Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 19-03-2007, 12:04   #1
Kemal

Default Club Economy

Now that we've completed another full season, I was wondering how teams here at CDZ are coping with the economic problems the game poses these days.

Since we have a large diversity of teams here with regard to division level and team strength, I'm curious what you guys rely on most for your income (skilltrades, training, crowd, sponsors) and how much money your making (losing?).

As for Snaken, I mostly rely on crowd and sponsor income to increase my bank account as I see training as a reliable way to improve ratings rather than gain money. Since I started the season at exactly 0 euro, the net result of one season of football is pretty easy to see for me.

I've made 1.3M euro this season (my current cash) though that includes selling and replacing 2 trainees. Substracting the cash gained from these sales, I think I'm about 800K in the plus, which is slightly better than the +40K/week I'm aiming for using crowd/sponsor money vs salary costs.

Still, not a lot of money per season I think, as I'm not using training to get extra cash, meaning that besides my weekly increase on friday, there is little room to improve the team atm.

So the question is, how are other clubs doing in this regard, here at CDZ?
Old 19-03-2007, 12:17   #2
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Not good but I'm breaking even. There is no time for daytrading and training brings little cash if none these days. So, mostly it comes from crowd and sponsors I'm afraid.
Old 19-03-2007, 12:19   #3
Robboo
King

Sponsers and tickets are my income. In order to make ends meet I cut my team down to 17 players at one point. I am back up to 21 players but i am pulling in a profit with just my sponsors now. I will be upgrading my stadium so that should take a chunk out of the profits if I dont fill the seats.

I am training to build my own team so half of all my trainees stay on the squad. I have sold a few trainess but those were to provide enough money for some newer younger ones and some with Winger in addition to PM.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 12:27   #4
Kingreno

Div 7 came at the wrong time. I had to buy a new team to secure promotion and I lose roughly 100k per week...

I rely mostly on Training and buying loads of passbale 18yr olds for &lt;3k, and selling them for 20k when they finaly pop to solid in osmosis training.

Div 6 again this year though and with 1800 sups I increased thestadium to 41k...That should get me back to somewhat acceptable figures again.

All in all the new economy sucks.
Old 19-03-2007, 12:28   #5
Tubby Rower

I made money in season 31 mainly from sponsor and crowd revenue. I honestly can't see getting much money from training. It takes far too long to train my trainees because I had to get some older trainees due to limited cash flow.

I burnt all of my proceeds in a stadium upgrade. I should be selling out the new expanded stadium even with bad fan mood. So my new home in division V shouldn't effect my income too much. Once some more cash comes in I'll sell some of my older trainees and get some younger ones so that maybe training could be profitable.

I received no income from the Youth Squad as I was anticipating the new system and cut funding to the old system at the beginning of the season.

Here is my current balance sheet. I do have some debt as I wanted to get my new stadium capacity before I had any home matches in the cup. If you add it up I'm making about $42k per week. (I divided the crowd income by 2 to average it over the two weeks for home and away matches.)

Code:
Balance sheet
Revenue 				Expenses
Crowd 		$  	68,640 		Arena 		$  	-12,350 	
Sponsors 	$  	67,917 		Wages 		$  	-27,668 	
Financial 	$  	0 		Interest 	$  	-14,723 	
Temporary 	$  	0		Temporary 	$  	 -6,000 	
					Staff 		$  	-33,000 	
  					Youth Squad 	$  	      0
Old 19-03-2007, 12:28   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Right now I am making profit if only crowd and sponsor income are taken into account. This is about 20K per week, so 280K per season. Keeper training netted me about 1M (edit: 800K) euro last season.

I'm looking for other training types to increase my training results. EDIT: but I get the feeling that other training types aren't very profitable, looking at above comments. How can this be?
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 14:16   #7
sz_matyas

It's fairly easy to measure how I'm doing as well. I started $150K in debt and am currently $125K in debt. That's primarily because I sink all of my money right back into my team. I'm using training to upgrade my team right now, so there is no income from that (but it is helping out). Around the middle of the season sponsors covered all my expenses, but then I bought some players including a brilliant and I lose just a little money without home games and salaries are expected to jump next season. Investing in YS next season will hurt the bottom line, but I should be able to sell out almost every game, thanks to an undersized stadium.
Old 19-03-2007, 14:59   #8
Robboo
King

Based on the comments above...( and a continuation of mine since I had to run to work)

I think its time for a paradigm shift. We need to look at trainees as a way to pay for new better trainees and not as ways to fund our team or improve all positions. We need to run bare minimum on staff and players. Training rotations on our own players may be the best bet in fielding a stronger team. This is sort of where I am heading.

Basically..salaries(Staff and players)are paid by the ticket income. You assume that is you are spending on salaries your team is going to bring in ticket income. The sponsors pay for your youth investment and stadium upkeep. Any time the tickets or sponsors cant pay "their share"...indicates a time when you need to do something to get things back on track. Sales of trainees will and should pay for 2 better replacement trainees and so this would allow you to hold on to your half your trainees and still make a bit of money The excess money from any of the three money sources is what you use to purchase a new coach or newer better players. Its a slower approach and wont get you out of you division every other season but when you do move you shoudl not have to worry about relegation. This will work up to a certain division BUT above that you need to "buy your team".
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 15:01   #9
Dell19
King

This season I made a modest profit from league attendences however I also made quite a bit of money from a cup run and selling a couple of supernatural wingers. It seems as if I made about £3 million over the season with half of that coming from trainee sales. I expect to probably make about £0.5 million next season as my wages have increased, won't be winning games and will be switching training where I will need to buy a half trained player and sell a couple of unspectacular winger trainees.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 15:02   #10
barbu1977
Emperor

Playing in Canada div 5 is quite easy because of the large fan club associated with div5. So most of my revenue comes from crowd and income, but I also maintain a basic goalkeeper training that gives me a couple extra $$ year.

But my squad is getting old, and I will have to get many young player soon to replace many 30+ players in the near future.