Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > SGOTM 8
Home

Old 26-08-2005, 14:30   #1
Darkness

Default SGOTM8 Turnlogs

Apparently some people don't visit CFC a lot...
And they still want to know what's up with the CDZ teams in the SGOTM, so I volunteered to get you all up to date on the events that have taken place so far...

I'll try to get the turnlogs on tonight...
Old 26-08-2005, 18:30   #2
Rik Meleet

If you get into problems; just inform me; I can do a lot on CFC.
Old 26-08-2005, 19:25   #3
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

If you get into problems; just inform me; I can do a lot on CFC.
By doing what? Posting the turnlogs here? If that's a reason to get in trouble at CFC the I expect I will follow PP's example very quickly...
Old 26-08-2005, 19:26   #4
Rik Meleet

I meant: technical problems (like not being able to copy pictures or whatever ... )
Old 26-08-2005, 19:39   #5
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

I meant: technical problems (like not being able to copy pictures or whatever ... )
Ah, right. I was already wondering what the hell you meant...
Old 26-08-2005, 19:45   #6
Darkness

The variant is Hydrophobic Conquest. You are America, your goal is to conquer your archipelago world, and you are afraid of water.

The rules are simple:

1. You will build no boats. Seaborne units are all disabled for America.
3. You must win by Conquest. America must be the only civ standing at the end of your game.
4. Red and Gold Laurels will be awarded respectively to the members of the C3C and Classic teams achieving the fastest conquests.
5. PTW and Vanilla teams are not permitted to leader rush Great Wonders before 1000 BC in this game

Here's the start:

30.33*KB

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - America
Opponents - Six, preselected
World size - 80 wide by 80 high. (Small)
Difficulty - Emperor
Landform - Archipelago
Barbarians - Raging

The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Game mods:
- America can't build boats. The AI can.
- All victory conditions are available except Diplomatic and Spaceship.
- Settlers, workers, scouts, explorers, leaders, cruise missiles and tactical nukes can be loaded into helicopters.
- A side effect is AIs can load tactical nukes into any boat with transport capacity ... so beware
- Bombers have lethal sea bombard only (lethal land bombard removed)
- Cruise missiles, stealth bombers and F-15 have both lethal sea and land bombard.

Additional change:
- C3C will use the same contact and map trading rules as Classic. Contacts can be traded between two civs when one of them knows Writing. Maps can be traded between two civs when one of them knows MapMaking.

First 20 turns (Player: Darkness)

4000BC (0) – Scout SE, S. Worker, E. Settler SE.
3950BC (1) – Found Washington. Start granary. Research at 100% to alphabet. Irrigate lambs. Scout W, S
3900BC (2) – Scout S, pops GH: 25 gold
3850BC (3) – Scout moves W, NW
3800BC (4) – Irrigation is finished. MM Washington for extra shields (forest). Worker starts road. Scout NW, pops GH: CB!
3750BC (5) – Scout moves NW, N. Washington MMed back to lambs. Growth in 4
3700BC (6) – Scout moves N, E. worker moves SE
3650BC (7) – Worker begins chop. Scout moves N, N
3600BC (8) – Scout moves NE, N.
3550BC (9) – Washington grows to size two. Sliders adjusted. Scout opens GH, and gets BW
3500BC (10) – 10 shields added to granary by chop. Scout moves N.
3450BC (11) – Cultural expansion. Scout moves NE
3400BC (12) – Road finished. Move worker to forest SE, scout pops GH: Maps
3350BC (13) – Start chop. Scout moves N
3300BC (14) – Scout moves N
3250BC (15) – Scout moves N and meets a Greek Hoplite! Alexander has wines, 20 gold, WC and alphabet. Trade masonry, CB and pottery for alphabet, WC and 20 gold. Scout moves N again
3200BC (16) – chop done. Washington grows. Sliders adjusted. Scout moves W and N. worker starts road.
3150BC (17) – Scout moves W and N again
3100BC (18) – Granary completed, settler started. Meet China. They have nothing.
Worker completes road, moves N
3050BC (19) – Scout moves W. Worker starts chop.
3000BC (20) - scout moves N

The map:

99.23*KB
Old 26-08-2005, 19:48   #7
Darkness

Turn 21-30 (Player: barbu1977)

Preturn:
Greece has mysticism

2950BC
Scout moves north

2900BC
Worker finishes chopping it's BG, I'm thinking someone put it there. The worker starts roading.
2850BC
Washinton grows, the lux slider is up to 40%.

2800BC
Settler is finished Wash. set to warrior.
Greece now has IW

2750BC
Nothing to declare
(recovered the autosave, I mixed up the scout. I did not find anyting new)

2710BC
Nothing either

2670BC
Warrior Finished, Leave production to warrior.

2630BC
Warrior pops hut and reveals map of the region.
I hesitate many seconds if I should move the settler to reveal hidden ocean square and loosing 2 turns moving on the olives. I do it and it doesn't pay off
Mao has 2 juicy workers in the capital, but wants 40 gold and ceremonial burrial for 1 of them, too expensive.

