Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 17-02-2005, 14:05   #1
Socrates
Emperor

Default Camembert party in spring maybe ?

Here I come. Long time I wanted to set up a CDZ reunion, and I think there is a good window next spring. Killer won't do his reunion before the middle of summer, and the last one at Beam's was more than 3 months ago already.

Nothing is sure on my side at the moment, but the willing is there. I'd like you all to come in the French countryside in spring, for a whole weekend, maybe a bit more ? The place in question is a part (and only a part !) of an old family "mansion" (don't know how to call those ruins ). I'd first have to be allowed to use it by my grand-mother and uncles, and I know there must be some working there soon maybe, but we still don't know.

Therefore I'm opening this thread to see how many people would be interested. If enough motivation is there, I could have more pressure to get the place for a weekend, maybe... I'm thinking of a weekend somewhere in April or May, so that it can be a little hot and sunny. Maybe one of the extended weekends we have around that time ? (In France we have several days off, and some people take some more days to create mini-holidays). The place is located to the south of Paris, about 100 km away (1.5 hour by car or more, it depends on the traffic).

This thread is yours now.
Old 17-02-2005, 18:34   #2
Rik Meleet

OUI !!
Je veux aller A France. J'espere beaucoup des gents le veux aussi. !!
Old 17-02-2005, 21:49   #3
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

OUI !!
Je veux aller <s>A</s> en France. J'espere que beaucoup des <s>gents</s> gens le <s>veux</s> veullent aussi. !!
I would never be able to make something like this in a third language.

For me, the trip is a bit expensive, and for a week end. And that is whitout any time shift
Old 18-02-2005, 11:59   #4
Socrates
Emperor

Tip : always come in after a Quebecquian (or whatever they're called) to correct a few things. I wouldn't have corrected Rik if it wasn't for barbu's mistakes.

"Je veux aller en France. J'espère que beaucoup de gens le veulent aussi !!"

Which means : "I want to go to France. I hope that many people want it too !!"

I hope so as well. Mansion in the countryside, yes, but with the hope that we can set up everything to run a big LAN, and have some good board games. Internet won't be possible, unless someone brings a wi-fi device (still not sure). Ah, there is a tennis court and a swimming pool too.
Old 18-02-2005, 13:06   #5
digger760
King

So can I assume, from the last few posts, that there is a difference between Canadian "French" and French "French"

Threadjacking asside...i most likely can't make it. For no reason other than, time and money is in short supply in my world. I can't see how i could justify a trip to france (or any other CDZ get togethers) without taking the other two ladies in my life. And to put them through the torture of a bunch of blokes playing PC games would ruin all the fun for me. If I were single I would be there with bells on...but i not gonna get divorced just for it.

I guess i'm not as addicted to civ as I thought I was.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 13:52   #6
barbu1977
Emperor

What a poor job I did.

@digger: The difference between Canadian French and French French is only with the use of regional words, and the accent use for speach.
The grammar and spelling is the same. I'm just not so good at proofreading my work.
Old 18-02-2005, 14:35   #7
Socrates
Emperor

Too bad digger, but a man's got to follow some ways of life, and if you can't come alone for a weekend, there's nothing I can do.

About the difference between Canadian French and "French tout court, Monsieur Vincent" (private joke to myself and maybe barbu), I think there are quite many differences, but as barbu said, mainly in the words and phrases. barbu recently sent me a PM written in French of course and used the word "présentement", which should mean "currently", but in France we use the word "actuellement". barbu's one is a good laugh for us. And there are funnier words too, but I'm not sure about all that. Ahem, apology to my friends from Quebec.

So, it appears Rik and I will have some fun on our own, eh ?
Old 18-02-2005, 17:39   #8
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Cant make it. April and May no good.
Old 18-02-2005, 18:32   #9
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Difficult for me to say if I can make it, sounds like a nice idea however.
Old 19-02-2005, 10:30   #10
grs
The Nameless One

Largely depends on my financial situation, which depends on me finding a new job soon. If that happens, I would gladly come to France.