Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > BCLG's 100 variations on spam
Home

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2006, 23:40   #1
BCLG100
Deity

Default ********Spoiler-18 Player Pitboss Game**********

Bit late to be starting one up i know but could really appreciate anyones help with it.

There's BCLG Empire

Heres Coolville-early on i figured seeing as i had stone and a fairly productive city i should go for the pyramids, so i did and 13 turns later i got it!

I felt to stop myself getting boxed in i should plant a city a little way out so i planted Aloha a bit farther out from my Empire

I lost shagpad to barbs the turn after i founded taoism there but captured it back the turn after wit only 2 loss of pop points, here it is in all its glory.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 28-05-2006, 00:12   #2
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Cool, let's see some pictures of that unfolding action!
Old 28-05-2006, 00:46   #3
BCLG100
Deity

well it seems to be my computer that is messing up the pitboss server, im not sure why because ive been playing for awhile and it hasnt done anything so far.

Though i spoke to dave slightly on AIM before, the war we have may turn into a phoney war we've both got bigger fish to fry, namely grs to my north.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 28-05-2006, 14:22   #4
BCLG100
Deity

Well heres the situation with dave
A-is my prelimary expedition force- mace, 1 axe and 1 cat
B-is what is defending daves city- 2 axes, 1 spear and 2 archers.
Dave has 3 axes outside of Shackopolis his capital city-all in forest making it hard for me to attack them.

My big stack is the one behind the prelim force with more axes and a mace arriving 1 turn after that.

Dave has offered me Copper to stop this war however what is everyone elses thoughts, should i press home my advantage or accept it- I am without a resource, im recieving grs's for the time being but that ends shortly.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 28-05-2006, 15:29   #5
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Are you allied with someone?

If you spend too much on this war, perhaps someone will stab you while your forces are away.
And Daveshack seems weak relative to you.

But copper is perhaps a bit cheap. Since you already have a deal on that with grs - perhaps you can see if you can get DS to up his offer a bit (before your copper deal with grs runs out) - it looks to me like you have the numbers in your favor, while he has the terrain in his.Unless I have miscalculated the amount of units of course. Which happens. I am a second rate mathematician (read: economist) after all []
Old 28-05-2006, 16:40   #6
BCLG100
Deity

Not militarily but techly i have an alliance with whomp and robi D most. With tech deals arranged with robboo and others.

On the power histogram i am second with grs top-i havnt met davemcw
Im 3rd on the soldiers list about 30,000 behind number 1.
What i have been thinking is a phoney war with daveshack so i can turn my forces around and use them to attack grs. Recently the 'moderatly good' players have been getting together after noticing dave and grs working together we're starting to orgaine our forces to be ready to attack.

My deal with grs runs out 500ad, then we have another 5 turns of peace before war must be declared again.

Also if im going to proceed with this war how does everyone think i should? that city isnt on a hill but dave recently switched to slavery so he can rush things and also 'discovered' CS and machinery on the same turn so he must be working with someone-this means he can build samurais
He is getting 46gpt however right now has no gold so cant do any upgrades anytime soon.

Coolville is getting Horse archers every 2 turns and aloha every 3 if i shuffle things about, so thats 3 archers every 4 turns which isnt that bad. Some of my axes are up 3exp things as well. mostly +25%against mellee but a couple against archers.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 28-05-2006, 17:02   #7
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Sounds like a good thing to turn your attention to grs then.

My guess is - try to see if you can sneak past his (DaveS) units and attack.

But I dunno about them terrain bonuses (attacking someone in a forest is not a good thing for you IIRC)
Old 28-05-2006, 17:10   #8
BCLG100
Deity

yer 50% defence bonus in forests, i might wait for all my units to gather on that hill then move a couple of units down onto the cottage, to try and draw an attack from one of the units in the forest, then counter attack and move the rest of the units into the forest.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 30-05-2006, 20:14   #9
BCLG100
Deity

Well i attacked an axe in the forest as you can see with a 38% chance of winning and i won losing only 5hp which he can regain while im bombarding shackopolis.
Ive also sent 3 horse archers down the side of his territory-unseen- through egypt to attack his southern cities which robboo has told me has only one archer in-20% defence so i should be able to capture that in about 4/5 turns and shackopolis, im not sure depends how long bombarding takes, im going to suicide the cats as well though when its down to 0%

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 30-05-2006, 20:17   #10
Pastorius
Custard used tile