PDA

View Full Version : College Football Smack talking

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 17:31
With the College Football season starting tonight, my weeks will get longer as I eagerly await each weekend to watch the games. Although I can't do as I did a few years ago and watch football from 12 noon to 1 am.

I doubt anyone but me will be posting here since most people reading this will be European and the remaining people will be interested in Pro Football only. But that's ok as I listen well to myself and rarely argue with myself.

Robboo
31-08-2006, 17:33
Clemson <s>sucks</s> could take it all this year

edited for accuracy [:p]

barbu1977
31-08-2006, 17:56
I think Laval will be again, this year, a chanlenger for the Vanier Cup, and Sherbrooke have another horrible season!

;)

killercane
31-08-2006, 17:58
Clemson does <s>suck</s> have a great chance to win it all, and I will be present when Cal goes down the tubes on Saturday.

edited content for accuracy[:p]

Robboo
31-08-2006, 18:11
hopefully this is something we all can agree on...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3480/deadhorn8on.gif
Texas and USC need to not be undefeated.

LSu will win the SEC. Notr Dame will have to lose as often as possible and Ohio state beats Texas.

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 18:22
I'm pretty certain neither will go undefeated. I can't think of a team right now that I would give even odds to going undefeated.

Whomp
31-08-2006, 22:17
Tennessee will get a severe dose of Cal Bear smackdown this weekend!

OK everyone join in

For the Arizona fight song...

Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, red and Blue
Bear Down, Arizona
Kick the shit out of ASU!
Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, Red and Blue
Go, go, Wildcats, go;
Arizona, Bear Down

All my friends can sing this with me now. You guys should practice.

sz_matyas
31-08-2006, 22:24
and Wisconsin will go undefeated in non-conference games, beating powerhouses such as Western Illinois and Buffalo. Big 10 season, that might be more shady especially with a new coach and no standout RB.

So my pick: Used car dealerships, with a little more crackdown by the NCAA they may turn a bigger profit this year

Robboo
31-08-2006, 22:35
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

OK everyone join in

Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, red and Blue
Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, Red and Blue
Go, go, Wildcats, go;
Arizona, Bear Down

September 9th your mildcats will feel whats its like to play in the REAL DEATH VALLEY.

Its on TV too...ESPN2..530pm. GEAUX TIGERS very small chance I will be there. :)

Whomp
31-08-2006, 23:02
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

OK everyone join in

Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, red and Blue
Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, Arizona
Bear Down, Red and Blue
Go, go, Wildcats, go;
Arizona, Bear Down

September 9th your mildcats will feel whats its like to play in the REAL DEATH VALLEY.

Its on TV too...ESPN2..530pm. GEAUX TIGERS very small chance I will be there. :)

We're improving but I'm not sure we can beat El Tigres.
quote:Originally posted by sz_matyas

and Wisconsin will go undefeated in non-conference games, beating powerhouses such as Western Illinois and Buffalo. Big 10 season, that might be more shady especially with a new coach and no standout RB.
I did a 2 story beer bong outside of Camp Randall. [beer1]

Robboo
01-09-2006, 01:07
Whomp..I am impressed you know your limitations...
I am going out on a limb here but of the teams mentioned..LSU will finish the highest of Wisconsin, Clemson and Arizona. I woudlnt be shocked to see them lose only one game...which game that is determines how high they will finsih and if they play for the championship.

bed_head7
01-09-2006, 01:28
I believe the Golden Bears were mentioned in this thread as well, Robboo.

Robboo
01-09-2006, 01:41
opps..yeah they wont finish above LSU either...[assw]

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 04:19
quote:REAL DEATH VALLEY. that hurt Rob.. That cut deep. I'm bleeding orange now :(

quote:I am going out on a limb here but of the teams mentioned..LSU will finish the highest of Wisconsin, Clemson and Arizona. Well if you play in a crappy league ... that will happen

Robboo
01-09-2006, 05:11
SEC crappy...Have you been trying to out drink BC tonight.

You do know that Clemson COPIED everything....mascot and stadium name from LSU. Simply pathtic that you bunch of rednecks couldnt come up with something more orginal. One thing going for you guys however...You dont yell "go cocks" at your football team. There is something slightly odd to see a high school or college age girl next to her father yelling in unison "GO Cocks" ...creeps me out.

/Did I ever tell you I worked at your in-state rival for 10 months. Loved the eye candy, hated my job.

killercane
01-09-2006, 06:15
Having been to Clemson, let me elaborate on its suckiness. Let me regale you on how you have to drive 40 miles or so to get liquor. Not to mention I have stories of their uncomely womenfolk, their penchant for stealing signals from other teams in bowl games, and their inability to play beer pong by normal rules and conventions.

*The bars in the middle of campus were pretty cool though.

