Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 06-12-2003, 18:58   #21
Kemal

I'm a total noob regarding the corruption effects of C3C, so on whether we really need a city even on distance 2 from the capital I'm going with anarres' opinion.

Taking into account that Rotterdam has already been founded, how about a city placement as in the following pic (no fancy dots as in pp's pic, just regular paint dots ):

69.5KB

My personal choice would be to found the blue dot city first, than the yellow one. both have access to forests for shields, and the blue dot city reaches 5 food surplus with the cow irrigated.

Also, considering the granary, I'd prefer building at least one other settler before starting the granary.

Will go and play the turns tonight.
Old 06-12-2003, 19:51   #22
Skyfish

Looks good Kemal ! Go ahead.

We indeed have an issue with Science, I dont believe we should "go back" to Max Science, it s too late now.
I agree with KR that max science towards Writing could have been achieved before 50 turns, but that would have been without Curragh or Granary just full on settlers to get as many cities up to increase our beakers.
It would have been beneficial in the short term but the granary gets his full impact in the mid-term.
In that regard maybe we should go on with the granny instead of taking another settler out, why do you think we should do that Kemal ?
I dont want to rant about granary though, there is no absolute truth on that subject.
Old 06-12-2003, 20:30   #23
Kemal

since there was forest about to be chopped I've went for a granary anyways, otherwise shields would have been wasted. Here's a report on the latest 10 turns:

21:MW, see red borders to the north

22:Meet Babylon, they lack Alphabet and pottery! Great trading possibilities here, I first trade pottery for CB and 69 gold, hoping they have mysticism, but unfortunately they do not. Proceed by trading alphabet for BW and WC, after which I get another Scandinavian worker for CB. We're now at tech parity, except for Ragnar who has The Wheel (I tried to get it but it was way too expensive...). adjust luxury tax to keep the people of Rotterdam happy. I've decided to continue our min. research, since we have used op some turns for that already, and because I feel we might need plenty of luxury tax in this land of plenty (as far as food is concerned)
23:MW

24:MW

25: Disease strikes Rotterdam , I was building a worker there, but I change prod to warrior now. MW

26:MW, Rotterdam produces warrior.

27:MW

28:MW

29:Amsterdam completes granary, starts settler, MW

30:MW, Greek borders in sight to the west for our curragh, but unable to make contact this turn. I don't think we're at tech parity anymore Toto, AI has IW, Mysticism, Wheel and masonry in front, but the techs are divided. So far we've been unable trade even the cheapest techs with these freaking Sid misers though, but now, with the new contact coming up, tech trading may well be a good possibility.

The savegame for skyfish:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SidSG_2550BC.SAV
128.67*KB
Old 06-12-2003, 21:35   #24
Skyfish

Got it !
Its feast time on SGs at the moment, i need to finish 2 CFC ones first
Old 07-12-2003, 00:07   #25
Plux
King

Not playing here, but of course following closely . Two questions:
- What was the motivation for building Rotterdam first, PP? I would''ve send the first settler to blue or yellow, hoping for a faster penetration of the lands between Holland and its neighbours. Units from R'dam now have to travel longer distances, and its tiles aren't much better than the other options imho.
- What came from the huts?

GL to the next player!
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:02   #26
anarres
anarchist butcher

I just realised - there's no minimap posted yet!! []
Old 07-12-2003, 11:33   #27
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Motivation for R'dam was the wheated flood plain that's under the worker. Worker was irrigating that, so that would mean it could use that tile to share with A'dam. Also the worker can irrigate the other fplain easily and then we can build some workers/settlers from R'dam. So proximity to improved tiles and worker was the main reason.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 19:11   #28
Kingreno

We're doing okay now. If we get to writing (which I doubt, but no-one is to blame but Sid) we should NOT push for Phil...I played several Sid/Deity already and the AI always got Phil and MM first. Remember also that with so many techs already discovered any huts for the AI will very likely give Phil as well!
I Say lit or CoL.

What frightens me most is that this thread has more visitors in 10 days the all other spoilers in my forum
Old 07-12-2003, 20:22   #29
Skyfish

Quote:
quote:more visitors in 10 days
More like 3 no ?

Oh btw here boss
Not sure it helps that much...

3.01KB
Old 08-12-2003, 21:58   #30
Skyfish

All looks good.
Gotta hate producing a 6 food bonus in Amsterdam but oh well

2510 : the curragh meets the greeks, they are only up the Wheel and dont have Pottery, give them a bit of gold with it, then the Babs dont have the Wheel but Mysticism, swap trhat with some cash and finally go to the Spanish and exchange Mystic for Masonry plus change, then turn around and sell wherever I can. Nice 3fer
The weak AIs are broke, Vikings are dominant with no gold but HBR and IW up on us, then the Babs have IW and gold, then the rest of the AIs (Spain, Greece)are level or under us with no money.
We still have 173g making 10 gpt.
I could have bargained our whole economy for IW but its not worth it, will wait for miser price.

2470 : worker is produced in Rotterdam, set to Settler.

2430 : press enter

2390 : Slaves finish to mine the BG in Amsterdam we finally have our 4 turn settler factory... Settler is produced and sent to the spot at distance 2
Wow ! am I glad I waited, the Greeks get IW and have no Mystic : they are OK for a straight deal (they have no gold)
The Vikes have Writing (16 turns before our min sci comes in...) Nobody else has it or can afford it.
The Hague is founded in a very crowded randstad We have Iron right nearby. Cant see no horse btw...

2350 : press enter

2310 : Play around the food tiles : Amsterdam does not need the irrigated wheat flood plain so it lends it to Rotterdam who needs to grow to get shields.
Decide to swap Rotterdam to a Warrior as we need MP instead of 30% lux for 2 turns at size 5.

2270 : Bingo we find and Indian Curragh ! They have 63g and lack Mystic and IW. Just Mystic is enough to bankrupt them.
Vikes still have monopoly on Writing and wont part from it even for 300g and 10gpt [argh] Not that I would do it mind you

2230: Another settler out. Spain gets Horseback Riding and lacks IW, this is too easy.. In a solo game I would never
acquire it now its very early to be producing Horses but with the increased cost of upgrade

2190 : Bang Rotterdam gets hit by disease but produces a warrior, the Zulus (??) complete the Oracle.

2150 : We get hit by disease *again* even though I tried the work around. Madrid completes Colossus.
Utrecht gets built on hill by wheat FP.
By the way The Hague produced a warrior and now is making a worker. The Indians have a worker available and neither HBR or IW, great stuff, just HBR buys it and they give 5g on top (their whole treasury)

Here is my proposed anti-RCP future cities, good sites actually, that anti circle is great !

And the save !
Good luck to anarres !

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] William of the Dutch, 2150 BC.SAV
155.88*KB