Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 2
Home

Old 31-07-2006, 20:07   #11
BCLG100
Deity

I think we should move one NW to grab the fish and means we have a productive sea city (maybe GL or Colossus could be ahuge befeit considering the other city would also allow us to buidl something while we are waiting to get positive gpt and would greatly increase gpt) dunno if that all makes sense

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:46   #12
socralynnek

I'd move the warrior to the hills, there I think he sees more.Settling S would be nice of there is another resource, otherwise I'd agree with BCLG that NW is mor interesting.

The question still is: How much could we gain by moving a little more to the east, or should we settle in place and go for Forbidden Palace ASAP.

Interesting situation.
Old 01-08-2006, 20:14   #13
BCLG100
Deity

Not much by settling east however, though we could move the warrior onto the hill to check. i agree with the FP need and also the eventual need for state property

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:05   #14
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

One of the factors I haven't seen yet in the discussion are the aggressive AI and raging barbs. This would call for early settling to create a save place on a landmass. The gpt thing is an issue but the cap has lots of cash (and little hammers) around it so my gut feel is the gpt should be managable. The 2nd city should be about hammers imo.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:27   #15
socralynnek

And what we also shouldn't forget is that it's our second city which means no automatic border expansion, so it might be worth it settling directly next to a ressource to get that city to grow quickly.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45   #16
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

I'd move the warrior to the hills, there I think he sees more.Settling S would be nice of there is another resource, otherwise I'd agree with BCLG that NW is mor interesting.
Garee.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:39   #17
Darkness

Quote:

I agree.

Quote:

And what we also shouldn't forget is that it's our second city which means no automatic border expansion, so it might be worth it settling directly next to a ressource to get that city to grow quickly.
Again, I agree.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:07   #18
socralynnek

So, normally I think NW would be the nicest spot.

To get the ressources we 'd need a quick border expansion.

I see two options: Foundinga religion (which could also be founded in our capital, we'd have to found two to make it sure)
or build an Obelisk

For both we'd need to research Mysticism first.

At least we'd have the floodplains from beginning to work on and grow fast.

I guess the one who starts playing moves the warrior then stops, posts a pic and wait for the team decision

Things that normally work but seem not so nice here:
- Founding ONE religion as if it starts in the cap you won't see it spread for quite some time.

- CS slingshot. Bureaucracy doesn't looks as good with that capital without much production and without cottages, still wouldn't hurt though.

-An early military rush. The maintenance would probably kill us.

What could be nice:
Colossus.
Or GLighthouse.

Great people in capital. We don't need much military there and I could imagine only building 4 work boats, 1 warrior for happiness and only work those 4 tiles and the rest goes into GPP. With a Lighthouse, the clam produces 5fpt, the fish 6 fpt. so we could grow to size 12 without working any other tiles.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:31   #19
Darkness

Quote:

Foundinga religion (which could also be founded in our capital, we'd have to found two to make it sure)
Two religions (and even more. IIRC I saw a screenshot once with Buddhism, Judaism, Confucianism and Taoism founded in the same city)can found in the same city, so there is no quarantee we'd get culture expansion in our second city.

Quote:

I guess the one who starts playing moves the warrior then stops, posts a pic and wait for the team decision
Sounds logical to me.

NW will not give a resource (at least not as far as I can see now) in the initial 9, but the floodplains should help growth. Normally I detest Obilixes, but in this instance it might actually be useful to build one. It would at the very least give us rice and fish if we settle NW.

I'd also like to recommend getting fishing ASAP. All Kyoto is good for is the food resources but we have to able to get them. It'll take a long time for Kyoto to build a work boat so we should start as quickly as we can.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46   #20
socralynnek

We start with Fishing.

If you have two cities, one of which has a religion, the other don't, then the holy city always goes to the one without a religion.
But IIRC that doesn't give +1cpt directly or does it (at least one could build a temple)
Still I'd also vote for an Obelisk.