Civ Duel Zone

Civ Duel Zone (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/index.php)
-   SGOTM 6 (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   SGOTM6 - Screenshots and Turnlogs (http://www.civduelzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2292)

Kingreno 16-02-2005 22:15

1250BC:

Eindhoven switches to granary...that was supposed to be there a lot earlier.
Colopolis, Colville and Bastard also switch to granary.
Arse to temple fopr cultural expansion towards china.
2 warriors in Orenburg are idle. 2 move to future setlespots for barbcampprevention. 1 to arse to reinforce the frontline. 1 is mp.
Micromanage the new granary producing cities to get more shields to finish the grany before growth. The setler goes to the dies as I read somewhere that we wanted that.

IT: 4 chinese units (spear, 3 war) approach arse...

1225BC: Orenburg builds war, start another one. easternmost curragh spots purple border!

IT: Our regular fortified warrior on a hill defeats archer and warrior of china without even a scratch. he is promoted to veteran! 1 more spear gets towards arse. 3 warriors line up next to it, the chinese spear goes to a mountain.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...ge of arse.jpg
49.79KB

1200BC: I now have 4 warriors in arse, 3 are fortified. I make no peace as we need one more turn of warhapiness. The purple border belongs to the Iroquois.
Setler goes to dyes, connected in one turn. MM all cities so it is all nice.:D

IT:
-Our vet warrior Loses from reg warrior in arse. -1 hp
-Our reg war defeats reg archer near Canton, promo to vet, -2h.
-Our vet war defeats reg war in arse, -2hp

1175BC: I make peace with Mao, and we gain the city of Tientsin in the process. Nice, since he will not do it for tientsin AND ONE gold. LOL. I take it since we are building setlers and temples so our mili will not be stronger to his next turn. :D

Mongols have Poly, Carthage has MM. I refuse to trade as prices are too high. Curraghs need to meet some one soon

As we lose warhapiness with China, the perfectly timed city of Cameltopolis is founded on the dyes, keeping tax at 100%.

IT: Chinese units leave our lands.

1150BC: paramaribo builds setler, more ordered.

I whipp in a temple in Klei Mi Am mors[whipped]

IT: ---

1125BC: Klei builds temple, to rax.

finaly some trades.

Give HBR and math to China for MM and 1 gold.
Mongols want 500 gold, Math and MM for Poly...combined other civs have 130 gold so I see no deal yet.

IT: Mongols and China move units towards Mountainious area, there will be barbs there. We shoudl investigate and see if we can snatch teh 25g.

1100BC: I Found the city Up Yours, 3 tiles NE of Paramaribo, the cow is now finaly used. I set to temple to flip Kago. or so.

Mongolds learned Math and MM. somehow. Japs wanna talk peace, for 2 gold. no thanx, togu, I'll keep the WH.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...9_1100area.jpg
97.06KB

As can be seen most granaries are nearly finished. Also, I will whipp a temple in Spice as it has no grass to use now, and because we can in 3 turns.

IT: Rien...

1075 bc: Orenburg warrior, it is now size 5 and I decide a temple is okay now.

IT: a Jap galley comes out of Kagoshima, no units landed on our side, my guess is it will head to Spice, unless it has a setler.

1050 BC:
-Paramaribo setler, again.
-Colville Granary, setler
-Bastard Granary, setler

-Paris, France, builds the Pyramids.:(
-Orleans, France, builds the Oracle.[:o]
-Beijing, China, builds the MoM...................[aargh]

I move units arround. Decide no peace with Japs yet.

IT: Japanese galley lands no units.

1025BC:
-Colopolis Granary, harbour. we need one for trading some day, and colville is using the game anyways now.

I move units, mainly warriors to tactical positions if the Japs land. Workers are done near Colville and Colopolis and head to road towards the Spices. If we connect them before we make peace with Japan we should be able to maintain 100% tax.

IT: Damn, Japanese Swordsman lands near our Dyescity...gotta make peace this turn.

1000BC: Make peace with japan for 20 gold. better then lose a city on our only dyes...I feel I defended well since usually the AI lands a warrior, not a swordsman. I could have taken a warrior.[blush2]

I whipp in a temple at spice and found a city called Giant Hooters.

Lux to 10%.

