Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > SGOTM 6
Home

Old 23-04-2005, 11:12   #461
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

OK, finished playing the sucker. I mean my turns, not the whole game. We have lots of cities and lots of culture. I actually played 10 turns, took about 7 or 8 hours. First, check with MapStat all cities which grew and whip accordingly. Second, check and whip all cities on F1 screen sorted by build. I whipped starting from 16 shields up to 20 depending on surroundings and available food. Also, many cities started on Universities. It is possible to build quite a few with proper mictomanagement. Just need to grwo a city to size 6 and whip 100 shields first. Then add knights to disband and while the city grows, whip the rest. It takes time though but still better than colliseums.

We also losing gold, about 50 gpt, due to our high cultural pride. There is about 3K in the bank, more than enough to finish the game, no big deal. But we cannot research. May be we can pull some tech deal but I just don't see a desperate need for it. Many cities have been whipped to the edge and happiness is becoming a problem, I got a few riots in the interturns.

We passed jeffelammar in score and certainly can pass in culture however seems a rathe close race there. Offa's team has apparently already won the game around 1150AD or so, their last save is at 1050AD with about 75K culture. If they make around 2K cpt, they could have finished 1150AD.

We are at 43131 cp making 1308 cpt. Not bad at all, will finish in about 30 turns maximum if building more settlers and disband most of the units. Not that we are running low on land, it is this jungle I was struggling to settle. And Universities cannot be built in huge numbers all over the place just because knights are needed there to be disbanded. It might be worth building a few colliseums instead of universities but then we may run out of support money and they are not worth the hassle, only 2cpt.

One of Iro cities flipped to us:

114.49KB

And India had been killed:

129.14KB

Otherwise, pretty uneventful set of turns. We can flip a few more cities. Also, started settling suburbs of Paris a bit. There are some food bonuses around there.

Kingreno is UP then.
Old 23-04-2005, 11:18   #462
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I hate cultural games and milking games, and in most cases Spae race games, it is just a big waste of time especially on the larger than standard map. Why not go and kill the bad guys and forget about it.
Old 23-04-2005, 20:02   #463
Kingreno

Ok, short "in between" update. Played 5 turns and will do anotehr 5 since I have the time this evening, and I think I can manage better in 10 turns then i can in 5.

First thing I did was see where we can make more money. If we are going to build more culture we need more money for upkeep! Or....we can just forget about that and lose a random worker and building every turn. Is that allowed?

How bad is the economy? Well, at 100% tax we lose 174 gpt now, increasing with 20 gpt per turn. The AI has no money ATM so I started....selling non cultural improvements! I SOLD all Baracks, for 30 gpt and a one time 150 gold. We will not be going to war anyway. I also sold several harbours that were not vital to their cities.

Diplo: disbanding mili means we do NOT want a war, especially not with the Vikings...I gift them 2 luxes (seperately of course) so they turn Polite. I beg it helps. I also buy our 9th lux from england for metallurgy, 2 luxes and a little cash. This repays as several cities can now ditch Elvis.
Though some are still rather sad with our harsh rule:

12.67KB

In trading i also obtained:

11.61KB

Culture:

I whipp like a madman and we have 50516 Culture with 1593 cpt.

Will play more turns later this evening.

Old 24-04-2005, 00:10   #464
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Seems like a great progress! We can try to hire tax collectors in a few cities in the areas which are done with Cathedrals. Whipping a University is a big deal, need a somewhat larger city for that. So, some ICS tiles might be redistributed and those cities which are left on a low calory diet can go hunt for taxes.

But the map is huge, it is like 30-35% water on 130x100 map which makes it actually equal in land size to something in between large and huge map with 70% water.
Old 24-04-2005, 10:10   #465
Kingreno

Played till 1150 AD!

Culture now 59k and rising aprox 1.7k per turn. we should get towards 2k soon.

Things to do:

If we want this to be done as soon as we can there are several things we need to agree on. First, the order of building should be temple-cathedral-library. happiness is a problem even with 9 luxes...

Then there is the University- or colosseum-problem. Well, this game is over in 30 turns or so, so if you see No way to get the University in say 20 turns, switch to Colosseum, if that is not possible either switch to military units for Disbanding! Remember to whipp these as well, happiness in cities that are no longer on culture duty is not that important. Those shields produced by disbanding may help that University in another town.

My guess is that roughly a third of the cities nowproducting colli/Uni should be switched to mili. I will let the next player do this.

Whipping; remember to whipp when growth is higher if the city is smaller!! you can whipp to walls (20shields), setler (30), MI (40), Aquaduct (50), Musket (60), Knight (70), Courthouse (80), Market (100), then switch again to the colosseum/Uni.

Happiness: still okay though the floodplain cities cry for a new leader.
Old 25-04-2005, 03:13   #466
Melifluous
Administrator

OK I got it.

Nice work KR

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 11:48   #467
Melifluous
Administrator

OK Sorry about this.

Uploaded the save last night. Only played 5 turns.

Turnlog as follows.

Preturn - Eek. -245gpt and 1890 in the bank . Look around but KR did a great job before sending on the save. Nothing left but to hit return

Turn 01 - 1160AD - OK So I do a little maths and work out that at +1895cpt we make 100,000 in 21 turns, ie 1370AD. We need culture now and there will not be time to build most of the Unis ordered. Switch all that can to Colosseums and whip everything REALLY hard. Some cities go from size 6 to size 1! Should be a few buildings completed next turn

Turn 02 - 1170AD - 19 Colosseums and 3 Cathedrals complete. W00t. Continue my systematic raping of population.

Turn 03 - 1180AD - Colosseums - 4 Cathedrals - 11 Temples - 1. Whip anyone? 64621 culture.

IT - Babs complete Bachs.

Turn 04 - 1190AD - Colosseums - 5 Cathedrals - 7 Temples - 2. Whippet... 66565 = +1944cpt

Turn 05 - 1200AD - Colosseums - 3 Cathedrals - 2 Libraries - 1 Unis - 1. 68534 = +1969cpt Gandasetaigon flips from the chinese to us. Disband the free spear it gets and start on temple.

And thats it.

Have fun guys. Projected win date = 1360AD.

Melifluous

PS. anarres is up!
Old 28-04-2005, 22:46   #468
Melifluous
Administrator

Melifluous
Old 28-04-2005, 23:03   #469
col
King

He was around CFC today.
Old 28-04-2005, 23:12   #470
Melifluous
Administrator

Well I posted some pictures at CFC and not here

Melifluous