Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 09-02-2007, 13:02   #1
Tubby Rower

Default **SPOILER** Kicked in the balls by Simon

well I'm a glutton for punishment. I've started another PBEM with one of the better MP civ4 players. So Simon leave now

Game specifics.
I am POTUS Roosevelt
Simon is Germany
more details later.

I plan on putting all decisions in here to get feedback on why I suck so bad. I have to be making a bad decision somewhere so any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-02-2007, 13:04   #2
Tubby Rower

I have the first turn played, but I was in a rush this morning so I emailed myself @ work the pictures from home. So once they get here after going through France, I'll post them... the start is rather bleak, but I think that it's doable.
Old 12-02-2007, 22:01   #3
Tubby Rower

Settings:
Prince
Tiny, Pangaea
Temperate
Medium Seas

Normal Speed

3 rivals (Simon and 2 others I guess)

Old 12-02-2007, 22:05   #4
Tubby Rower

84.09KB

114.68KB

103.75KB

108.32KB

108.6KB
Old 12-02-2007, 22:08   #5
Tubby Rower

[u]Current Actions </u>

- working the corn for speedy growth
- researching mining due to the plentiful forests around me.
- building a warrior for protection
- warrior will head south since deserts are most of the time in the middle of the map. I should be able to find someone on the other side.

Ideas, suggestions?
Old 12-02-2007, 22:22   #6
Robboo
King

OK first off its BC...Be aware of his early horse rush via chariots or HA.

looks like there is a water body to your NW. Could be a lake or you may be in a choke point. That should effect how you garrison your cities. I dont see any great city sites except near the fish..and that isnt that good. I assume you are going to get that hut up that way towards the fish.

Dont worry about your power number being so low..the others are due to starting techs. In fact using Robi D's power graph article, you could have a good idea who you are playign against other than Simon.( assuming no one popped a warrior or tech).

i suck as much as you...so do opposite of what I tell you.
Old 13-02-2007, 12:39   #7
Tubby Rower

so leave the hut ??

I actually did move the warrior south this turn. I was more interested in busting fog than goodie huts. In the past I really haven't gotten much from them so I'm not keen on going out of my way to pop them. But I could always change my mind....
Old 13-02-2007, 13:09   #8
Robboo
King

I'd wonder up that way and pop it. You will want to have all those single black squares cleaned before copper. They seem to attrack metals in my games...

I have had little success with huts in head to head games also. Never a troop, always gold.
Old 20-02-2007, 11:31   #9
Tubby Rower

I've met Cyrus after last turn... this turn I popped that hut and I'm glad that I did.. I got hunting out of it and after I ended my turn, I got mining. So My free tech is half-way concealed from Simon.

155.42KB
Old 20-02-2007, 11:49   #10
socralynnek

I guess your first mistake might have been your leader choice (or was it random?)

Industrious will help you only if your are going for some wonders which might not be the best choice on a tiny pangaea.
Organized might be helpful, but once you are so big that it really helps you, that game should be won anyway...

Anyway...it will feel much better then beating him to the ground...

You should build a worker after that warrior.
Maybe you should go for MC pretty early (but onl if your cities are safe) cause those half-priced forges can give you a boost then.