Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 18-10-2008, 06:59   #1
Robi D
King

Default **SPOILER** Cut the Crap

My first new game for a while

CDZ Cut the Crap

It is a Fractal Map that mauer made some slight edits to, to make sure the starts were not too uneven. Also to speed up the start we got 2 settlers, 2 warriors and a worker.

The players are.

1. Beam - Viking
2. IanDC - Inca
3. Plux - Ottoman
4. Matrix - Zulu
5. BCLG100 - Khmer
6. barbu1977 - Maya
7. Nitro - Mongolia
8. Robi D - India
9. socralynnek - Mali
10. akots - America
11. NHJ - Russia

City razing and tech trading is not allowed.

I was actually drawn to get America but Akots didn't want to play India again so soon after RtW2. Since i hadn't played with either for ages i offered a swap which he was happy to take. I figure that way i have a small favour up my sleeve for later on.

Yep, doing a bit of diplomacy already

Anyway here is my start.

As you can see a really nice start.
Founded Robigrad on the spot. I sent the fast work to pop the hut to the north, fingers crossed i don't get a horde of barbarians pop out of it.

The sight of gold to my south is too good to pass up, since it will give a nice boost to my early research rate. Going for an early religion, then wheel and pottery to take advantage of the flood plains. I will be looking to get a second worker built once Robigrad has grown.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2008, 17:50   #2
killercane
Prince

Why didnt you settle on PH west! You would have added the city bonus and another hill to a production machine. That capital will win you just about any war with heroic epic building a unit every turn.
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 13:09   #3
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercane View Post
Why didnt you settle on PH west! You would have added the city bonus and another hill to a production machine. That capital will win you just about any war with heroic epic building a unit every turn.
Didn't see what was behind the other hills until after i settled. The start looked good as it was.

Old 19-10-2008, 13:13   #4
Robi D
King

3880 BC

Founded my second city. I took a chance their would be a food resource nearby but was out of luck with the fish and clams one away from being in the cross, but then again i would have had to wait before i got the gold mined.

The next thing on the agenda is to explore a bit especially to the north west. Hopefully there is another great production city to be founded there.

Old 23-10-2008, 10:46   #5
Robi D
King

A number of people complained about the surrounding areas of their starting spots being poor so the game was restarted. New map and new civs too

01. Plux - Egypt
02. BCLG100 - Mongolia
03. NHJ - Arabia
04. socralynnek - Carthage
05. akots - Korea
06. Nitro - Viking
07. Matrix - England
08. Beam - Holy Roman Empire
09. barbu1977 - America
10. Robi D - Japan
11. IanDC - Sumeria

Nothing against Japan but i had just finished an epic SP game with them i have been playing the last 9 months (yeah i don't have much time) but everyone else had beaten me to claiming their civs so i'm stuck with them.

4000 BC

Gold right in the capital, but the stupid japs don't know how to dig yet so researching mining is an easy choice.

SW looked promising so my second settler heads there. Being the last to play i end the turn and play the next one.

3960 BC

Only the one flood plain but there is crabs nearby so this will do for city 2.

Neither city will be big on commerce, but with all that food i'll be able to work those hills early, put i got some forest chops. So with all that production i'm thinking maybe i should go aggressive for a change and clear out some neighbours, afterall i'm going to need some high commerce land in the future

Old 23-10-2008, 16:38   #6
killercane
Prince

Wow that is an even better powerhouse. Wish you had a better draw with the civ though!
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2008, 07:34   #7
Robi D
King

3880 BC

Had a chance to explore the area to my south, which is a small peninsular. I have a GP farm in the making with sheep, clams and fish a city radius now all i need is a high commerce site and i'm laughing.

I'm not going to worry about whats on the sea tiles there if there is anything else its just a bonus, so my warrior will head NW along the coast to see whats up there.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:48   #8
Robi D
King

3600 BC

10 turns into the restart and i'm loving more and more what i see.

Here is a look at my known world.

After a few turn i thought i was maybe on some small to medium island after seeing water nearly everywhere but the body to the north is a lake so i'm now thinking i'm on a peninsular since there is a definate coastline to my east.

The big discovery is a 4th city site. Excuse the rough drawing but you can see it has 3 food sources and 5 hills in its radius. Along with the 3rd city site which can be a GP farm with its 3 food sources and only 1 hill, site 4 along with Robigrad and Connor City will all be great production cities.

The hollow circles are potenial site but i need to do more exploring first. If at least one of those area can be a good commerce site then i'm pretty much got a base i can set up a win from.

Old 05-11-2008, 21:44   #9
mauer
King

I told you I'm like Fox news, fair and balanced. We report, you decide.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 13:16   #10
Robi D
King

3400 BC

15 turn in and i've met my neighbours

My warrior found the cultural borders of Matrix, while a warrior of NHJ found me. Given the water surrounding me there is a good chance they are my only two neighbours.

Gives me three options i guess, try to be friendly with both (nah, thats no fun), be friendly with one and kill the other or just kill both.

Logically i'm going to have to be friendly with one at least in the short term while i get rid of the other guy. At the very least i want to stop any chance of them teaming up to get rid of me.

Before i would have gravitated towards being friendly with Matrix but he been more aggressive of late so..... we'll see.

Demographics are looking nice early on, 1st in GNP, 2nd in MFG. Now i'm taking a risk of being open to an early rush. Robigrad will build a worker and Connor City a settler when the work boat is done. I want to get my 4 cities established quickly so i can build my military at a good speed.

My exploring warrior will make the return trip back on the other side of the lake. The west side has two dyes and some elephants a bit further to the east. Potential for a good commerce city, but i would prefer more production to be available.

@ mauer, is there any non spoiler advice you can give me with tactics and such so i know what not to do