PDA

View Full Version : member (draft thread)

ERIKK
12-03-2003, 21:05
We need more members!

I suggest we start a media campaign! Let's hire some networks!

col
12-03-2003, 21:15
Meli and I had a discussion that maybe we should sign some folk up to reserve their handles.
I was tempted to sign in as Thunderfall or Aeson but thats not a great idea. Maybe certain names should be presigned in ....

ERIKK
12-03-2003, 21:26
Good point we can do that!

(They do that themselfs AFAIK, Chieftess has already done it! Otherwise we can simply "moderate" them... ;) )

col
12-03-2003, 21:35
It was very tempting to sign in as AoA and start to post a little in OT .....

anarres
12-03-2003, 21:53
I am tempted to say that you can only use your cfc nick to sign in, unless you are not registered there, or by special request (for someone who hates their cfc nick). What do people think?

Lt. Killer M
12-03-2003, 21:59
I think it would be grat idea to *ask* people to sign up with their CFC iD: I couldn't, for one, 's are not allowed :(

also, anarres could sign in all CFC mods, or make a 'cannoit be used' list of names of important CFC members. For that list I would suggest all CFC mods, the BIG modders and scenario makers and testers, like TETurkhan, warpstorm, Akka and many others.....

col
12-03-2003, 22:03
I* would suggest just the mods and active pbem players. We dont want to be seen as competing with CFC.

anarres
12-03-2003, 22:04
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M.

anarres could ... make a 'cannoit be used' list of names of important CFC members.Sounds good, I will look in to it

WildFire
13-03-2003, 13:11
You guys are putting the name of this site in like every post in the PBEM forum ;)

anarres
13-03-2003, 13:32
If someone can list the CFC mods and 'big names' I have found the filter list for new members, and can reserve them.

There is always the issue of what happens when a CFC person tries to register with their name and is told it is restricted. I will have to modify the asp code as well to give a message saying to email ProPain or myself to unrestrict it.

Lt. Killer M
13-03-2003, 13:36
Shaitan, warpstorm, Akka, hygro, gothmog, Eyrei - a few names for the list ;)

We should be carefull NOT to be seen as competing, but rather as an ADDITIONAL thing for CFC - thus, same handle makes sense ;)

ERIKK
13-03-2003, 13:52
Well, as nobody has seen messing around with names things are OK I guess... This is a forum for PBEM-hobbist. If yoiu start fooling around it will be noticed quickly enough. I am sure an admin can delete members!

anarres
13-03-2003, 14:49
I have the power [}:)]

Now where's my banning stick? [?]

jack merchant
11-04-2003, 02:11
consider me drafted :) and I thought of using my cfc nick here all by myself, too :p now I only need to start to make time for PBEMs...

Great site, Anarres, the air is somehow fresher round here !

Aggie
11-04-2003, 08:48
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant

consider me drafted :) and I thought of using my cfc nick here all by myself, too :p now I only need to start to make time for PBEMs...

Great site, Anarres, the air is somehow fresher round here !

Jack, welcome! Wanna play?

Lt. Killer M
11-04-2003, 09:07
jack! Hi!

I was just about to post a recruiting post in the CFC EB2 thread ;)

wanna get beaten into the dirt inn a 1 vs 1? ;)

j/k about the oputcome, but the offer to play is serious :p

jack merchant
11-04-2003, 12:47
Both offers accepted - now give me a day to find out how it works (and to play Hot3)

anarres
11-04-2003, 12:59
jack, add another to your list of offers. :)

Aggie
11-04-2003, 14:03
quote:Originally posted by jack merchant

Both offers accepted - now give me a day to find out how it works (and to play Hot3)

Jack, it's quite simple :) We first agree upon the rules and the game characteristics and then ask someone to make a map. It's nice if you have MSM or something, to make deals etc...

I've got a couple of ideas:
- I'd like to play emperor level
- We could agree upon not being the agressor vs the AI for a certain period (I found that it is too easy to kill the AI with two humans, ending up with 1 vs 1)
- We could even agree upon special rules, like honorable playing style, meaning that we are not allowed to start an agressive war, etc...

What's your idea?
By the way: I'm not too experienced myself. My 1st PBEM is vs ERIKK and I will be beat [sad]

jack merchant
11-04-2003, 14:19
All games for the ladder ? Looking at anarres vs ERIKK, I'm sure that would improve anarres's position [lol] However, I'm up for it !

I'll contact everyone via e-mail and stop hijacking the thread now [crazyeye]

my e-mail is jakobkramers@hotmail.com

anarres
11-04-2003, 14:25
jack, get msm! my msm address is civ3_AT_danwilliamson.net

Lt. Killer M
11-04-2003, 15:46
jack, my MSN: geology_henry@hotmail.com

or email me (in my sig)