Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Other Other Games
Home

Old 29-01-2013, 12:04   #61
Kingreno

Started as Holland several times again, this time with the goal of expanding military and not gambling too much.

- If Burgundy has the mission to Conquer Brabant your screwed, as she also has a core on Gelre and Holland will be surrounded in no time.
- I tried the aggressive approach to Hinaut several times but most times was screwed by Bohemia and money was not too good because of bad rep. It seems a viable option but requires a lot of luck.
- All in all the best option seems to break alliance with Hainaut and insult them and pray that their King dies. In the meantime you can expand trade/tech.

In the game that went okay I got out of the PU in the peacefull/insult way. I went for many alliances with smaller German states and I got to 7 alliances. This keeps Burgundy from attacking me so it seems.
Now, England is fighting Scotland and France is fighting Italian states. Aragon fights Castille (and wins!!). Burgundy is busy with Switzerland and smaller French states.
I got a CB on Oldenburg, and later the Hansa. I conquered Oldenburg, Bremen and Hamburg and have an economic powerhouse. My army is equal to Burgundy.
All seems fne and now... France allied Burgundy and bith are sending me insults and warnings...
I am heavily allied in the HRE (I think Austria and Bohemia will go my way), but it may seem in vain looking at the huge troopnumbers in France/Burgundy....

Is there some nifty way to screw their alliance? Or should I just fortify in Zeeland (I have a stack of 55 there, with a heave defence bonus) and wait it out?
Old 29-01-2013, 12:12   #62
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I don't see a lot of problems with the CoT in mexico surviving once colonisation starts. Afaik a CoT will survive if the value is high enough, even with just one trading nation in it. I've seen a playtrough were some guy owned all of the americas and was the only nation using the CoT's there. All 6 merchant monopolies with a slew of empty spots in the CoT's.

Keeping the 2 incan CoT's alive will be difficult I think. We've both seen one die off in our games even before we arrived. With the western coast being much harder to colonise I think you won't see more than 1 CoT there most of the time.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote