Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 07-07-2006, 15:27   #41
Socrates
Emperor

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your advice, though there is so much of it, and I don't know where to start. I'm currently waiting for the GMs to validate my identity (should happen before Sunday), and then I'll be able to complete the challenges and really get into the game. Until then I prefer to do just little things.

I have got rid of Jean Lebreton, my newbie. Alexis Brisset is still up for sale until Sunday evening ; if he doesn't sell, I'll fire him on Monday. Then I guess I'll have to hire a few coaches and buy a good goal keeper.

The current training (or is it updated next Thursday ?) is on stamina, at 100%. I don't know what system to choose. It seems that 4-4-2 is the standard one, and that players always have an excellent ability to play that way, so I guess I should keep that for the moment, since all the rest is weak. I confess I'm willing to imitate the French team in RL : probably a 4-5-1, with a coach into defensive tactics. But I don't know, because the scores seem to be very high, like in the very old days (also called "babyfoot scores") : 5-3, 7-0, etc...

I also plan to invest a maximum of money into the youngsters, I've read that it can turn gold after a season.

I guess I have a few weeks before next season, and this should give me the time needed to set my club on track.
Old 07-07-2006, 15:27   #42
socralynnek

You might want to keep Gaudefroy, with a little stamina training he can be back up midfielder or winger.

With the rest, I agree with Tubby's analysis.

You were really unlucky with your starting squad.

Your forwards are ok but the rest is bad.

You might even want to buy a passable or solid playmaker under 30 with a little experience (at least inadequate). Shouldn't be that expensive.
Old 07-07-2006, 15:49   #43
Tubby Rower

I wouldn't invest in your Youth Squad yet. I started mine @ 10k around week 6 (so 8 weeks after I started). I'm still losing money slightly but not over a 2-week period. My youth squad has been at inadequate for 3 weeks now. I think that 10k investment gets it up to passable. Next season I'll be upping the investment to 20k, but I can't afford it right now.

As far as you formation experience, all of the "other" formations will stay weak until you play a match with them. So while your team is not competitive is the ideal time to get experience in formations. So decide on a training regime and then get experience in the 2 formations that cater to that training style (for GK training you can just pick two... mine are 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 currently but I have experience in 5-3-2 as well)
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21   #44
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Totally OT:

About the Pixies: first two albums are my favourite. Monkey gone to heaven for sure my favourite Pixies song.

And akots is absolutely right about:
Quote:
quote:
You might as well read two recent SF books by Dan Simmons: Iluim and Olympos
And while you're at it read the Hyperion books by Dan Simmons as well: awesome SF
(but I;m biased, I;ve been a huge Simmons fan for ages and I like all his books, SF, horror and recent sort of 'film noir' detectives)
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:46   #45
Socrates
Emperor

Yippee, I passed all my challenges !! So I have access to all the normal features now.

I was updated on the economy page, and checked the figures ; the only thing I can't compute is the income from the sponsors, at 19,643 € for this week. This basically covers the investment in the youth squad : 20,000 €. Yes, it may look stupid, but I'm going to take that route and see where it leads me to. I'll have to sell players a lot, that's for sure.

OK, let's have a few questions.

- It seems that my assistant coach, who is my general coach at the moment, is still regarded as a player, and he gets away with 2 wages : 500 € as a "player" (minimum because he is 49 and he sucks) and 1,500 € as a "coach". Don't know if it's possible, but I don't want him to play football, and I'd like to get back my 500 € per week, how do I do that ?

- I can see that the level of my youth squad is 'poor' at the moment. Is there a slight chance that the youngster of the week can be better than 'poor' on average, or will I never get a surprise ? In other words : should I keep my 2,000 € each week before the level of the youth squad reaches a certain level (which one ?), or should I promote one player each week ? Does promoting a youngster each week accelerate the level of the youth squad ?

- Do players have memory of their left/right position on the field ? Do they get confused if I switch them left/right (left/right backs and wingers), or is it the same ? More generally, how do I choose a winger to be on the left or on the right ?

I think that'll do for now.

My goal is to get used to the game before the next season starts. I will be relegated for sure, so there is nothing I can do. I'd like my economy to be on track by next season, and for that I need a solid plan to equalize income and expense.
Old 08-07-2006, 13:05   #46
Kemal

Your general coach is the one in the squad earning 500 a week, your assistant is part of the additional staff of the club (all staff members earn 1500/week standard) and thus should be considered as a seperate individual. The general coach is mandatory and cannot be fired, the assistant is optional and only increases the speed at which training takes place. If you have a passable/poor or solid/poor coach (500/week guy), I would keep the assistant as well.

You can always get a good youth player no matter what the level of the academy, but the chances of that happening are extremely slim at the lower levels.

Players do not care whether they are fielded left or right, so no problems there. As to what is your left and right side, look from the goalkeeper's perspective when placing the match orders.
Old 08-07-2006, 14:06   #47
socralynnek

If you want to keep your youth expenses at 20 000 Euros, there is only one way to not go into debt for some time: training to sell!

Your home matches income won't be very much for a long time.

For any of the training types : defending, playmaking, scoring; you will have a lot of problems financing your squad cause it takes a long time until you have the first decent sale.

So, the only way would be: buy 2 young keepers soon, train them and sell the first one when he reaches excellent or formidable.
And get at least a coach with passable skill (79600 Euros)
Old 08-07-2006, 14:37   #48
Tubby Rower

I would argue that obtaining a coach with solid skill and poor leadership would be the best way to go. That way you won't have to buy another coach in 3 seasons. You'll likely go into debt, but I think that it's acceptable and manageable. I've been hovering between 100k and 150k in debt. I've been purchasing players during that time too to make my squad stronger.

if you are training GK, then you can sell one of them quicker to pay some money back if you get too deep in debt. But you'll also have to get another trainee
Old 08-07-2006, 14:42   #49
socralynnek

But then 20k into youth would be suicidal as then he has to be carefully anyway.
Old 08-07-2006, 15:01   #50
Socrates
Emperor

OK, I'll just let tonight's match as is, so as to see how it goes, and will take some actions before Wednesday's friendly (CDZ Cup but I don't stand a chance there). Can you tell me if that sounds good for next week ? :

- Hire a good coach, at least in skills, and fire my current coach.
- Promote goal keepers only, from my youth squad.
- Keep the training on stamina for the moment, then switch to keeper training before next season starts.
- Hire 1 GK coach.
- Hire a few staff members of each category.
- Sell or fire my weakest players, so as to only keep 14 (11 + 3) football players in the club. I guess we can have 3 subs per match. This will reduce the wages while I'm in business mode (I'm not in winning squad mode).

My arena already has 12,000 seats (no VIP), I guess that's enough for now (next season I'll be in Division VIII) ?

Anything else ?