Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   SGOTM 6 (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   SGOTM6 - Screenshots and Turnlogs (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2292)

anarres 09-02-2005 14:56

Here in body but not in spirit! I can read some at work in my lunch, but tbh I can't do enough without internet at home.

Later tonight I will either be online and playing this, or offline and firebombing my local ntl offices...

Kingreno 09-02-2005 14:59

Well played Mel. Great pics too! ;)

Anarres! How's life without poker??[:o]

anarres 09-02-2005 15:38

Much poorer than it was with poker... [sad]

Melifluous 09-02-2005 16:01

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Now I think if I got this right, without any more mining Para will make 6 spt at size 4, and 7 spt at size 5. So does that mean 2x6 + 2 (for the expansion forest) and then 2x7 + 2 (also for forest) which would be 30 shields in 4 turns?
Now I need someone with better experience than I to answer this one.

Any takers?

Melifluous

Melifluous 09-02-2005 16:09

Damn cheese heads...

Found out myself from the CFC War Academy...

Quote:

quote:Requirements for a 4 turn settler factory

For a 4 turn settler factory you need 6 production after waste at your starting population while working all the bonus food and 7 at one higher than your starting population. This assumes that you have a spare forest or other 2 shield producing somewhere. Your shields will then be 6 on the first turn, 6 on the second turn, plus the extra 2 from the newly produced citizen, 7 on the third turn, and 7 plus 2 on the final turn.
Settler factory is up!

Remains of the turn on wealth and then its a settler every 4 turns thereafter. That means 2 settlers to play with in anarres' turn!

Woot!

akots 09-02-2005 18:19

Since there is a time limit to the game and it is expected to be rather long one, this game has to move regardless of poker or broadband presence in Anarres' house. I'll grab it then and col plays after hopefully before the weekend (??) and Anarres/Killer can have a weekend enjoyment with it hopefully with internet access fixed and CFC bans lifted off.

@Meli: Can you please post a screenie with a few tiles around the start and discuss the city placements since 2 settlers will be due? Do we go for food or for luxuries? For workers or for warriors? For hills (shields) or for rivers (trade). IMHO, farmers gambit seems like a sure bet but apparently we need to explore a little more. (??) I have not yet looked at the save and have no idea but will play today at night in any case unless Anarres will which seems a rather unlikely possibility.

col 09-02-2005 18:26

I can play tomorrow. I think a dot map is needed.

anarres 09-02-2005 18:32

Definitely go ahead, the ntl sage goes from worse to.. even worse. [mad]

No internet until fri it looks like now...

Melifluous 09-02-2005 19:03

As requested the entire map! In zoomed mode then resized to twice the size.
So dont blame me if its big (wide)

CENSORED :D

Melifluous

PS. Meant to do this earlier, damn work getting in the way earlier.

akots 09-02-2005 20:42

May be worth going for the second wheat and second game which comes to coastal
plains in the north and coastal tundra or hill on the river in the south?
Or go west to mountains/silks?

Trying to flip Kagoshima seems tempting as well.