Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 19-08-2005, 17:09   #91
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, that's fine with me. It was my idea to chop it up into 20 turn sets so we have a "lead" player at all times but I also think that a swap here or there is fine if it keeps the game moving

If possible, post a pic.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 18:29   #92
romeothemonk
King

Ok, I will play turn 13 over lunch then. (If I remember, I should though)
Old 19-08-2005, 21:01   #93
romeothemonk
King

Turn Played. I MM'ed for shields at the end of the turn after the screenie. Please MM back after next turn.
I discovered a new city site for our workers to come from.

69.71KB
Old 19-08-2005, 23:55   #94
bed_head7

Just in case I can't play more of my future turns (I am moving in to my dorm on Sunday and all the first week there is quite a bit of stuff going on before classes start on the 29th), the worker plan is to road the cow, move north, road the BG, move to the wines I guess and mine, then road, then move SW and road. This hooks up Paris and our eventual second city (we did decide on the gold hill?) and gets both of them wines, without slowing down the building of anything. First settler will take five turns and the rest will take four, of course. And, all of this is achieved with no more food waste and only one more wasted shield, as with the worker improvements listed allow Paris to operate a 5-7 factory using 6s, 8s, 7s, and 9s. As we mine those tiles that are unmined and roaded that Paris uses, we will also need to mine and road regular grass tiles to allow surrounding cities to make use of the BG.

I realize much of this is obvious, but I like to be able to refer to something when playing my turns. As a plan is easy to forgot over the course of weeks and months.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 02:14   #95
romeothemonk
King

Good plan. I concur. We had planned on gold hill. I like the worker action planning. Will play if it shows up in my inbox over the weekend then.
Old 20-08-2005, 07:12   #96
grahamiam
Emperor

ok JD, good luck moving in to school The worker moves sound fine, we should take a hard look at the screenie now that we have more info to confirm we want our city on the gold hill.

Also, that warrior should start heading back to town. we don't need a suprise visit from the south. Recommend he moves S, then SW 2x, then due W back to town. That should give us enough info about the FP wheat to decide if we want that spot before the gold hill.
Old 20-08-2005, 09:28   #97
bed_head7

Actually, now that you mention it, I am thinking that the spot west of the FP wheat is preferable at this point to the gold hill. We can settle gold hill with the second settler, and at that point, all of the roads will be finished, I believe, allowing settling the turn after it completes, which is always nice.
Old 20-08-2005, 18:54   #98
romeothemonk
King

I agree with the 1 w of the FP wheat. I am not sure if we want to build it next, but I am open to the idea.
Old 21-08-2005, 02:32   #99
grahamiam
Emperor

well, 1T W of the wheat is an excellent spot for a worker factory. we'll actually need another worker to help chop the granary but more warriors for MP will be required also...

let's see, worker has already finished roading the cow, so next turn he moves, then roads (2t), move, mine (4T), road (2T), move, road (2T). That's a total of 13 turns. if settler will be done in 12T or less (and I think it will), we should move the 1st settler towards the FP wheat, then the 2nd can move and settle the 2nd city 5T later.

I'm also have 2nd thoughts about the gold hill, as it will overlap a lot with the capitol. by settling near the wheat, we will be cramping the capitol with 2 cities. maybe it's best to get the whales in range of an expansion for that city instead of settling on the goldhill?
Old 21-08-2005, 04:06   #100
bed_head7

This game will not last until the modern ages, I think, and cramping of the capital short term is just what we need. It only really needs the cow, the wheat, and one bg and a forest on growth, and it will be fine. Meaning all of those available bg need to be used by other cities. So a tight build is what we want.

The worker is only finished with irrigating the cow, not roading. It needs to now road. So add two turns to your calculations.

Okay. So if we go for FP now, it doesn't necessarily have to work the wheat straight off. It could build warrior-worker. Or, perhaps it could build the worker in 6 turns by working bg for 2 turns, getting 4s, then working fpwheat for 4 turns, getting 4s and growth, and hopefully it will be close enough to the capital not to lose a shield to waste. We can of course stick to the gold hill idea, as it will be able to use the extra good tiles of Paris sooner. But short term we get worker building a bit slower, I believe. I guess the question is what is better long term.