Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 07-08-2006, 22:26   #11
Kemal

@arne: I know he's quitting, but I kinda fear these divines will be stuck in a standard-lineup for at least half a season... but at least he is selling most other player now. Plus, I just managed to get the Belgian national coach to start a procedure to put his divine PM (Belgian international) on the TL.
Old 08-08-2006, 00:46   #12
Melifluous
Administrator

So I had to play a qualifying match to stay in the division.

Both the bot teams auto-relegated mainly due to me throwing a match against a team that might have had trouble.

An Epic Match Ensued!

Quote:
quote:
The 21798 spectators at Meli's Manglers Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Robinson - Hoff, Carrol, Denise - Quigley-Parks, Carroll, Sprengen, Mottram, Haugstad - Corrales Ortega, Menon.

A 3-4-3 alignment was the formation of choice for reserves. The following players took the field: Ricaurte - Rossy, Carson, Carnegie - Stoenescu, Klešnik, Gunay, Barciela - MacRankin, Clarke, Tonon.

reserves clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could. The 7th minute saw a great chance for Manglers to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Albert Hoff alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. reserves's Callum MacRankin was shown a yellow card after 10 minutes for slicing down an opponent. Manglers's Rick Sprengen was shown a yellow card after 19 minutes for slicing down an opponent. A loud groan was heard from the fans of reserves, as Callum MacRankin left the pitch in too much pain to finish the match. Gregor Racine took his place on the field. Many thought Chinnakannu Menon ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 21st minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors' keeper Carlos Hernán Ricaurte. The 25th minute saw a great chance for Manglers to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. In the game's 33rd minute Manglers's Matthew Robinson limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. After 37 minutes, Manglers raised their score by one when Andy Quigley-Parks's dangerous low cross was cleverly tucked in at the near post by Nils Haugstad. 1 - 0. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 81 percent possession of the ball.

Manglers put in a good effort on the right, but Rick Sprengen saw his volley fly wide of the mark in the 49th minute. Roddy Carroll of Manglers was booked for kicking the ball away after the whistle. Many in the crowd felt the referee was being too lenient when he only showed Manglers's Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega a yellow card after a mistimed challenge from behind in the 74th minute. Stephen Mottram wasn't much help defensively. His energy-consuming forward pulls proved quite costly in the oppressive heat. reserves caught their opponents out with a clever counterattack down the right wing in the 84th minute. Gregor Racine was able to finish off the move - 1 - 1. In the 85th minute, Manglers's Albert Hoff received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. This half belonged to Manglers, who controlled the ball 84 percent of the time.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. Manglers were awarded a penalty in the 106th minute of play, but Bill Carrol's shot skimmed just wide. There was still no winner after 30 minutes of extra time so the teams had to select a lineup for a penalty contest to settle the result.

Manglers's Bill Carrol hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 1. reserves's Frano Klešnik coolly put the ball past Matthew Robinson. 1 - 2. Manglers's Andy Quigley-Parks was relaxed as he smoothly put the ball in the net. 2 - 2! reserves's Jonathan Carnegie didn't hesitate but Matthew Robinson managed the save, resulting in an unchanged 2 - 2 score. Manglers's Roddy Carroll made no mistake. Carlos Hernán Ricaurte didn't have a chance. 3 - 2. reserves's Kurt Carson drove the ball hard to the corner but couldn't get it past a stretched out Matthew Robinson. The score remains 3 - 2. The crowd was awed by Rick Sprengen's finely placed shot for Manglers making it 4 - 2. reserves's Carlos Hernán Ricaurte cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn't produce a goal. Manglers's Stephen Mottram made no mistake. Carlos Hernán Ricaurte didn't have a chance. 5 - 2. Overwhelmed by the pressure, reserves's Simon Clarke put the ball right into the waiting arms of Matthew Robinson. The scores stays 5 - 2.

Most important Manglers player was Rick Sprengen.However, Bill Carrol made a disastrous appearance. reserves's best player was Joche Gunay. On the other hand, Gregor Racine's play was disheartening. The match ends 5 - 2.
Always nice when the part of my team I hadn't set (the penalty takers) win the match for me

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:40   #13
Tubby Rower

woo hoo a shootout. it looks like the other guy didn't set his up either []
Old 08-08-2006, 14:37   #14
yndy
Prince

I won my qualifier 3-1. Makes me feel happy I stay another season in V.
Old 15-08-2006, 00:13   #15
Darth Pugwash
Warlord

I lost my qualifier 5-4, so another season in VI for me.
Darth Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote