Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 20-11-2006, 06:02   #11
Robboo
King

whooohoooo...My winger got leading scorer. Scored 2 today to tie for the title. I finished 4th and have been turning a decent profit. More importantly...My training has been going well and i should be selling a bunch of guys at the start of next season.

I will be investing in the Youth squad starting this week.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 08:19   #12
Aggie
Emperor

I won my last game 5-0 and end the season with 40 points. The draw of last week was my only point loss. Gerard Kerdijk became my top scorer with 16 goals, of which 12 where scored in the first half of the season.

Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 08:54   #13
Kingreno

I won!! 0-1. away!!

However, my direct opponent (a bot with 5 star players...) also won 3-1 and so I end 7th this year.
Old 20-11-2006, 10:47   #14
Melifluous
Administrator

I lost 1-0 playing away.

However 7th place dude lost 5-0 and therefore I keep my 6th spot.

Qualifier to stay up

Tempted to lose cos this league is a little dull

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 10:52   #15
socralynnek

Won 8-0. Vs a bot.

Still the matchday was interesting as everytime I looked, a different team was standing on place 1, finally the one that won last season as well made it again.

Became 3rd s.t. I can start with a home match which is a derby anyways.
Old 20-11-2006, 11:18   #16
tofra

I lost with 4-0, but with this score I will stay in the 7th division!! Another weird this is that my supporters are Furious (?!) and the sponsers are High on Life... Didn't see that opposite difference before... (also it's the first time that 2 supporters left the club).. Which is strange because I stay in the same league....
tofra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 12:27   #17
Tubby Rower

I won a tight one 2-3. with the loss of last season's 2nd place, that boosted me to 3rd for my 2nd season in a row. I came a few goals short of the top scorer.

@ tofra, supporters are mainly based off of your recent performance and the sponsors are based mainly off of how many spokesmen you have. Also, iirc, there is a max supporter limit for each supporter mood in each division. Apparently you've gone over the limit for Furious in the 7th division. That means that you'll likely be losing supporters during the whole off-season
Old 20-11-2006, 12:58   #18
Mistfit
King

I played to a 1-1 draw to keep from haveing to play a Q match. I ended taking 4th.
Old 20-11-2006, 13:02   #19
Tubby Rower

I would have thought that a Q-match would have been more money (gate receipts + training) , but riskier since you stand a chance to lose
Old 20-11-2006, 13:31   #20
Kemal

Last night was just totally unreal, just can't find any other words for it...

Snaken actually became champions of the Dutch V.89 yesterday, take a look at the final standing:

14.42KB

The previous number one sold a magical playmaker this week for only 500K which was too small an amount to save him from going bankrupt this exact sunday, resulting in a 5-0 WO loss for him.

This resulted in me and Belisa being able to grab the lead by winning with at least a 2 goal margin, and Belisa being able to overtake me if winning with at least 3 more goals vs a team that already was preparing for a relegation playoff.

After going behind 2 goals to 0 in the first 35 minutes, the 2nd half completely turned the match around, with Snaken suddenly leading 5-2 and all chances being reported at 5-3 with 7 minutes to go.

In the meantime, Belisa was leading kiwi's 1-3 with 3 chances unreported, and if all those went to Belisa it could still end up 1-6 meaning a coin flip for the title. In the 89th minute, the score was 1-4... in the 90th minute, the score went to 1-5... then the Snaken manager nearly fainted, until the much needed "finished" appeared and when the dust settled, a 1 goal margin was left of Snaken's lead, just enough for mass celebrations to start!

No chance in the qualifier I fear, but this result is just... well, amazing! Long live the 13-0 vs the bot Anarkhein 2 weeks ago!

Quote:
quote:
Clouds darkened the skies at FC De Snaken Arena as 48000 spectators turned up for the match. Snaken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Starters: Mi#322;ek - Suárez, Balyon, Broertjes - Dias, Farenhout, Veraar, Castro, Geiger - Billand, Kronskär.

Sjarels tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Frick - Baker, Vilamajor, Mĺnsson - Heckmann, Knoester, van Commenee, Vente, Alfonso - Strube, Wilkinson.

Snaken used their ability to concentrate their attacks in the middle of the pitch, rather than on the wings. Slack defending gave Snaken a chance to take the lead in the 30th minute, but Peter Billand's cross from the left flank was fumbled in front of the goal and easily dealt with by the opposition. Snaken made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in on the right hand side left Rinus Veraar completely alone with keeper Remco Karl Frick, who made a spectacular block. The visiting Lester Wilkinson was booed thoroughly by the home crowd in the 36th minute, after he broke through the middle and scored, resulting in the visitors taking the lead. 0 - 1 was the score. The visitors' Clifford Baker took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side's goalie and central backs in the 37th minute. 0 - 2 for Sjarels. Ciro Castro of Snaken was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. A well placed corner kick from Agapito Suárez was followed by Per Kronskär's hard but accurate header. The nice combination marked a goal for Snaken, the score now 1-2. After 44 minutes, Peter Billand got through on the right and was very close to equalising for the home side, but didn't get the shot away. Halftime score was 1 - 2. This half belonged to Snaken, who controlled the ball 61 percent of the time.

After 47 minutes of play, Hans-Frits Farenhout evened things up for Snaken with an impressive goal coming up the middle. 2 - 2. Agapito Suárez gave Snaken the lead with 3 - 2 on a beautiful free kick in the 56th minute. In the 63rd minute of the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as Agapito Suárez dashed through, knocking home 4 - 2 for Snaken. After this, Snaken lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Humberto Dias gave Snaken supporters even more to cheer about when he increased the lead to 5 - 2 after 78 minutes, following a good exchange of passes on the right that the away team failed to deal with. A bit later, Sjarels's Mark Knoester easily reduced to 5 - 3 after a misunderstanding in the home side's central defense line. Snaken's Johann Geiger was shown a yellow card for standing over the ball and blocking an opponent's quick freekick in the 87th minute. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Snaken player was Per Kronskär. Toni Broertjes on the other hand, had a terrible day. Sjarels's top performer was clearly Mark Knoester. However, Clifford Baker made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 5 - 3.

Congrats to all other champions as well here at CDZ, of course! Well done!