Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Greekguy's forum
Home

Old 31-08-2006, 22:59   #1
greekguy

Default BloodBath PBEM

This is the spoiler for the BloodBath PBEM, which I started at CFC on August 5, 2005. The game is called BloodBath, because the only way to win is through Conquest or Domination victory, the only civs allowed to choose from were MIL civs, and the game is Always War. as soon as you contact someone, you must declare on them. here are the settings:

Regent difficulty level
Civilization 3 Conquests 1.22
4 billion year old 60% water Pangea
Standard size (made up my mind)
Normal Climate
Temperate Temperature
Restless Barbs (in line with the millitary theme)
Domination and Conquest as only victory conditions available

and here are the brave souls who dare challenge me:

greekguy: Vikings
Gnarfflinger: Rome- eliminated in 2670 BC by classical_hero
GreyBeard: Zulu
classical_hero: China
Star_Fox: Germany
Salte: Japan

We are currently on turn 87.

i'll post updates in the coming posts. please feel free to offer advice, give suggestions, or yell at me for doing something stupid. your posts will greatly valued by me, so please post!
greekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 23:00   #2
greekguy

here's the update for turn 87:

didn't do much. moved around some workers, and moved a pair of archers closer to Japan. i got one archer going through the mountains, while one is trudging through jungle. my boat is also sailing the coast. i had one earlier in the game, and sailed on the bottom part of the pangea, but a Zulu ship sunk it centuries ago, so i sent my 2nd ship north. here's a screenshot of my empire:

i feel like i'm expanding at a decent rate, with 2 settlers heading to new city sites right now. i was aiming to get Iron Working for free, through Philo, but apparantly someone got Philosiphy before me, as i didn't get a freebie. once i finish IW, i'm going for wheel and masonry, then beelining to Monarchy. i hope to take out Japan before 500 AD, as there my closest opponenet and i don't want Salte to cut down his jungle and make his empire worth something. here's a pic of the Japanese empire:

my strongest enemies, however, are GreyBeard and classical_hero, who command the Zulus and Chinese, respectively. China took out Rome many turns ago, giving them a big edge in this game, since they now have more land to work with. classical and GreyBeard have had a few minor clashes throughout the game so far and have very close borders. here a pic of the China-Zulu coast:

also, one more important thing i should say. i was lucky enough to start off in an isolated corner of the pangea, with my closest enemy beyond a large mountain range. i have plenty of time to expand, and will hopefuly take out Salte in the late AA/early MA. after that, i plan on developing my land and going after everyone else in the late MA/early IA. i'll see how things go.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:13   #3
BCLG100
Deity

gg you really need a much closer build imo, especially for games like this- closer build means less units needed to defend and greater units you can build for an attack.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:33   #4
greekguy

yeah, well, there really weren't any good city sites near my capital, since there were a bunch of bonus grasslands to the west of Purple Blood City. also, Valhalla was founded after popping a settler from a goody hut, so that's why it's so far away from the rest of my cities.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:27   #5
RegentMan

Well, let's try this without the grid; see how well I do.

Remember, this isn't single player. You're not going to be here in the modern age with size twenty-five cities. Three tiles apart is ideal, as units can instantly reinforce a besieged city by following a road.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34   #6
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Toit is the way when warfare is the key element.

"I'm Dutch, isn't that weird?"
Old 01-09-2006, 15:18   #7
greekguy

hmm, thanks for the suggested dotmap RM, i'll use some of those city sites. but i think you should notice that Reykjavik, Olso, Copenhagen, and Stockholm are all 3 tiles away from each other, so it is a semi-tight build. also, my nearest enemy would have to march through jungle and mountains to reach me, so he's not reaching my core anytime soon. once i get IW and hook up Iron, i'll try for a sword/archer rush against Salte.
Old 01-09-2006, 18:17   #8
BCLG100
Deity

your thinkin like an AI there, human players are a lot craftier, you need an especially tight build on the coast incase someone lands a bunch of units without you knowing it.

admitedly it wont happen for awhile but you should still have a tight build all over.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 23:37   #9
greekguy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

your thinkin like an AI there, human players are a lot craftier, you need an especially tight build on the coast incase someone lands a bunch of units without you knowing it.

admitedly it wont happen for awhile but you should still have a tight build all over.
not only will they not reach me for awhile, but they'll have to find me first. i'm in the most isolated part of the map, i inhabit a small corner of the large pangea, and not a single ship has pasted close to my borders yet. also, remember taht everyone is at war with everyone else, and everyone else is closer to each other than they are to me. they can't send their whole military to attack me across the pangea, as their next door neighbor would just kill them off.
Old 07-09-2006, 20:02   #10
greekguy

hey guys. here's the update for Turn 91:

I've lost a few archers in battles with Japan recently and have shifted some builds around. I'm going to get Iron Working next turn, so here's hoping I get some Iron in or near my empire. I also built a new city this turn, and although it goes against RM's dotmap, i feel this city is in a good place, since it will use cows now and wheat after its first cultural expansion. Here's a shot of the new city and the minimap: