Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 31-07-2003, 23:12   #21
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 166:

I was already fearing that I would enter the IA before Military Tradition was known, but luckily it came just in time

52.57*KB

Jack caught up quite fast and only lacks Military Tradition before he gets cossacks. Let's hope he is broke. If so, then he will be in big trouble:

21.58*KB

Hmmm... I guess he will be anyway

Now only this has to come in before war can be decalred. In an ideal world I'll be at his border by then.

26.69*KB

I still make a lot of gpt (90 or so, after all the tech buying!!) and also produce 4 cavalry a turn to watch my back (Chinese/Zulu)

Turn 167:

This is what Jack lacks:

12.7KB
Old 31-07-2003, 23:27   #22
anarres
anarchist butcher

Hmm, looks like a nice situation to be in. Are you going to attack before he gets Cossacks or are you going to wait for rails to move in and out fast, since you should have that some time before him?
Old 31-07-2003, 23:53   #23
Aggie
Emperor

I plan to attack before he has cossacks and get MA's with the world, to prevent him from buying Military Tradition. Then he will be lacking it for about 5 turns. I'm already moving in, but have 6 turns to get to him. It could be too late. It would have been more ideal for the world to be needing two techs for IA.

I figure: I have the advantage now. Who knows how that is after his GA?
Old 01-08-2003, 17:40   #24
Aggie
Emperor

What should my strategy be?

IMHO right now is when the endgame starts. I will attack Jack, there's no question about it. However, he may be close to getting Cossacks and I want gis GA to be as short or useless as possible . The AI is constantly at war, so troops won't be positioned near Jack. And the troops will hinder my movement. I have still 6 turns to go before I get to Jack's border with my SoD.

Should I:
- Declare war and get all the MA's as soon as I'm in the Industrial Age, even when I have 4 turns to go to get to him? Pro: he will be surprised and he won't have Cossacks and GA. Con: he might be able to make peace before I come.
- Declare war as soon as I'm able to attack and get the MA's then. Pro: I will be there to do the damage. Con: he will have Cossacks + GA.
Old 01-08-2003, 18:06   #25
Black_Waltz

If you declare war early he'll be ready for you. If you leave it then there will be a bigger suprise and therefore someone who is less ready to fight a war.

The Red Flag
Old 01-08-2003, 18:07   #26
anarres
anarchist butcher

You don't want his GA to start now if you are going to attack in 4 turns. That's not a Pro since he will have 4 turns heavy production before you get there.

IMO you want to attack and get the MA's at the same time, suprise him before he gets a few turns of full military production. You may even want to go for nationalism first so you can mobilise to finish him off, although rails is very nice when at war...
Old 01-08-2003, 18:13   #27
Aggie
Emperor

anarres: Jack may get Mil Trad in 5 turns when not at war with the world. The window of opportunity is closing... He may be able to buy the tech, but can't buy while at war.
Old 01-08-2003, 18:24   #28
anarres
anarchist butcher

Hmm, I would still wait. Even if he can buy it / research it quick he won't have cash for upgrades. If you get MA's now he may research it anyway himself and then he can trigger his GA. If you wait he can't trigger his GA until you attack, and even then he may miss out on it straight away.
Old 01-08-2003, 18:33   #29
Aggie
Emperor

Hmmm, that was not one of my options. So I really have to rethink things. What worries me that he is scientific and that he can get the upperhand in the tech race. And 54 cavs seem like a lot. The military advisor says I'm quite strong vs the AI and Jack.
Old 01-08-2003, 18:36   #30
Black_Waltz

If he is close to researching it then you can't deny him the tech. You're just going to have to find the most favourable way of attacking him. This would be - as anarres said - to attack and get MA's at the same time as entering his territory.

Any chance of some screenshots?

The Red Flag