All cities are timed very nicely for their builds! I suggest to take a very close look at the MM as this dense build has many, many possibilities. On important cities some info:

Paramaribo: setler fac. needs 16 shields for setler in 2. get 7 spt. will use forrest on growth for total of 16.
Eindhoven: Granary in one! after that setler/worker
Colopolis: Harbor in 6, has no growth now. since it is on a river and has a granary it will grow large fast. let it finish harbor and then grow.
Colville: Made it a 4-turn-setler fac! setler in 2 including shields from growth.[cool]
Orenburg: Temple in 2. I suggest we finish that. after that warriors.
Bastard. Let it finish the setler and after that it is a 2-turn worker fac at size 6![cool]
Arse: baracks and units.

Rest: whipp in temple, baracks when possible/desirable.

Workers, road towards the Spices! Then improve as needed.

Scouting: The curraghs are trying.

Sneaking thought: Build a galley and open the hut on the island in the south as soon as we can only get currence/construction as techs! we may get very lucky.[evil]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...1_1000BCmm.jpg
5.51KB

I will upload the save at CFC.

Melifluous 16-02-2005 22:56

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by col

When did Japan declare ?? Did I miss that?
It was here as Killer so eloquently put it.

Quote:

quote:(8) Japan wants 58 Gold. We can war happiness.
I guess they demanded and Killer gave them the old English salute!

Melifluous

akots 16-02-2005 23:36

That looks good. There is so much land to settle! Lets live in peace with the AI and make love and produce more baby-settlers and baby-workers! Let's breed!

Did we get the Forbidden Palace message? May be time to start it and then got to Golden Age immediately after it has finished? OCN should be around 20 according to mad-bax...

Do we need a dot map? If yes, I can try to make one tonight.

It sure plays like a rather difficult DemiGod. And tech rate can be insane. Not a good thing at all and no wonders for us left apparently.

Melifluous 16-02-2005 23:42

I'm asking for a dot map.

Please akots.

I've posted my Got It at CFC, I see a nice growth spurt ahead of us, I'm still drooling over the 2x upgrade cost instead of 3x [fdevil]

Melifluous

Melifluous 16-02-2005 23:43

Also we have 13 cities, OCN is 20 IIRC.

Melifluous

akots 17-02-2005 00:16

The most important issue might be as to when we want to switch to ICS build. I'll run some calculations when I get home but does not seem that it will happen soon. IMO, a city like Klei will be rather productive with Forbidden Palace even in Despotism, it is only distance 8.5 from the capital and we have second ring missing because of Japan and sea to the east. Actually, not so many cities at 1000BC considering we had a settler factory. But hopefully with granaries we'll catch up soon.

Melifluous 17-02-2005 01:08

Quote:

quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

1175BC: I make peace with Mao, and we gain the city of Tientsin in the process. Nice, since he will not do it for tientsin AND ONE gold. LOL.
The AI will not EVER pay you to take their cities in C3C. Unless they are really really screwed.

Just like to show I'm reading ;)

Melifluous

akots 17-02-2005 05:24

I'm not sure everything is OK with this dotmap but the distance seems to be fine for corruption purposes. The cities on tundra however, are a bit too close to the capital so it might be building that many of them is not a good idea. I just hope we can get to Japan sooner or later and this would change a lot. Or that Kagoshima flips.

BTW, if anybody noticed, we can build SoZ not out of ivory but Celtic way, out of silk. [lol]

According to mad-bax, it should still produce AC, we can rename them to Geisha though. Seriously, should we build it or not?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/up...tmap1000BC.JPG
156.67 KB

anarres 17-02-2005 08:36

Please can we not build temples unless we need the border expansion!

Each temple is 3 warriors and that's 3 Gallic Swords!

I can't stress enough how little an extra 2 culture per turn will matter when the game is only a couple of hundred of turns long. You get 400 culture per temple throughout the life of the game maximum, maybe 600 with the older ones.

At the end of the game we will be getting over 1500 culture per turn.

Now tell me it's worth 30 shields now for a temple that will speed up our victory for 0.3 of a turn. [???]

anarres 17-02-2005 08:38

Guys, it is very important we stop building temples now unless we really need the borders.

I would prefer barracks/warriors in all cases, or workers if they are big enough.