PDA

View Full Version : New Civ maps available.

ProPain
01-12-2010, 08:44
It seems patching Civ V is gonna be more expensive than expected so Firaxis had to come up with a scheme to generate some cash flow. And what's more easy than to jump on the DLC bandwagon and release some new stuff for us to pay for.

So today the cradle of civilization map pack is released. For € 7.99 we can buy 4 new maps. Alternatively you can buy each map individually for € 2.99. Yes, that's right 2.99 for a mere map, no civ, no scenario, just a plain map. Imo this rather steep pricing for additional content that doesn't really bring that much new to the table. I'd say you better stick to your money and download a free user generated mod if you're looking for something new.

And for those of you who preordered: you got the mesopotamia map on release. So that's 7.99 for 3 maps instead of 4.

Shabbaman
01-12-2010, 09:16
And for those of you who preordered: you got the mesopotamia on release. So that's 7.99 for 3 maps instead of 4.

That's harsh. Still, if you get twenty hours of gameplay out of it, it's a lot cheaper than going to the cinema. They're not getting my money though: I don't like scenario's that much and I'd rather have an improved map generator and improved AI combat.

ProPain
01-12-2010, 09:42
And it isn't even a scenario, like the mongol scenario for example, it's just a plain map.

Which also makes it hard to copy protect I suppose. Once someone has the map you probably can easily copy it and play. The fact that it's loadable in the world builder makes this even more likely.

Shabbaman
01-12-2010, 09:59
Hm, I feel a batch of deodorant coming up...

ProPain
01-12-2010, 10:24
I don't think we even need deodorant, I suspect sticking them in the right directory will do the trick. Still I'm not gonna go overboard to get these through alternative channels. Usually these kind of maps have much more imbalanced starting positions anyway.

Furiey
01-12-2010, 11:33
For maps I'm not bothered. I went for the D2D pre-order so hopefull still have the first double civ dlc free, as long as they don't count this as that!

barbu1977
01-12-2010, 13:14
At that price they better be awsome.

Socrates
01-12-2010, 22:45
Firaxis is going down hill... [xx(]

akots
02-12-2010, 02:25
Just hope they don't get bankrupt before they patch the game to a playable level. Or hope they will release the code before going bankrupt so that Kael or some other modders can fix it themselves.