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 12:50
@ Robbooo
quote:stadium name from LSU. What are you talking about?? we didn't steal it from you.. We got the name from a rock that was brought back from the actual Death Valley out west... Not LSU you crazy cajun
quote:/Did I ever tell you I worked at your in-state rival for 10 months.I knew there was something about you that I didn't like [:p]

@ Killercane
quote:Let me regale you on how you have to drive 40 miles or so to get liquor. Obviously you don't know how to navigate to the LOCAL liquor store. And yes South Carolina has blue laws... not Clemson's fault quote:Not to mention I have stories of their uncomely womenfolk, WHAT?!?!?!?? [confused] obviously you were hanging out at some other small town in S. Carolina
quote: their penchant for stealing signals from other teams in bowl games, it's not our fault that the other teams have to have so simple of a set of signals that they are that easily stolen.... either that or our football players are inexplicably intelligent puzzle solvers quote:and their inability to play beer pong by normal rules and conventions. I just drink the stuff man..

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 12:52
That bar on campus was 100 feet from the front door of my dorm. I had a personalized mug there I could get filled up for only $2. It was nice to not have too far to stumble to bed each night

Whomp
01-09-2006, 17:54
Now for the real College rankings. I must admit ever since my friends and I left Arizona we've fallen off in the rankings.

I can attest to the Fuck 'em Bucky's (sz matyas sweet avatar btw) can gig. I have also partied at UC Santa Barbara and it's a wonder how any student can graduate on the 6 year plan.

quote:When it's time to take a break from the books, the students at these colleges definitely know how to cut loose and let the good times roll. According to The Princeton Review's annual survey of 115,000 college students at the Best 361 Colleges, raising the roof is par for the course at these top ten party schools.

1. The University of Texas at Austin (Austin, Texas)
Hmm...Texas all hat and cattle it seems.

Everything is bigger in Texas, including the "huge" party scene at UT Austin. "From the Greek houses [and] off-campus houses" to the "football games and other sporting events," students say if "you are looking for a party there is likely one happening." Beyond campus is the capital of Texas, a city that "never sleeps. If you can't find anything to do in Austin, you're crazy."

2. Penn State-University Park (University Park, Pennsylvania)
of the Admiral Kutzov Nittanys! No wonder he requires beer.

"There is always something fun to do" at Penn State. Undergraduates report that "every night revolves around which fraternities are hosting parties, and which other organizations are invited that night." And if it's "football season the partying doesn't stop." The combination of great academics, great football, and great parties causes Penn State students to have "so much pride in [their] school it hurts."

3. West Virginia University (Morgantown, West Virginia)
Shocking! Must be the quality moonshine.

"There is a party every night at this school. It would be hard to get bored here unless you locked yourself in a room like a hermit." There are also plenty of alternatives to the traditional party scene: "You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do here; there are many other things to do besides drink, like the mall, movies, sports, clubs, and hanging out with friends, to name a few."

4. University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, Wisconsin)
Wisconsin breeds partying. Milwaukee is the U.S.'s drunkest city.

Badger athletics drive the party scene at UW. "Sports are insane here, and 'football Saturdays' rank among the best days of the year." As one student reports, "There's nothing like getting up at 9 AM to drink before an 11 AM football game. The streets are lined with parties and blasting music by early morning." When it comes to parties and academics, students say "this school is great for both."

5. University of Mississippi (University, Mississippi)
I'll defer to you southern folk on this one. Who goes to Mississippi?

Football and Greek life are "huge" at Ole Miss. In the fall, students tailgate at The Grove, "a social setting jam-packed with friends and families all bound by the same values of hospitality and friendship." When football season is over "[al]most all activities outside of class or studying are centered on Greek life." The mantra often repeated by students is: "We might not win every game, but Ole Miss has never lost a party."

6. Ohio University-Athens (Athens, Ohio)
I've been to THE Ohio State University and they partied pretty good. They try to get me to wear one of those poisonous nuts though. OU...hmm. Who knew?

Most students at OU "tend to be responsible partygoers," which means they "work hard" during the week and "party hard" on the weekends. OU social life revolves around the "19 bars along a two-block stretch of the main drag in town." Of course, you have to be 21 to get into a bar, so "for the first two years you're here, house parties rule." Whether they're partying off campus or hanging out in the dorms, OU students are always having "a rip-roaring good-time."

7. University of Massachusetts-Amherst (Amherst, Massachusetts)
A bunch of drunken Irishmen is my guess.

There is something for everyone at UMass. "You can choose to party every night, or to study." Most students choose to strike a balance and take advantage of the many entertainment options on and off campus. "Off-campus keg parties are huge," while nearby Northampton offers a music scene and quaint shops. The result is a "good social environment" for UMass's "fun-loving" students.

8. Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
Ba-tun Rooouge. Well look at Robboo. [:p]

LSU's student partygoers take football very seriously. "Tailgating before football games is as much a sport as the game itself. RVs pack the campus starting on Thursday before the game and stay for a day after." So what do students do when football season is over? "Greek life is very big on campus. The typical student is frat-tastic." Make no mistake though: "As much fun as we like to have, we [also] have an outstanding academic program."

9. University of Iowa (Iowa City, Iowa)
You'd party too if you were in Iowa City.

At UI, "If you want to get wild and crazy on the weekends, you can." Nearly everyone here is "football crazy," and tailgates and games are "must attend" events. Although partying is popular, "not everyone on this campus drinks." For abstaining students, "there are many residence hall-sponsored activities like swing dances, dorm parties, barbecues, tug-of-war. [The school] tries to do something every weekend." Hometown Iowa City also offers "many social activities, restaurants, and coffee shops geared toward college students."

10. University of California-Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, California)
Surf's up, brah!

UCSB's idyllic setting results in "a relaxed atmosphere, an ideal place in which [to] enjoy life." Enjoyment comes in many forms. "At night, one has many options. There is always the Isla Vista party scene. For the more subdued, there is the school theater and other special performances/guest lectures, night walks along the beach, and the ever-enchanting downtown Santa Barbara," where "shopping, clubs, and many good restaurants" abound.

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 18:04
West Virginia is not that surprising since they are the school that burns couches when they win. Figures that they are right in the middle of the top 5. UofT must need the alcohol to help the memories of late nights with Bessy the Cow.

Robboo
01-09-2006, 19:06
LSU LSU LSU....
A coach that played against LSu had a quote something like this...
"A saturday night in Baton Rouge..humid, the smell of freshly cut grass and the smell bourbon strognenough to giv eyou a buzz."

As someone who lives in Mississippi(for only 8 more weeks)...the only reason Ole Piss is on the list is you have to be a drunk to actually like them or want to live in this God forsaken arm pit of the USA, 3rd world country-like, stuck in the 1950s shit hole.

Do you think I am happy to be moving...:) OH and hows that for trash talking.

IF you ever get a chance..come on down adn watch a college game at LSU. IF you love college football this is one of the must see things. Peopel you dont know will feed you as you walk to teh game. Whether you are a LSU fan or a visitor..except for Florida, Auburn or Tulane, You wont leave the tailgating hungry nor with out at least one or two free drinks.

I am moving back to within 15-25 miles of the stadium..I am going to be one drunk SOB on Saturdays..

sz_matyas
01-09-2006, 21:38
Mistfit deserves the credit on the avatar.

I'm surprised at Wisconsin's ranking in the party schools. If they went on alcohol consumed, I figure we'd be easily top 1 or 2, but as far as non-sports parties it doesn't seem that outrageous. Maybe it's because I spend most of my time around engineers.

BTW the reason you get up at 9 and start drinking hard on football Sat. is so that you don't feel it when you've been standing outside in 40 deg. weather for the entire game. (Haven't done the 2 story beer bong, but have been to some wild tailgaiting, plus have season tickets for this year. Go Badgers!)

killercane
01-09-2006, 23:07

LSU LSU LSU....
As someone who lives in Mississippi(for only 8 more weeks)...the only reason Ole Piss is on the list is you have to be a drunk to actually like them or want to live in this God forsaken arm pit of the USA, 3rd world country-like, stuck in the 1950s shit hole.

One thing about Ole Miss though, 95% of their female undergrads are smoking hot. Only LSU and Florida come close imo.

Whomp
02-09-2006, 00:19
quote:Originally posted by killercane

LSU LSU LSU....

One thing about Ole Miss though, 95% of their female undergrads are smoking hot. Only LSU and Florida come close imo.

Ahem...Playboy's top 10. Why does Texas get it all?
1. University of Texas
2. Arizona State
3. UCLA
4. University of Florida
5. University of Arizona
6. Florida State
7. University of Alabama
8. University of Colorado
9. East Carolina
10. University of Georgia

Robboo
02-09-2006, 00:38

[/quote]

I read somewheres that they had one of the highest rates of STDs for universities. The MS State fans were absolutely loving it.

bed_head7
02-09-2006, 00:51

LSU LSU LSU....

Ahem...Playboy's top 10. Why does Texas get it all?
1. University of Texas
2. Arizona State
3. UCLA
4. University of Florida
5. University of Arizona
6. Florida State
7. University of Alabama
8. University of Colorado
9. East Carolina
10. University of Georgia

Except for UCLA, all of those schools are just full of white girls. Where is the fun in that?

Robboo
03-09-2006, 03:12
whats happeend to Cal. I guess my forgetting them was because the PAC10 cannot hang with the SEC. Honestly Tennessee was not as bad last year as their record indicated. The injuries and other problems was what caused them to lose 6 games.

bed_head7
03-09-2006, 03:55
I don't know what happened. That was certainly a bit of a surprise.

Robboo
03-09-2006, 03:58
Not to me....

Whomp
03-09-2006, 04:26
That was painful to watch.

Tubby Rower
03-09-2006, 04:32
Ga Tech is certainly giving Notre Dame all they can handle. It'll be interesting if they can hang on and upset ND as a #2 which I think is undeserved.

killercane
03-09-2006, 05:16
That was a good old fashioned Tennessee Ass Whuppin' they put on the Bears. Cal is a top 20 team maybe, but they were beaten in every facet of the game today. The Vols look strong, fast, and ready to lay another whipping in 2 weeks on Florida. The Bayou Bengals better watch out later this year too!!!!

I am really surprised Cutcliffe has made such a difference in Ainge and the offense in general. No bubble screens, no wasted plays, and really a fresh look to an old classic offense.

Robboo
03-09-2006, 05:21
I actually think LSu will lose one game and its either Tennesee or Auburn

grahamiam
03-09-2006, 05:46
go 'Cuse!

Well, maybe not. My team will suck balls again this year :(

romeothemonk
17-09-2006, 16:53
Hey my SDSM&T hardrockers have a winning season. We won our game for the year, now we are done.

BIG 10 UBER ALLES!!!

Lots of white girls make for very interesting parties. Unfortunately my school lacked girls of any kind.

bed_head7
18-09-2006, 01:23
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

Lots of white girls make for very interesting parties. Unfortunately my school lacked girls of any kind.

What it have to do with the girls being white?

Tubby Rower
18-09-2006, 12:35
I think that everyone can celebrate Notre Dame's loss. They are a bunch of arrogant jackasseseses

oh btw, Clemson won despite a wretched special teams performance. they should have won last week, so I guess it all evened out :)

Robboo
18-09-2006, 13:43
We are still in a the top 10 after getting hosed by the refs. Stupid blinds zebra's...I had 4 beers in about 30 minutes time..so I really didnt care.

/just finishing buying a house...and I was drinking away what was left of my savings.
//my future office at LSU......overlooks the football stadium as in..I could see most of the field from the window...now I just have to break on to the roof.

romeothemonk
18-09-2006, 14:03
Wow, trying to get back to the on-campus scene? I got so mad, I had to leave my campus.
I hate SEC football for the primary reason of the refs. I have yet to see a "marquee" SEC matchup where the winner didn't get copious help from the Ref's. The Ref's always seem to decide those SEC games. Plus you guys have more enthusiastic female fans, which makes some of us guys jealous.

I say this as I have now moved to near the middle of Cornhusker territory. I went to church yesterday and heard about the game in the sermon. People have giant huskers painted on their houses. Heaven help me if the Huskers are actually going to be good again.

@Bedhead, they appear to have more issues. I have noticed that they are far more interested in being paid attention to, and will do dang near anything to get attention or be "the best" at something. The lengths that they will go for attention makes for interesting parties. (although my sample size for observation has been very small) My favorite example is someone saying at a party, so and so has a nice body, and they will pose or something, then another girl saying that she can shake it better, and the situation escalates from there.
Take that observation with a grain of salt, as I really never went to wild parties and have only ever been with my wife, but it seems to be a fairly conclusive finding. My wife still does the one up man ship, but she never lets it get out of control. (in public :P)

Robboo
18-09-2006, 14:41
Romeo..I will update my forum with a what happening thread..but I am going back to be Dr. Robboo wetladn ecologist/restoration.

The refs should never be a part of who wins the game but they are a constant annoyance in 90% of the college football I watched this year. Oklahoma was also hosed this week on a stupid zebra trick. The coke bottle glasses blind SOBs should be fired if they screw up to cause a team to lose..especially now with review. one call is worth about a million or more in lost bowl revenue in the right game

bed_head7
19-09-2006, 00:50
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

@Bedhead, they appear to have more issues. I have noticed that they are far more interested in being paid attention to, and will do dang near anything to get attention or be "the best" at something. The lengths that they will go for attention makes for interesting parties. (although my sample size for observation has been very small) My favorite example is someone saying at a party, so and so has a nice body, and they will pose or something, then another girl saying that she can shake it better, and the situation escalates from there.
Take that observation with a grain of salt, as I really never went to wild parties and have only ever been with my wife, but it seems to be a fairly conclusive finding. My wife still does the one up man ship, but she never lets it get out of control. (in public :P)

I suppose that makes some sense, but you are still missing out on girls who come from families that recently immigrated. Usually meaning stricter parents, which then often leads to a revolt of sorts against that once they are free and on their own. But I mainly just enjoy having more variety to look at.

Whomp
19-09-2006, 02:13
Arizona beat Stephen F. Austin! [hyper]

BH--we had some pretty nice variety there.....from all over the country to boot!