Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > SGOTM 6
Home

Old 04-03-2005, 09:20   #201
col
King

Having seen some of the evidence, I'm sure they did the right thing.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:23   #202
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Quote:
BTW, take a look at this GOTM spoiler by Randy, what do you think?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...6&page=5&pp=20

To me looks like a new Ribannah scandal is going to emerge. SirPleb is really unhappy with this kind of stuff and mods did not dare to edit his post:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...6&page=1&pp=20 see post number 12.
Looks like Randy fucked up. He is not in the GOTM results and deleted all his posts about that GOTM on around March 1st. Don't know what it was, probably reloading. At least the guy had some sense in him and did not start the argument with Ainwood. May be it was but by pm though. So, watch out for Randy.
Yeah, I noticed that too. PMed Ainwood about it, but there won't be a "cracker-style" announcement like with the Ribannah issue. They'll want to keep it as low-profile as possible, which is logical IMHO...

@Akots: Nice, fifth place!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:35   #203
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

@Darkness: Well, you don't play GOTM and I don't have time to play both COTM and GOTM. But I like the GOTM more hence playing it mostly. I've played the vikings COTM9 game to the end of Middle Ages only, read the spoilers and decided to abandon it. I was too far behind and only 3 hours left to the deadline...

I still cannot grasp what I'm doing wrong in the C3C games. Not that I screw them completely, just cannot compete with you and other stronger players there yet. Need more experience apparently and different style of play with higher emphasis on research and military and less on land-grabbing. Old habits are difficult to abandon.

But your performance in COTM is very strong!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:50   #204
Darkness

Quote:

@Darkness: Well, you don't play GOTM and I don't have time to play both COTM and GOTM. But I like the GOTM more hence playing it mostly. I've played the vikings COTM9 game to the end of Middle Ages only, read the spoilers and decided to abandon it. I was too far behind and only 3 hours left to the deadline...

I still cannot grasp what I'm doing wrong in the C3C games. Not that I screw them completely, just cannot compete with you and other stronger players there yet. Need more experience apparently and different style of play with higher emphasis on research and military and less on land-grabbing. Old habits are difficult to abandon.

But your performance in COTM is very strong!
I have the same time problem, only I play the COTM instead of the GOTM.

How come you reached the end of the MA? It's a Vikings game and we're alone on an island so all you need are techs until navigation and invention (possibly MT, if you want cavalries). Or were you aming for a peaceful win?

My performance in the COTM so far has been OK, thanks, but I've been mostly playing for score (with the exception of COTM2). I'm thinking about going for fastest finish awards now. Maybe culture in COTM10 (Mongols with a horrible first 21 tiles)... Should be fun.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:02   #205
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness
... Or were you aming for a peaceful win? ...
Indeed, I was going for space and built Libraries and Universities throughout the tiny chunk of land we got from Renata. Steam Power was OK in 4 turns but then starting from Electricity/Steel, it jumped up to 6 turns and there was no way to get anything faster no matter what I tried. Was looking forward to finish around 1600AD at most. I then read that other players going for space got lots of AI lands and cities and used scientists to speed the things up which I was not able to do building too few ships and units. Besides, it was too late.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:19   #206
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

KR writes
Quote:
quote:lelijke Heks Founded somewhere unimportant.
lol, so your mother in law was visiting I see.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:46   #207
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:

@Killer: It might be you had problems because you played with a copy of C3C without downloading the SCOTM package. Please check this and then it is your turn.
that's not it - someone some DLLs are shot - must be from uninstalling and installing various work related programs. C3C doesn't do ANYTHING anymore.
Old 04-03-2005, 13:54   #208
anarres
anarchist butcher

akots, just as a general hint: nearly EVERY type of win is best done with a standard "take over the world" attitude. Space Race maybe you want to leave the big civs so they can research for you (or provide you with their GPT but that is often not as good), but still you must kill everythign near you so you can have a "maximised" area.

Any game you don't do this you can't expect to compete with those who do.

In relation to this game I am worried that we are not building markets in our core, since in the long run this would provide a significant boost to our economy. The game isn't ending soon so why stop building our empire?
Old 04-03-2005, 14:17   #209
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

@Anarres: OUR game is not ending soon... I'm not so sure about the other teams.

Specifics of this game demand little cash. We care neither for researching nor for paying upkeep and we have enough units to take over the world with what we have if we do it fast enough. What we do care is about food and land and happiness so that we can whip and enough workers so that we can irrigate all around. We would be better off with happiness if we have more luxuries. I just fail to see how markets can help with anything of this. What would we make is these big cities? Workers? OK, may be universities.
Old 04-03-2005, 14:57   #210
anarres
anarchist butcher

Cash can pay for upgrades (still not exactly cheap) and also for buying our way to education and beyond. Also in lux deals and MA's and other diplo stuff.

Cash can usually be used for something. My point is that 100 shields now may give us more in cash than 100 shields used on 2 GS's (although I hope we are not actually building any GS's directly!!!!!!!)