Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 30-05-2007, 22:15   #1
Kingreno

Default Kingreno vs Tubby Rower ***SPOILAH***

If you are Tubby Rower you better leave or I will nuke your ass back to the stone age.

Da da, it is that time again. Another baby reached 6 months (almost) so time for new PBEM's. And since civ4 SUCKS it's good'ol civ 3.

Game info: The despicable Ottomans of Tubby Rower take on the Mighty Russians of myself. The game is played on Emperor level and we are joined by Carthage, Rome and the Celts on a small map that may, or may not, be continents. Our AI friends all have Ancient Era UU and I may say that it will be slaughterfestivity as far as I am concerned. Tubs chose our civs and he picked Russia and Otto for their cav units. This game will probably not get to that stage.

Start:

76.98KB

(excuse for the poor quality, I could only upload .GIF for some F-ing reason. IIRC from a year ago uploading JPEG was also ok. Please tell me how I can fix that, it will certainly improve spoilah-quality!)

Ok, I setled on the spot. Au contraire to Tubs who could not resist the cow. I chose to grab the extra turn. I will build a scout, research is set to alpha/25 turns.

Demographs:

146.8KB

Will update as regularly as I can.

Oh and hail to Beorn who made the map:
Old 30-05-2007, 22:33   #2
Kemal

Nice to see you back writing spoilahs KR, looks good for a start, only one tiny mistake so far, line 2 words 19 to 22...

Good luck in the game.
Old 30-05-2007, 22:50   #3
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Nice to see you back writing spoilahs KR, looks good for a start, only one tiny mistake so far, line 2 words 19 to 22...

Good luck in the game.
I'm with stupid.

What level's this. Demi or deity?
Old 14-06-2007, 22:37   #4
Kingreno

Emperor, as mentioned in line 3 somewhere.

Game progresses a bit, but at a slower pace.

I got no luck from Goody huts.

173.06KB

There was one in the south which gave 25 gold, the one I popped in the north gave a warrior. The lands seem unfriendly and I will need to work hard to get some form of production up. The only bonus thusfar is the cow near the capitol. I will send the north scout east to check for a suitable second city location.
Old 15-06-2007, 23:03   #5
Kingreno

A few turns later my luck changed and I got a village from a hut. A setles would have been a lot better but not complaining at all.

118.91KB

My second scout also reveiled the nearest AI, "mighty" Carthage. When looking at the demographs:

55.59KB

The main news here being that Carthage after 15 turns is still at size 1. Tubby managed to get to size 3 before me but since he is on zero growth now he must have missed quite a lot of commerce and shields compared to me. I have a settler in 2, and I am curious to see when Constantinople will build it's setller.

Old 15-06-2007, 23:18   #6
Kingreno

Hmm...

I just went to size 3 and the villagers in my cap are not unhappy...

I am affraid we are playing on Regent level...

But the show goes on, I popped a hut near Hannibal for CB and when I met Hanibal I traded:

84.26KB

Bear in mind I am only one turn from Alpha at this trade. After the telling Hani to start his ass on the pyramids asap it's now on to writing, in 18.
Old 15-06-2007, 23:54   #7
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno
... I am affraid we are playing on Regent level...
It seems that you do indeed. Does it say Regent when you load the save? It still can sometimes say Emperor but actually be on Regent.
Old 16-06-2007, 09:19   #8
Kingreno

It indeed says regent and IIRC (it has been a while...) that does reflect the actual level...
Old 30-07-2007, 20:50   #9
Kingreno

Time for an update.

Turn 37, play delayed a few tims due to Holiday commitments.

The map:

167.41KB

The city in the north was a found city from a goody hut, it produces 1 worker every 10 turns and commits one beaker for science per turn. The second city is the best location near my capitol though not very good by any standard. Carthage is still only one city, and for now the weakest AI. They have the Wheel, whilst I am up Mytsicism and just discovered writing; Philo in 11 turns. The capitol just completed it's granary.
As I expect to get to philo first, I will probably pick Map making and build a galley asap, then I will load it with 2 archers and head for Tubby just for the fun.

Minimap and demographics:

5.98KB

90.99KB

Old 04-09-2007, 01:08   #10
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

It indeed says regent and IIRC (it has been a while...) that does reflect the actual level...
This is a real shame on me, fuck. I must have set the game difficulty to Emperor only in the game setting and not in the biq properties, or vice-versa.

There's several things I'd change if I could remake the whole thing but heh, gotta start somewhere I guess.

For the .gif issue, if you use a photobucket kind of site, you can just post a jpg in [IMG] tags.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote