Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 17-05-2005, 16:47   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

A rather good starting squad indeed.

You don't need to win the friendlies. League games may be worth trying to win sometimes but not at the expense of training.

Also, seems better to just train stamina indeed for a couple of weeks. The form would be terrible anyhow after the interseasonal break. Seems that you need to fire only 4 players. I've had to fire 10 almost instantly.

With the starting money you can buy a new coach (after the next season starts) with solid skill and poor leadership and 2 more scoring trainees. 18-19-year-old with passable scoring and weak/inadequate passing for about 10-15K each also after the next season starts.
Old 17-05-2005, 17:19   #12
Kemal

Indeed you need a goalie, as Plux said, but you can already get a passable with some experience for about 20-30K, so that's easily fixed.

As for training stamina, since midfield is the most important factor to win games, and for midfielders to perform well they need at least solid stamina, you either need to buy yourself good stamina midfielders, or train them to it. If you decide to train for say 4-5 weeks, I'd heavily recommend to put cash into the stamina gambit since that means very easy profit early on, and stamina training requires no good coach, you can get him from your training profits after say 4-5 weeks.

Downside is that you will probably not promote this first season, however the squad you will end up with will easily achieve promotion the season after then, I think. For more info on the stamina gambit, look up yndy's team on hattrick and visit his club page, there is a link there with some detailed info on how the stamina gambit works. Again, I can really recommend it for newcomers, my team was an absolute disaster when starting out, and it really helped me get good results in the 2nd season.
Old 17-05-2005, 17:30   #13
socralynnek

You should play 3-4-3 in your friendly today. (Chose additional forward in the options of a defender)
By that way, your players will be less irritated if you play 3-4-3 in your cup match next week and in the league ( I guess you should be in the cup). Since you will train forwards you always want to play with three (so, best is either 3-4-3 or 4-3-3, 2-5-3 only in exceptional cases).
Old 17-05-2005, 18:27   #14
Dell19
King

You should be able to pick up some cheap 17 or 18 year old forwards at the moment who have passable scoring and a bit of passing or a specialty.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 18:28   #15
socralynnek

Very interesting.
Your cup match is announced on your matches site, but not for next wekk, but for today...should be a bug, but I guess you will play against that team next week.
My cup match is also running now...LOL...
Good that I have set a standard line-up
Old 17-05-2005, 18:31   #16
socralynnek

For those of you that don't believe me that Grünclub is playing two matches now:

81.9KB
Old 17-05-2005, 18:32   #17
Dell19
King

All the cup matches can be calculated after the last game of the season. I'm playing Giant Gnomes. Not sure what you mean by running now?

The cup game is running but not displaying any match events. Might need to inform the German GM.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 18:45   #18
socralynnek

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

All the cup matches can be calculated after the last game of the season. I'm playing Giant Gnomes. Not sure what you mean by running now?

The cup game is running but not displaying any match events. Might need to inform the German GM.
They know it by now, there is athread on the conferences with 85 posts in 30 minutes...
I am curious, how long they will take to get the matches off the database and at the right time...
Old 17-05-2005, 19:34   #19
grs
The Nameless One

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

They know it by now, there is athread on the conferences with 85 posts in 30 minutes...
I am curious, how long they will take to get the matches off the database and at the right time...
Seems like a big fuss about nothing. Since the Live-log doesn't update, the cup matches will be reset before next week.
Old 17-05-2005, 19:55   #20
grs
The Nameless One

Grünclub - BFC De-Luxe 2 - 5
Date: 17.05.2005 at 18:00
MatchID: 39869269
Arena: Grünclub Arena
Crowd: 91 (good I increased my arena's capacity )

HIGHLIGHTS

0-1 Marco Arm (5)
1-1 Klaus Bostelmann (7)
1-2 Bernd Kuhi (22)
1-3 Wolfgang Baron von Reichenbach (48)
1-4 Marco Arm (61)
2-4 Christoffer Saucken (62)
2-5 Baltram Hessl (81)

(Y) Arne Kirste (33)
(Y) Marcus Wachtler (86)

+ one of my better players injured for 2 weeks.