Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > grs' forum
Home

Old 02-11-2004, 17:40   #1
grs
The Nameless One

Default grs vs. Tesuji #2 - finished

The revenge for the game below. We are actually playing for some weeks now. Just starting the spoiler thread, after it had developed a bit. It does not look like an ultrafast victory this time - at least I found no seabrdge yet

Settings: small map, 2 humans and 4 AI, continents 70%, barbs roaming, monarch level. I took Greece and he took Egypt this time.

My start:

54.24*KB

1275BC - Turn 70:

106.72*KB

No settler factory this time - or in fact Sparta could have been one, but given the low level and the small landmass I do not think it would have payed out to irrigate all the way down there. I got a good portion of the land, though I missed the iron by two turns. My settling phase has pretty much ended and I will switch to war mode soon.

Tech was pottery - writing - philosophy - map making (for free) - code of laws. Map making was a stupid choice, I should have taken CoL instead. I am now researching The Republic and will switch after a short war. I traded for the basic techs plus iron working and mysticism - the AI is no help on this level unless on a pangea. I plan to skip swords and get my isle with horses and then upgrade to knight later. But this is only a vague plan yet. Getting the iron is my next goal.
Old 13-11-2004, 13:20   #2
grs
The Nameless One

It is 630BC now an I just became a Republic. Cash is flowing in nicely. I will research literature in 4 to expand borders in 2 towns with libraries. I can already buy horseback from the AI and upgrade my charriots to horses then to get the Chinese iron (they did not connect it yet).

The best: I got a galley through and it could be possible to jump to the other isle from where it is!

114.48KB
Old 24-12-2004, 00:21   #3
grs
The Nameless One

Ok...game is over for some time...really forgot about the spoiler, but I guess not many people read that after all. I killed China and Dutch on my homeland then raced to knights and caravels. I landed a decent stack in his lands and immediately took 2 cities. He gave up again. There will probably not be another rematch.

110.87KB

147.24KB
Old 24-12-2004, 00:44   #4
ERIKK

congrats!
Old 24-12-2004, 01:58   #5
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Congrats grs! And spoilers are some of the greatest assets we have here, don't hesitate to post them.
Old 24-12-2004, 09:52   #6
Plux
King

You took only two cities and that's it? What was wrong? He didn't have any military at all? Why not fight back and try to recover, it could be only a minor blow..
Old 24-12-2004, 10:59   #7
grs
The Nameless One

Well I guess he realised how far back he was tech and military wise. He just had discovered feudalism, while I have the upper path to astronomy and the lower to chemistry (though he could only guess the latter), but I agree he gave up quite fast.
Old 24-12-2004, 12:09   #8
Banzai

Congrats! That sure is a quick victory!!