Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 18-11-2006, 23:35   #1
Socrates
Emperor

Default Season 30, Day 14

Quote:
quote:Clouds darkened the skies at Le CALEDONIUM STADIUM as 12000 spectators turned up for the match. SPEEDRABBIT had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Pagès - Zagulski, Kristiansen, Worth, Enevoldsen - Barovi#263;, Codreanu, Denkmair, Herrold - Saavedra, Eizema.

Olympic had chosen a strategic 4-5-1 formation. Starters: Dartois - Cussac, Lenoir, Mouysset, Plançon - Macrez, Marouby, Faye, Daucher, Bach - Boissonneault.

It was an obvious ambition of SPEEDRABBIT to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. SPEEDRABBIT had a chance to take the lead on Rob Eizema's dazzling drive up the left, but the opportunity fizzled away as his shot went just over the bar in the 19th minute. Olympic almost scored after a swift counterattack 26 minutes into the game, but Yvan Bach put the shot from the left flank just outside the goal. As Thierno Faye had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Olympic player a red card without batting an eye. Ingo Herrold's knee will be throbbing for days, but thankfully for SPEEDRABBIT, he bravely continued in the match. SPEEDRABBIT's Marco Antonio Saavedra tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors' defenders. Olympic's defense sent a ball soaring up the middle on a beautiful counterattack, but Mathieu Boissonneault's finish was met by the reaching hands of the keeper. Odd Kristiansen received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 39th minute and almost let an opponent score. After 41 minutes of play, Manfred Worth gave the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. It was 1 - 0 at the break. This half belonged to SPEEDRABBIT, who controlled the ball 68 percent of the time.

SPEEDRABBIT managed to extend their lead to 2 - 0 when Florian Zagulski cut in neatly from the left side and struck a fine shot past the away team's goalkeeper. Rob Eizema sailed high above the opponents as he headed the 3-0 goal in on a corner kick from Trajko Barovi#263; after 55 minutes of play. After 56 minutes, Marco Antonio Saavedra put SPEEDRABBIT ahead 4 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 71st minute Trajko Barovi#263; put SPEEDRABBIT ahead 5 - 0 with a truly marvelous free kick. At this point in the game, defending their lead became the main priority for SPEEDRABBIT. SPEEDRABBIT's Ingo Herrold was shown a yellow card for standing over the ball and blocking an opponent's quick freekick in the 86th minute. SPEEDRABBIT, bringing their ball possession to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating SPEEDRABBIT player was without a doubt Tomas Denkmair. Thierry Pagès turned in a dismal performance, however. Olympic's top performer was clearly Laurent Macrez. Franz-Josef Daucher on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 0.
Just like France against the All Blacks, I couldn't make it against a team full of good players. This team leaves Division VIII with an impressive result of 13 wins and 1 draw, 59 goals for, 6 goals against (2 by me ! ).

I hope that the team coming here next season is a newbie, otherwise it'll be almost impossible to get out of this division before long. There are already 2 good teams to beat here.
Old 19-11-2006, 17:20   #2
yndy
Prince

I promoted directly to division IV.

It feels great right now. I have 8 consecutive wins and I knew I'd win the group since two weeks. But only yesterday I was sure that I will promote directly.
Old 19-11-2006, 18:38   #3
Swingue
Prince

Hee Yndy, congratz!!!
I will for sure relegate directly

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 18:43   #4
arne1
King

congratulations Yndy, great job!
Old 19-11-2006, 19:16   #5
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Nice run , Yndy.
Old 19-11-2006, 20:13   #6
Darth Pugwash
Warlord

Well, I lost the battle but won the war today - I lost my game 3-2 but I won the league on goal difference.

(I knew I was garanteed top spot as to finish above me the other team would have to win by 20 goals, so I PICed it)

Now for the qualifier...
Darth Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 22:36   #7
Dell19
King

I won 5-3 against the team in second and thus won the league.

I have a qualifier next week but I am not planning on trying to win it since I MOTSed my last league game anyway.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 23:09   #8
arne1
King

I lost probably due to a bad choice. I should have played one of my winger to mid, and I would have a bit more chances. I am 4th now. Better luck next year I supposse
Old 20-11-2006, 04:20   #9
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Overall this horrible for me season ends not that bad. I'm second and have also won 10K cash for the best striker. It could have been worse, considering the circumstances. Still, I have drawn the last game with 200 stars against 150 for some reason.
Old 20-11-2006, 04:38   #10
barbu1977
Emperor

I finished 4th. I was thinking of trowing badly to game to play a qualifier, but 4th assures me 1 more game in the cup, so that's not to bad.