Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Arghis' forum
Home

Old 30-06-2004, 09:33   #1
Arghis

Default Akots vs Arghis

hi

here's my first turn for this demi god level game (my first one unless a test i tried once)

If i consider population and producation as the key of civ mechanics, i can say that by moving my worker on the hill, to make a road for the incense, i've probably made my first mistake. hmmm .
For science, as Persian, i choose to go for Iron Tech. Not sure if this is the best choice, but i want to prevent IA to launch a quick attack, and perhaps attack myself soon.
Also, i expect to use this tech for trading; this will compensate for the research time.

well, we'll see

17.62KB
Old 30-06-2004, 12:57   #2
Socrates
Emperor

Hey. It would be nice if you told us about the game's settings, at least who is akots !

I'm not used to Demi-God, but I bet the 2nd citizen starts to be unhappy, like on Deity. So roading the incense hill may not be that bad, all the more as you're industrious. But don't wait too long before mining those bonus grasslands...

As for science, so you went for Iron Working, but we still can't know your real strategy : researching at maximum or minimum speed can make a big difference. With all those river tiles, it could be worth going at maximum science, if you want to be the 1st on this tech. The only problem is the lack of food bonus, which will prevent you from using many river tiles before many turns.
Old 30-07-2004, 12:53   #3
Arghis

20.77KB

i was right on the IA launching quick atack on me. 10 warriors are coming to my capital. Seeing them coming, i've build walls, and i'm rushing a 2nd spearman.
The first attack wave was a disaster for the Inca; 5 deads warriors, and my spearmen is Elite.

I'm very disapointed by the number of units that the IA have !

For the food ressources, i've catle areas north and east. There is also spices north (near barbarians)

Akots play the Chinese

And for the strategy, well, to build a strategy, you need to know the pro and cons of your situation. I lack enough info for now, so my only strategy, at this game level difficulty (which i'm not used to), is Survival (=> iron). Of course, as a persian, i will stay close to Science Race.
Old 31-07-2004, 22:01   #4
Arghis

well, in the 2 last turn i have gained :
1/ a leader thx to my elite spearmen fortified behind the walls i just build a few turns ago
2/ peace with the incas, who offered me a tech in the bargain

i really don't understand IA sometimes. at the end, i'm rather happy because this attack will have strenghten me.

i think i've killed nearly ten warriors (in fact they die at the foot of my walls). 3 are still roaming on my territory.

the only thing i loose was 1 pop point, because for safety i rushed a 2nd spearmen. So i'm a bit late for my 2nd settler.

As far as i know, Akots has also been attacked by one IA.

For some strange reason, my leader seems unable to create an army or rush anything (the button does not appear)
Old 31-07-2004, 22:53   #5
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Good fun early in the game Arghis! About that leader, you need 4 cities for each army, be patient for a while.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:47   #6
Arghis

thx beam, i forgot this point.

i'm confused

why is akots taking such an advance. every turn i see it deepening the distance.
in the situation i am, i don't see what i can do.

here's an image (80ko)

What has happened. i've been attacked by my direct neighbor as already said. Since this little war, i'finished researching & founding & roading Iron. i've also build a 2nd town, which will be my settler factory (2 cattle helps - Next turn it will produce my 2nd settler).
i've tried to trade with Inca, but he has everything he wants, and so is not interested by what i can offer.
Considering the pression inca is putting on me (towns everywhere around me), i choose to build a barracks in my capital. it will be finished in 2 turns. From this moment, i will produce Immortals and prepare an attack agaisnt Inca. I can let it go to the 2nd iron sources (north of the mountain, where he already have a town near)

My science level is 90 %. i'm not sure it is a good choice.

Having roaded iron make me loose some time to mine some lands. also, i've been building many roads during the last war. As a matter of fact, my worker has to flee, so i'll use it to prepare terrain for the second city.

all that being said, i don't see what i can do to lessen akots advances (for instance). he said to me that he was also attacked.

Perhaps should i explore much ? but i keep all my troops near my country, in case of Incas 2 nd attack.

i'll had the ooportunity to rush the barrack with my leader, but i refuse, prefering to keep it for making an army. Is an army such an advantage against IA ? i think yes (i heard that units in an army had a small attack bonus, and know that the see farther)

So what do you think i can do while waiting ?

84.44KB
Old 07-08-2004, 13:08   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

You'll need 60 gold to upgrade yeach warrior, so I guess first thing is to set science to 0% until you have enough.

The Incans will crumble against Immortals - they wlll likely have very little defense.

Build your army and put your immortals in it, as the extra move alone is worth it. I wouldn't do that until you have a couple of immortals spare though.
Old 10-08-2004, 22:12   #8
Arghis

i've builded my 3rd city north of my capital in the hills, near the cattle area.

The inca has launch his 2nd war agaisnt me. He already loosed one Horseman. Now i have 2 immortals (one upgrade, and one just produced), and my first kill offer me a Golden Age. In 3 turn, i'll have another settler. In five turns, anothe veteran immortal. My army is still far from being build, but thanks to this Golden age, things could go a bit faster than expected.

Also, i've located horses. One is in the incan town south of my capital, the second is near the sea, nort east. My worker will prepare the road to this place. It is a safe area to work, while Immortals defend the land.

Akots is taking more and more advance.
Old 15-08-2004, 10:25   #9
Arghis

at least i've my fourth city

29.3KB

one of my veteran immortal was killed while waiting (not fortified) on a hill, kill just by an incan regular scout. Anyway, soon, i'll have an army, and another of my immortal has become elit.
Old 30-08-2004, 12:18   #10
Arghis

Well, things are going well. At least the war is going well. My golden Age is finished. It'll helped me a bit, of course, but i would have prefered having it a bit later. Early civ UU is a problem for this. A golden age when you have 4 cities ... well, better than nothing.

I've had a second leader, which help me hurrying Heroic Epic; My army has destroyed the first incan city (pop 1)

i've secured a 2nd iron sources, and i'm going for the spices (north). Essentially, i'm building settlers and military units. I'm the last on score points. I think it'll oblige me to many wars in the future.

Incan still have no iron it seems, and is at war with someone else i think.

Maya has settled near me.

All in all, this makes a very interesting game.

80.17KB