2590BC
Washinton Produces Warrior, I leave it there for MP. Production to Settler (I'm not sure about the settler, but we'll be able to change it)

2550BC
New York Settled, set production to worker
Greece now has the wheel, probably from china who now has mysticism and the wheel.

We need to decide production in both cities.
Wash will grow to size 4 and has 5 sheilds done, so it's time to change if needed. Maybe a worker will be more usefull.
Old 26-08-2005, 19:49   #8
Darkness

Turn 31-40 (Player:Romeothemonk)

IHT: Look around.
Turn 1: Get booted from greece, lux goes up. Due to tile alignment, New York gets swapped to warrior, then worker.
Turn 2: Start mining BG
Turn 3: A barb showed up and killed our fortified warrior. Not cool.
Turn 4: Settler built goes to A.
Turn 5: New york builds warrior, goes to worker. Lux is at 20%, moved down last turn. Found Boston, set to warrior.
Turn 6: Washington builds a warrior, he goes on MP duty. Suppress those buerocrats.
Turn 7: Nada
Turn 8: Moving worker to get some FP's watered.
Turn 9: Nada
Turn 10: There is more stuff in the Mts north of greece, And I am looking into it.
NOt much, but we should decide where the next city goes.
no one popped any techs or anything.

74.83KB
Old 26-08-2005, 19:51   #9
Darkness

Turn 41-50 (Player: Akots)

Preturn: only change switch build in Boston from warrior to scout. We are number 1 in population already which is nice.

[1] Washington Settler->scout. Settler goes to site 1.

[3] Both scouts ready, moving to position. Washington goes to archer, can be switched to settler. Boston to warrior. If there are barbarians in the south, we want to hammer on them. The wheel is around, so these would be horsemen. Phili founded, set to worker.

[4] Greece has Writing. It does not smell good, I don’t think Philo gambit is doable on this map. We can still try to go for Philo and pick CoL as a free tech. Otherwise, we just get nothing. I trade Writing from Greece for 11g and trade Writing to China for Iron Working + 11g. Amazingly stupid these AIs are, we actually got a tech for free from them. I have not played against AI for a while and just plain forgot how dumb it can be. Never mind, no iron in sight except for the northern tip of our continent and near Athens.

[5] New York makes worker, goes for another.

[7] Washington and Boston make archer and warrior. Archer rushes into battle with barbarians whereas warrior stays in Boston for military police duty.

[9] Almost finished improving tiles for settler factory and ready to go. Just keep it running is a proper way, don’t mess up. We still need one more plains tile to irrigate and road to make it fully functional. I decide to build another worker in Washington to accomplish this epic task. It will waste 4 shields though but we firmly remain at size 5 and on track. Archer killed barbarian warrior.

[10] Archer killed another barbarian warrior.

128.99KB

98.21KB
Old 26-08-2005, 19:53   #10
Darkness

Turn 51-60 (Player: Socralynnek)

Preturn: Switch Boston from Worker to Barracks, this can be switched to a wonder later on.

1725 BC (1) - Wash builds Worker, set to another worker that will be done in 2 turns.Both roads are done.
I don't see how we can get a 4-turn-factory in despotism as we are now at6spt in Washington and we can only get 1 more at size 6, but 8spt is required at size 6.
Once we are in republic it is no problem, because we can then use hills or forest and still be at +5fpt.
So, I directly swith Washington to a Settler as we are at 5 turns anyway and the other cities can pump workers.

1700 BC (2) - Irrigate 2 floodplains and a plain.
Move scout from the north closer to our territory because a barb horse is threatening him.

1675 BC (3) - Set lux to 30% as Washington has grown to size 6.
Working the lake for economy. China has Math.
Archer kills a barb and becomes veteran.
Phil produces worker.

1650 BC (4) - Set research to 20%. Philo will be done next turn.

1625 BC (5) - We research Philo and get Code Of Laws for free. Started research on Republic.
NY has produced worker and Washington has grown to size 7.
In the southeast, it looks like that peninsula purely consists of mountains.
We sell CoL to China for Math+32g.
We sell CoL and Math to Greece for Myst, TW + 46g.
We see horses on the other side of the channel to the SW.Chinese have horses near Canton.

1600 BC (6) - Settler done in Washington, set research to 80%.
There is a barb camp close to the gems, but no iron there...

1575 BC (7) - The Chinese are building The Colossus.
We are losing our warrior to a barb.
2 workers go improving the tiles between Wash&Boston.

1550 BC (8) - Hit wrong key, started to build a road near NY instead of irrigating, but since that tile is not used now, it won't hurt that much.
MM WAshington and set lux to 30%.

1525 BC (9) - Found Atlanta and set production to Temple there which can be changed by next one.
Northern scout spots a source of horses across a channel close to the Greeks.

1500 BC (10) - Fortified archer on mountain defends against a horse.
Alexander wants Philo. I don't give in. He doesn't declare war.
Moving workers towards Atlanta to improve BG.

170.87KB