Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 21-12-2004, 21:05   #1
Kingreno

Default Kingreno vs ERIKK#2 ***SPOILAH***

Erikk and I got our second game going, he undoubtly wants a payback for his defeat in game one. I plan to deny that payback.

Stats: Map made by Beam!

Erikk plays the despicable Egyptians (booooooo)
Kingreno plays the Honorable Zulu (yayyyyyyy)

Level is demigod and it is a pangaea map

The promissing start:

15.34KB

Looks great. I start another scout and send my starting scout north.

after 4 turns:

59.81KB

Muhahahahaha....

Erikk is doomed I say. DOOMED!

Also, the second scout got me CB on turn 6!

Old 21-12-2004, 21:17   #2
Kemal

I'm guessing here, but looking at the map so far I would think there was a third hut popped already as well, could that be correct? And if so, I suppose that was of far less quality..?

Anyways, great going, a third scout in the planning as well I see, I guess there won't be any more settler now though.
Old 21-12-2004, 23:41   #3
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I hate Zulu after the game with OPD. Even though it has been apparently ended in my favor. Are you planning horsemen-impi rush as well? Through all the AI and right to the Egyptian heart? To cut it out and sacrifice to please the Gods of War?
Old 23-12-2004, 21:44   #4
Kingreno

@akots: Nice wordings! The zulu were the first civ I played and won a Deity game with! I like impi very much, as it is versatile and great for toying with the AI.

The zulu are doing fine.

The map...is weird! I seem to be on the western edge of a "steering wheel" shape. The AI are all in the middle so Erikk must be in the far east. A naval invasion is probable and desirable as going through the heart is very very difficult.

4.83*KB

The Inca (pink) are very close and also very advanced. The only civs I have yet to meet are Erikk's Egypt and the Mayans. I met Russia, China, Ottomans and Japan. No trade is possible. I can immagine Erikk being as backwards as I am, as he had no chance to bridge the huge distances without a scout.
On the domestic front, things are ok. I am worried a but about having only 2 luxes, but the land is decent. Zimbabwe is a setler fac, the rest will go for...well, the rest!

91.48*KB

I will keep you posted!

Old 31-12-2004, 13:09   #5
Kingreno

Update:

A lot has happened as this game races forward as well. turn 55 now.
What happened?

I met all civs and was, as said, backwards! I had 4 Goody huts giving me a total of one setler, CB and 2 Maps of the region. I guess that is ok, but not exceptional.
Techs. I pulled of some great trades as we were first to reach Horsebackriding which everyone lacked. I got all techs available and gained the top tech position, shared with the Ottomans. the available techs were: Alphabet, Mysticism and IW. I then wnet full speed to writing. getting it a turn before erikk who was researching it longer. Muhahaha. No good trades available though so I raced on to Philo and got that first too. Choose CoL and now republic is in 30 turns! I trdaded Philo arround for polytheism, which most AI got at that time. Erikk got Philo a turn later because everyone else had it and the price went down a lot. Erikk misses IW, HBR, CoL, Mys and Poly. He may be attempting to trade Lit soon but he has not got that yet. Trading to parity is not too hard I guess.
the lands:

59.99*KB

Lands look ok and they are. I like the map as well Beam. Many possibilities!

The AI. Naturaly the good life of the Zulu led to envy with my pasky neighbour, the inca. Without any reason they send over no less then 6 warriors to invade zululand. We were not prepared at all and we pulled of a "miffy" to counter the attack. I had 2 vet archers and 3 warriors.

The first signs of trouble:

53.82KB

He invades:

44.66KB

I lose 2 archers and a warrior, he loses all 6. too bad I had to loose an elite archer attacking a 3hp-warrior!

33.1KB
after this I expect some heavier units to enter Zululand soon. I have horses ready though. Erikk thinks that this was has led to my GA. I know I am large Erikk, but not in a GA yet. hehe.

Traditionaly:

6.16KB

Erikk still has not met 3 AI, but he is looking for them. we'll see!
Old 03-01-2005, 23:45   #6
Kingreno

passing turn 70.

The Incan wars have ended.

They made peace with giving me all their gold, 15 AND a city! Not the worst city I ever had btw.

29.62KBw:

It is east of their lands, so I will lose it anyway. but at least it won't be productive for them anymore. ever.
A turn later, my warhappiness got renewed as Ottomans demanded CoL. As I owned a monopoly on that then, I refused, they declared. I allied my old adversary the inca against them and now, all their troops are leaving our border.

Erikk. tsk tsk tsk. Turn 70 and the poor fella still has only met half the world!

58.49KB

I have embassies with Japan, Inca and Erikk. I cannot believe he has yet to meet 4 AI! tech prices are high for him now, not to mention the next age is not too far away. I will soon become a republic!

The empire, it's technologies and trades.
Maya and ottomans have Monarchy over me. I have parity with Russia. I have CoL over ince, Japan and china. I have CoL and Poly over Erikk. He is doing a Math gamble, but without knowing 4 AI that is not too easy.
I at one point traded around CoL to maya and Russia, it got 15 gpt, lit and 100 gold. No further trades are made. Current siuation most certainly means I will not trade republic arround yet.
the f1:

16.46KB

Great to be able to research at this speed this early in the game.
The standing army of the Zulu despotism:

24.49KB

No impi yet, as I do not want a GA yet.

Expansion. Two more cities in teh north are all there will be settled. After that, expansion will go with the sword. As can be seen in the pic, libs are demanded everywhere. Next are some Courthouses, as corruption rises high even in important cities. Markets are due in say 20 turns. In between: Impi/horses

67.43KB

Nothing that special here.

The f11:

55.77KB

Currently, the Maya are the largest civ, and also in a GA. They are also Erikk neighbours! I therefor considder myself rather happy with second place in major categories.

More to come!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:55   #7
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:Erikk. tsk tsk tsk. Turn 70 and the poor fella still has only met half the world!
tsk, tsk, tsk, you shouldn't refer to Queen Erikk like that.

Nice going btw, your contacts again show the power of expansionist on pangea.
Old 13-01-2005, 22:44   #8
Kingreno

Update! About time!

turn 100!

Queen Erikk did quite well. I think. Hell I haven't got a clue how he is doing but techwise he is advanced compared to me. Techwise...Everyone is advanced when compared to the zulu scientific program.

8.3KB

Well well, noble Leader, what can we do? How far are we behind? How BIG is the techhole we find ourselves in???
Actually, we can guess! We are in the Medieval age, as is all the rest. We however have yet to obtain our first tech in this age. The maya and ottomans are building sistines/KT/SunTzu. No-one has engineering yet!
The rest has Feud and Mono except for China, who apparently copied the Zulutactics. Our status: F1

16.54KB

No single scientists. Nothing. ZULU DON"T RESEARCH!

Ok, now that we have that cleared let us focus on what we are good at.

Our empire:

89.3KB

All cities on Markets, Courthouses, the FP (one) and Libraries (well...uh...we may need the culture some day). The income I get from taxes is mostly used to hurry up this proces. the 2 luxes require that I need 20% lux tax and that does not help.
There are things though, that DO help:

11.67KB

Muhahahahaha

The Inca, though wise:

76.5KB

LACK IRON! Muahaahahahaha

I am still Average military but compared to Erikk I am strong!

18.6KB

That brings me to the next point of debate. Erikk has overtaken me in score!!! I do not know what he is building that is making this happen. I lead him in Pop, quite heavily. I lead him in Military, quite heavily. He leads me in land area, probably very very heavily as that is the only possibility! He must have settled the small land North and South of his Core...why? dunno.
To illustrate he has spend his shields on something, here is a cultural graph. Please know that I have not a single temple or other bullshit. This is pure libraries and the Palace. Notice my culture is far greater then his. So no Libs (or temples...), no Military, it must be setlers.

14.94KB

Also, the f11

17.89KB

This looks very positive for the Zulu...
Maya are first in pop, and the king of the hill. Erikk has the chance to conquer some wonders as well.

46.89KB

Last, the MM, while the Zulu prepare for war!

6.76KB

Old 14-01-2005, 23:56   #9
Kingreno

I had 25 Units for the gates of feckin Cuzco which was defended by 5 LOUSY REGULAR Spears. I had 15 horses (vets) and 10 Impi (vets), in the end my last impi managed to finally defeat the last elite spear...I lost 9 horses and 7 impi. Needless to say the offensive is halted a bit. We do have the great library though...and the oracle. Nice for tourism purposes.

73.76KB

And that egyptian horse has not paid a spectatorticket!
Old 15-01-2005, 00:45   #10
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Sorry to disturb you with congratulations for the Great Lib at this grave moment.