Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-03-2009, 10:32   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Last week I sold an 18 y.o. quick formi winger with passable PM for 1M. My other trainee also popped to formidable winger today. I buy these guys at solid winger, train them two levels (in three months time). I have to say that I've lost track of whether or not this is a good training performance, but I'm happy with it. It doesn't really bring me anywhere (although injuries are to blame for that), but it's good enough to stay at the current level. The other two trainees are überwingers, older players with high PM. Two weeks ago I sold one for 5.6M

I have to decide whether to sell or keep the freshly popped trainee. I just checked the transfer market, and I only found two (!) players with the required passable PM/solid wing/quick/17 y.o. and that... scares me. Where are all the youth pulls? I've seen this happen when I was training forwards: prices of trainees increased rapidly, but the supply of young outstanding scorers was so high that those players were worth a lot less than the trainees.

The obvious choice was to train older trainees, but this wobbly economy is what makes this game crap. Planning is worthless, so it seems.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:43   #12
Aggie
Emperor

I really wouldn't know what prices will be doing.

I'd say that young players are too expensive and old ones too cheap. But suppose that this is the case, will the market react at all?

And a little belated to Shabba: in the time that I was training wingers (more than a year ago now) I hardly could find comparable players with transfer compare too.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 11:42   #13
Aggie
Emperor

I'm selling the last player of my old core-midfield now.

After selling my young PM trainees and buying somewhat older (but not really old) and stronger mids I achieved the following:

- star rating jumped from 64 to 76.5
- hatstat rating jumped from 270 to 318 (and I still haven't played a 'normal' home game with high TS. I might reach 340 now already...)
- an additional 7 M euro on the bank
- player salary jumped from 150,000 to 350,000 (partly because I didn't want to take it into the extreme by buying 32 yo players. My players are around 29 yo).
- I have 5 strong PM's, 4 strong defenders and 3 strong attackers. So I'm able to coop with an injury here and there and switch in formations.
- the core of this team can last for at least three seasons

I'm now hoping for a good cup run, because this should help me getting the income needed to break even this season (or even make a bit of profit). A small loss is no distaster though. I'm ok with a loss of 1 M. I already made a lot of profit with the sale of the younger PM's...

This squad should be able to do well in the IVth league, so IF I'm able to promote soon then I'm in even better shape (regarding the economy)...
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 13:59   #14
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm only lacking defense, but hey, who needs defense when you have, well, eh, a lot of high salary players? Nah. I pay a lot, but I only buy older players. My wingbacks are younger, because they're getting training. So I think that's why my defense sucks
Old 26-05-2009, 19:11   #15
BCLG100
Deity

The oldest player in my squad is 26 iirc, i like having the younger players as it does mean i can sell them on for more or keep them for longer.

Also due to the way i've trained and only been training PM for a season most of my attackers are still from my past training. My defence does suck balls though- keepers are so expensive!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote