game vs aggie small map monarch I'm china he's eygptians

here's the start. Quite pleased especially as Aggie's didn't look too good
Image Insert:

OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 12:28   #2
OPD

First build items were.
warrior, warrior, warrior, warrior, settler, granary

theres a cow to the right of the pic, the second city was built nearby. With the cow irrigated and a granary built that city would grow every 3 turns.
Old 05-07-2003, 15:26   #3
anarres
anarchist butcher

Is there any other bonus tiles witht he cow? With bonus grasslands and another bonus tile you can get a 4 turn settler factory.
Old 05-07-2003, 16:58   #4
OPD

Unfortunately there wasn't and I don't think I could have got the 8 sheilds per turn needed anyway. If I had moved my settler one to the right before building it would have been possible with the game tile in my capital but I don't like having my capital as a stlr pump.

Have just taken the russian capital. Will post more shots later.
Old 07-07-2003, 16:17   #5
OPD

here's a shot from 1475bc.
my second city is working a settler pump every 6 turns. Granaries were built there and in the capital very early on. Am quite happy with these 5 core cities am using RCP, each city being 3.5 from the capital and all producing 3 shields before any are lost to waste.
At this time I was build warriors for upgrade once I had iron. Was eventually able to upgrade 10 swords and go on a rampage.

74.14KB
Old 07-07-2003, 16:22   #6
OPD

here's a shot from 900bc all core cities have barracks and either temple or granary. have two settlers going south to secure luxuries and the city to the south east is set to pump workers eventually, probably for working but am also thinking about add to citys up to size 12 once I have luxs hooked up.

75.43KB
Old 07-07-2003, 16:31   #7
OPD

As soon as I had ten warriors and the gold I upgraded and went on the offensive. It put me a bit behind in tech but have since caught up.
The swords made easy work of the russians. The objective was to raze all their cities to give me room to expand into. I could have taken a few of them but I didn't want them to upset my city placement plans.

It was made easier by the fact that aggie was already at war with them and so all thier cities had been pop rushed. Although aggie does have a city quite close to my land now.

the plan now is to build two cities in old russian territory to block the south and then expand from the core outwards. Am going to bag some of that incense near aggie's city which will make 4 lux in total.

Am decided whether to take the last russian city or leave it as a GL farm for my elites. But will probably send some elites down to the Ironquios aswell.

Other than that am going to beeline for republic get core cities up to size 10+ then trigger GA and hope I can run away with it.

65.43KB
Old 07-07-2003, 17:01   #8
anarres
anarchist butcher

OPD, try reloading your image without spaces in the name.
Old 08-07-2003, 00:33   #9
OPD

or without a # in the name
Old 09-07-2003, 22:22   #10
OPD

I built 3 new cities in the area in the above pic and things were looking good.

Then aggie declared war and got both AI to join in. He razed the 3 new cities I'd built, (2 of them 1 turn before walls were to be completed.

I think I'd have the production edge to take him in a prolonged war but also I think I have more chance with peace. Republic is only 6 turns away. So we have agreed to a treaty after much wrangling I get some land but Aggie gets alot more and I don't get to use riders against him . We have a NAP untill Bachs is built and he gets a lux and chivalry. It is very much in his favour but I can't see myself doing any damage to his core whereas he is on my doorstep. And I prefer peaceful building to a war. Unless I'm the aggressor.