Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > grs' forum
Home

Old 02-11-2004, 19:14   #1
grs
The Nameless One

Default grs in Fab4 - finished

Fab4 game with Banzai, Matrix and RomeoTheMonk. Map by Kingreno who named me qrs You can read there about the setup http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=2068.

The start

45.62*KB
gave me some headace, because of the hut. I did not want to use the worker to pop it, neither did I want to do a farmers gambit not building a military unit till my borders expanded (especially since I would have to waste shields). So I conceded myself to build 2 warriors first; one to guard the worker and the second to pop in Rome once the borders expand.

This is what it looks in 3550BC.

73.97*KB

The scoreboard tells me, that others deceided diffrent (if they had such a hut too). And I know my land looks a bit weired, but to mine the bg would have given me nothing. I fear I am in danger of getting crammed into a corner if there is someone near.
Old 09-11-2004, 23:59   #2
grs
The Nameless One

I got 2 barbs from the hut, of course. I lost one warrior, killing them. Sadly I did not even receive a promotion despite being milatiristic
Old 13-11-2004, 14:12   #3
grs
The Nameless One

I have met a Greek warrior in 3100BC and bought bronze working for warrior code, 2gpt and 8gold. Not the optimal opponent, because of the hoplites, but bronze working came in handy. I think Theo or William would have been easier to defeat, but at least it isn't Pacachuti.
Old 24-12-2004, 01:00   #4
grs
The Nameless One

By now I know the civs that roam my island. It is the Inca and Greek AI and Banzai's Iroquois. We already met and traded tech and shared research some turns ago. I am always a bit behind him in expansion - he is agricultural after all. He has horses in his territory and I have lots of iron as you can seen when I add the picture.

99.66*KB

This is the minimap.

14.92*KB

My plans? Well, stay friendly with Banzai, we both profit a lot from our friendship. There is an incense to the south which I want to grab and after that I will probably start backfilling my fertile lands to the north.

Banzai has proposed to attack the Greeks sometime, but we both need a reasonable army before that.
Old 05-01-2005, 00:32   #5
grs
The Nameless One

Pachacuti gave me the boot which teleported me though his lands and next to a goody hut. Since he helped me being first I really hope for a (improbable) tech or unit.

49.98KB

Stay tuned, I will tell you in 2 turns.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:43   #6
grs
The Nameless One

The hut gave 50 gold - not bad. Banzai and I continue to trade techs. He is doing Republic while I am working on currency right now. We also miss construction, mysticism, polytheism, monarchy, map making and literature. Hopefully the AI will do the lower path to monarchy. Since Banzai won the philo-race I guess we are in good shape tech-wise. Especially getting Republic fast should help us.
Old 06-01-2005, 13:56   #7
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Interesting. Good thing to have an "ally" for tech trading this early, but this effort also increases chances that you ll both grow large, which makes war between the two of you inevitable I suppose.
Old 14-01-2005, 01:18   #8
grs
The Nameless One

That is the Roman empire in 1375BC.

88.59KB

Pisae is on incense, but KR made it very hard for me to connect all my cities, so I will have to road even more hills and mountains. I will found 3 more towns: one where the settler is and two more in my back (maybe a third if there is a bit more land or even a resource in the north). I see no good option on founding a city in the southern mountain block, better raze Pharsalos and settle nw of it on the hill later.

Military build up is next and then it Greece.
Old 14-01-2005, 02:26   #9
Grille

How is the Greek AI doing, possibly some nice wonder to grab?
From the looks of the map, it seems that you are in a good position for a war against them.
Also, do you consider telling Banzai about the attack on Greece, meaning you both attack 'em?
Old 14-01-2005, 16:04   #10
grs
The Nameless One

The Greek AI is doing quite bad. Alex is building the Pyramids and the SoZ, but he probably has no chance on both. I know from enstablishing an embassy in Cuzco that the Inca will complete the Pyramids in 5 turns. I can check Alex when I have money for another embassy - maybe in 2 or 3 turns.

I guess we will both attack them. It is quite important for me though, to get the biggest chunk of Greek land since cities in Incan lands will be close to worthless for me. No arrangement has be made yet.