Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 17-09-2008, 16:34   #61
Shabbaman
Administrator

Chances are you probably missed this page. Now, I hope I don't jinx the process by starting this premature thread, but I think we can use this transition to shake things up a bit. Therefore this

I'm not exactly sure what can be done easily with vB, but I do know about everything can be done. A lot of the things mentioned here can wait I guess. Is there anyone here that knows a lot about vB/has the skills to do a lot with vB/wants to learn a lot about vB? Because I doubt I am that guy, and the other admins are pretty busy. Now, the main reason for the transition to vB is to get rid of the spambots, and to open registration again (finally). After that, IMO we need to attract some new members. Hopefully colonization2 can help us here. I'm pretty excited about that game, and I'm planning on making some walkthroughs for it. One thing we could consider at this point is what forum categories we want on the new site.

At the moment only a limited number of fora generate some traffic. I think we could do with a single civ3, civ4, opponent finding/mapmaking forum. Col2 might need it's own forum. As for other games, hattrick is still pretty big, and other other games is a personal favorite (only because of the name). A site feedback forum seems obvious, and so does Off Topic. Especially the OT should generate more traffic. How come we have a site full of spammers with so little off topic spam? And then we have the spoiler fora. These are CDZ's main attraction, and we can't do without them! I'm not sure how the mod rights work in vB though.

Anyway, I would also take this opportunity to see who wants to mod. With so few new members there's very little modding to be done, but I don't want to put my name next to every forum name. ATM there are a lot of moderators (the hattrick forum has 5, and I removed some that hadn't been here for over 2 years...), but almost none of them really had to do any modding recently. I'd like to have this organized properly, and that everyone knows what his tasks are and who to get to if there is something that has to be done. Feel free to nominate yourself or somebody else.
Old 17-09-2008, 16:41   #62
mauer
King

I'd be willing to help, but warn not to give me too much power. Everyone knows what happens when conservatives get too much power.....nations get toppled.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 18:05   #63
BCLG100
Deity

i check in too many times a day and read every post even if i'm not actually interested at all.

so yeah i'll mod.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 19:16   #64
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mauer

I'd be willing to help, but warn not to give me too much power. Everyone knows what happens when conservatives get too much power.....nations get toppled.
We'll put you in charge of the naked supermarket chicks section
Old 17-09-2008, 19:21   #65
mauer
King

I'm pretty sure my wife has some sort of internet blocker on here for that.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 19:32   #66
socralynnek

I could mod as well...I read CDZ quite often...
Old 17-09-2008, 19:52   #67
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

I used to run a tiny vB forum, so I think I can handle that OK. Spare time is rare, but as I said before I'll do what I can
Old 17-09-2008, 19:54   #68
grahamiam
Emperor

will work for booze
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 20:08   #69
Darkness

I usually visit at least twice a day, so I could mod some too...
Old 18-09-2008, 00:43   #70
Robboo
King

I am a mod here...http://www.bayoubengals.com/forums/index.php Run on vB.

Based my experiences you should have no problem setting up a mod for each spoiler forum. We still get hit with spammers but they are usually real people and not computers.

I am on here basically twice a day and read eveything. So I am willing to help. In addition, the guys who runs parent site are pretty good vB hackers, they may be of assistance if we need to hack anything in. ex they put a hide the avatars/picture button on one forum to prevent you from opening something bad at work.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote