Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Greekguy's forum
Home

Old 31-08-2006, 15:03   #1
greekguy

Default My first Epic PBEM

This is a spoiler for my first hosted epic PBEM, which i started at CFC on July 10, 2005. Here are the settings for the game:

Regent Difficulty
70% water Continents
Wet Climate
4 billion year world
Temperate Temp.
Sedentery Barbs.
4 players on standard size map

And here are the players:

greekguy- Romans
classical_hero- Persians
Calis- Celts
bathsheba666- Vikings

We are currently on turn 123.

i'll post updates in the coming posts. please feel free to offer advice, give suggestions, or yell at me for doing something stupid. your posts will greatly valued by me, so please post!

greekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 15:04   #2
greekguy

ok, here is the update for turn 123:

I didn't do much, except move a few workers around, but i'll be building a new city next turn. I'm currently in 3rd in land area, so i plan to do a settler explosion in the next 30 turns or so, and build 10 cities on my southern border. Here's a screenshot of my empire:

You might notice that I'm in last place in score and have 2 gold in my treasury and at -1 gpt. this is for a few reasons. in the early game, i focused on getting Iron Working, as I hoped to hook up Iron quickly and take out my continent with Legionaries. Unfortunately, I don't have any iron near me, so I've had to rethink strategy. I also focused very little on building in my early game, so it took me more time to expand than it did classical_hero or Calis. Thus i have a much lower score than those 2. Now, about my gold issue. A few turns ago bathsheba approached me by e-mail with a very intriguing offer: He'd gift me into the Middle Ages (i needed 6 techs to reach the MA, and everyone else was already there) and i'd give him 40 gpt in exchange. At first, I wanted to just buy off a few techs, but he then lowered the offer to 30 gpt. I decided to accept, hoping that this deal will prevent the tech. dominance of my opponents. However, i'm basically bankrupt now, as my economy couldn't support the deal. I'm now frantically working on harbors, markets, and even the Colossus to try to remedy my gold issue.

Here's a screenshot of my border with bathsheba:

http://img436.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sborderfa9.jpg

He's my main ally in the game, and many turns ago we agreed to make the mountains our permanant border. However, this leaves my best ally with little land, so i'm slightly concerned he might break the agreement and sneak attack me, so i've left a few units to guard my border with him.

Here's a screenshot of my border with Calis, my main opponent in the game:

http://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?i...border2sh7.jpg

He's the only AGR civ in the game, so he's had a big advantage in growth from the start, thus the huge amount of cities he has. He also had the only iron source on our entire continent, shared by myself, himself, and bathsheba. Many turns ago bathsheba and I agreed to help each other, in case one was attacked by Calis, seeing he can produce his UU, while we can't. I also have archers stationed at hills and mountains throughout the south, to detect movement of Calis' troops and tell me if starts an invasion, giving myself and bathsheba ample time to prepare defenses.

One more thing. Although my position right now is kind of weak, I do have one thing going for me. I have the strongest military in the game. I'm strong compared to classical and bathseba, and average compared to Calis (even though he has Gallic Swords!). so, if someone tries to invade, they're in for a rough time.
Old 31-08-2006, 15:08   #3
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:reserved...
You know that you can lock topics?
Old 31-08-2006, 15:19   #4
greekguy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:reserved...
You know that you can lock topics?
yeah, well this was easier then locking and then unlocking a thread. i'm lazy like that.

btw, why aren't my pictures showing up?
Old 31-08-2006, 15:27   #5
Tubby Rower

you have spaces in your image link... You need to use underscores or no spaces reload
Old 31-08-2006, 15:39   #6
greekguy

ok, i guess i'm doing something wrong, because it's still not working.

here's the name of the first file: greekguy's Empire. i then edited the post to say greekguy's_Empire. it still didn't work. what do i do??
Old 31-08-2006, 15:41   #7
BCLG100
Deity

load it up on imageshack and post a link

that way everyone except tubby can see

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 15:49   #8
greekguy

thanks BCLG, imageshack worked great. now taht the pictures are up, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for my game?
Old 31-08-2006, 15:55   #9
BCLG100
Deity

and now you just need to make it so we can actually see the pictures in larger detail

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 16:01   #10
Tubby Rower

woo hoo... These are the first imageshack pics that I've seen in about a month... I hate my IT dept. I can probably get to ebay and hattrick now too. They keep playing with my head.