Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Matrix' forum
Home

Old 21-11-2007, 00:39   #1
Matrix
Administrator

Default CDZ Rule The World II - Spoiler

As you can see I've got my own very religion.

Interesting situation: Nitro is my brother with whom I've played countless Civ-games; Civilization II, III and IV. From those experiences I can tell we are quite evenly matched and needless to say we know exactly how much our agreements are worth.

Fate has also put NHL on the same continent, as Inca. He's a friend of mine, but so far I've only played one game with him (which I won). Only Robboo is a regular player to me.

Nitro and I already talked a lot about this game, even though we've only played a few turns so far. But I get the impression we share the same opinion: because we are so evenly matched a battle between us would flush both down the drain, so it's better to coexist for as long as possible. We've agreed that I'll get the west coast and Texas and he gets the rest of North America. I'm not sure that's entirely fair, because he gets the majority of the grassland, but ok.

Now I personally already have made a long term prospect: Nitro can have a slightly better land piece, if NHL and I are able to knock out Robboo and I can have a piece of that. Then when we've developed America we'll see who's the best target for us to attack collectively. (Probably Mali or Rome.)

We'll see how it turns out.
Old 21-11-2007, 16:34   #2
mauer
King

What were the changes made to the US westcoast? Sorry, I didn't see the updated map for this one anywhere. Also, is Alaska suitable for settling? If not, I'd think you got the short end of the stick by getting the west.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 17:02   #3
Matrix
Administrator

The US westcoast and a bit of Canada is strongly improved, but Alaska is rather useless, except for the resources present there.
Old 05-01-2008, 18:53   #4
Matrix
Administrator

Nitro and I have been talking a lot and very extensively about this game and made a sort of permanent alliance. We both know that a victory of one of us is half a victory of the other, but he knows and I know we both want the full victory. But it'll probably never come to that anyway, so we'll also probably stay allied for the rest of the game.

But...having played and talked with Nitro, I know he is sneaky. Very sneaky. And he has already proven that in the current game. We're both pulling Robboo's strings - so much that I'm afraid he's going to be seriously pissed off once Nitro and I are attacking him.

Robboo suggested we share America together: he kills NHL and I'll kill Nitro. I've said it's a nice idea, but only for the long term. Meanwhile Nitro and I are giving Robboo the impression that we're about to turn towards each other. In the 'knowledge' that we do so, he is planning an attack on NHL on the short term. Nitro and I will sneak attack Robboo a few turns after he declared war on NHL. That way Robboo and NHL will be weakened and we'll have the advantage. Nitro in return wants a couple of Robboo's cities, but I'll offer him my cities north of Custa City and the horse for his help. Once Robboo is out of the way, the three of us (with hopefully a weaker NHL) will join forces against the mean outside world. I think, with so many civs, America is big enough for the 2.5 of us.

Researching Iron Working now, as you can see. After this I'll do Sailing, to make contact with others, and to build a city on Cuba.

Old 18-01-2008, 21:43   #5
Matrix
Administrator

Nitro and I are at the verge of attacking Robboo. I hope you can read this, but those are the units in Goon about to attack next turn.

The galley carries a settler and will pick up that archer to deploy on Cuba. After that it'll go to Europe empty to meet others.

I rule in score, but more importantly: Nitro and I rule in power and especially in production. Gold is a little too vague to show, but I seem to be first myself, then Nicodemus, Nitro is third and Robboo last.

Old 18-01-2008, 22:55   #6
Shabbaman
Administrator

You're really building walls?
Old 18-01-2008, 23:57   #7
Matrix
Administrator

Well, I have stone, so it was done really fast. Besides, I didn't know I'd go to war with him so early.
Old 19-01-2008, 19:50   #8
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quoteear Robboo (cc:Matrix),

Despite our good diplomatic relations, I have decided to declare war on you. If our pan-American society (Matrix+Nitro+Robboo+Nicodemus) remains divided into four countries, we will be too weak to be able to compete with 'offlanders'. Now, you have expressed your frustration in the forum about slow progress in the jungle. Currently, you also have the lowest ranking. For me, that was sufficient reason to try and conquer your lands.

I prefer not to use double moves, because it's 'not in the nature' of Civilization. What is your opinion?

In high regard,
your enemy,
Chief Nitro
Quote:
quoteear Robboo (cc:Nitro),

When you suggested to try to get South America while I'd conquer North America, it sounded like a good plan, but I deliberately did not want to peg myself down to that plan. When it became clear to me that you did not make any effort at all, while Nitro and I were building up troops, we decided it would be better not to deplete our armies onto each other, but rather on a lesser defended civilization. I hope you can understand this point of view.

Like Nitro, I too prefer not to use double moves.

Kind regards,
Emperor Matrix
Old 02-02-2008, 17:09   #9
Matrix
Administrator

There are people whom I would've enjoyed killing much more than Robboo. He's a good, proper and honest player.

He tries to convince Nitro and myself to turn against each other, with the argument that he'd make a much better ally in the future than NHL, which might be true considering his experience, but my deal with Nitro is too firm, that I would lose my credibility for life. It's already damaged because I forgot I had a peace treaty with Robboo until 1 AD.

Anyway, he fortified a pile of units on a hill just before his capital, through which we couldn't break until two turns from now. I hope we'll have anything left to capture his capital, but then again, I don't think Robboo will have much more than a warrior left standing there. Nitro and I outproduce him by about a factor five, so he's got absolutely no chance on the long term.
Old 07-02-2008, 00:11   #10
Matrix
Administrator

We've broken through, but I wonder whether it wasn't smarter to wait until the catapults arrived, which would be in about another eight turns. Anyway, he only has a horse archer and a great general in his capital. We only have wounded units left, as you can see. I lost about 12 units.