Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beam's hangout
Home

Old 16-04-2007, 22:39   #1
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.
Default Rule the World Pitboss - * * * S P O I L E R * * *

<center>S
P
O
I
L
E
R

32.85KB

Told ya. </center>
Old 16-04-2007, 22:49   #2
Beam
c00l b33r

First Pitboss game and I think it is going to be fun.

Civ choice mainly is based on having room for expansion. Enough of that in South America although a lot of jungle chopping. So first part of the tech tree will be heavily towards IW.

Closest neighbour is Stapel and I know from experience he likes an early offense and the Jag is a very good unit for that but easily countered with Axes. I also expect a lot of barbs from the Amazone bassin so I don't expect a boring game.

In terms of strategy main focus is on expansion in SA with occasional skirmishes with my dear friend Stapel.

One of the mods made in the map is an opening in the Andes towards the Amazon bassin otherwise it is just a strip along the coast for the Incas.

105.36KB
Old 17-04-2007, 11:47   #3
Rik Meleet

Whereabouts will you dump city #2 ?
Old 17-04-2007, 12:16   #4
Beam
c00l b33r

Further N along the coast. I already know there is a desert tile with corn next to it and a dye N. 3rd city will be S on the coast for Bronze but has little else. 4rd city either near the Panama isthmus or in the amazone bassin.
Old 17-04-2007, 13:16   #5
Darkness

why are you keeping the quetcha in Cuzco? You already know where Stapel (aztecs) is, so keeping a look-out in the north would free the second quetcha for scouting...
Old 17-04-2007, 22:06   #6
Beam
c00l b33r

Good point Darkness, guess I was occupied with getting the game up and running. Been pondering a while though but it will be animals first and the Quecha can gain some experience in the green hell of the Amazon bassin. As long as it doesn't byte the big one.
Old 27-05-2007, 21:35   #7
Beam
c00l b33r

2360BC:

All going pretty well and the first time I've build Stonehenge afaik! Positive reasons are it helps expanding other cities borders to fill the fat cross until Calendar (weel, that's one reason but what the heck). Other reason there wasn't a lot else to build at the cap that time cause any new city would either require heavy jungle chopping or be build to far away. So the Beamer is #1 in the ranks atm but substract 20 points and you'll get a better idea where we are.

Stonehenge centers the map (surprise, surprise the Inca are bottom left ). No contact with other players yet although a Quecha is scouting N and could meet Stapel soon. Here's a pic of the continent. A scouting Quecha (the one you mentioned Darkness!) is recovering from barbs.

82.47KB

Next city is planned in the dark W of the double gems and SE of the banana. We all know the map and there is a spot there next to a river with Iron and Corn nearby. Breda will do Axe &gt; Settler couple of times and also settle the Banana and the bottleneck near Panama.

Meantime Sailing was discovered to allow city #2 and #3 to build a Lighthouse cause that's the only way for growth.

140.37KB

As you can see 3 religions have been founded. I just wait for them to spread my way.

Last but not least demographics. Looking good imo and I really hope I can keep it that way.

104.32KB
Old 10-06-2007, 22:40   #8
Beam
c00l b33r

1760bc:

106.04KB

Settled Macchu Pichu not only there for the Iron but also as a hub to settle the S of the continent where less jungle chopping is required to make something out of it. No contact with Stapel yet but a Quecha is moving into position extreme NW. It can only wait from there cause of a freaking mountain.

Some news about what's going on in the game in general:
- Shabba got the Oracle and selected Theology as free tech thereby acquiring his 2nd religion. I guess he has good reasons I'm unaware of (Theocracy, Sistine). No surprise he is scoreleader atm.
- Robi (China) is acquiring Mongolia cause PP isn't playing imho. Pity PP doesn't have the time, it can also be unbalancing because China now has a lot of uncontested room for expansion.
- Afaik I'm the only one left without having contaced someone else.
- Inca are leading in GNP having 40 and 35 for 2nd in GNP.

Midterm strat still is on SA expansion helped by a peacedeal with Stapel but I'll have to meet him first to know what he is up to.
Old 17-07-2007, 10:44   #9
Beam
c00l b33r

600BC and time for an update plus some info for Darkness when he is subbing for me during holiday.

The capital just completed The Temple of Artemis which gives a nice boost in commerce. Not the wonder I'd really like to have however. That's the Great Lib but akots completed it just after I started. Well not to many turns lost and some gold in return so I can live with that.

Made contact with both Stapel and robboo, Open Borders with both. Also nice for commerce even more because Currency was discovered 1 turn ago. All this means with 5 cities Techrate is at 90% and 0 gpt. So time to settle 2 or 3 more cities.

Looking at the map there are enough good spots, I favor 2 spots in particular. Both are indicated by an orange dot on the map.

123.88KB

The spot in the NW is basically there to act as a Panama canal and also allows to hook up the first Crab. The 2nd spot is NE next to a Spice and on a Fresh Water tile. Except from hooking up another resource it is a good starting point for overseas exploration and making contact with the rest of the world.

To the E and S are also some good spots, I'll decide on that later. There is a barb city there but on this diff. level usually not an issue.

90.36KB

GNP atm is exceptionally good for the Inca Empire being #1 with a margin and only 1 cottage! Easily explaing because the 2 coastal cities mainly working coastal tiles and the cap working both a gold and a silver. Besides the other cities are also working fresh water tiles. It also explains why Mfg is not that good but can be improved easily in the future.

110.96KB

About the rest of the game:
- akots is score leader with 424, Shabba second with 373, Beam third with 342, BC 337, Robi 308. All others are well below 270.
- akots build a nice bunch of wonders. I guess he did a lot of chopping. The Inca haven't had a single forest so far, just smelly jungle!
- Somewhere I feel there will be action soon in NA. Although the continent is quite large the usable area is much smaller.
- The same for the Old World. Both BC and akots have an aggressive playing style. Shabba sits in the Middle East and has friends all around him. The Mali at some time certainly want to expand to better terrain.
- Robi (China) will most likely expand, expand as there is little competition for him.

Last but not least tech path: CoL &gt; CS &gt; Compass and on to Optics. No Hunting, Archery, Meditation, Priesthood, Monotheism, Monarchy yet. If needed it will be about 10 turns for the whole set.
Old 17-07-2007, 19:21   #10
Darkness

Hey Beam,

I just logged in to look around a little bit.

It looks good and I like the plans. May I suggest keeping Cuzco on a settler/worker build strat for the time being? Especially considering it's maxed out in health and happyness? First two settlers, for both spots you indicated. Then two workers for jungle clearing capacity...

Let me know when you leave and what specifically you want me to do, OK?