Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 1
Home

Old 15-05-2006, 16:54   #81
Samson
Warlord

Since noone said play it, and only 3 people have played since I last did, I shall not play in an hour (but I still could if people say play).
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 16:58   #82
Shabbaman
Administrator

You have my seal of approval
Old 15-05-2006, 17:02   #83
grahamiam
Emperor

I'm fine with you picking it up Samson. Is bedhead ready to play next? if so, should we just restart at the top of the order?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 17:08   #84
socralynnek

It's ok for me, if you play samson.
And I have no problem starting at the top again...
Old 15-05-2006, 17:16   #85
Samson
Warlord

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

You have my seal of approval
Oh, OK then. It does not seem like there is much to decide right now, but here are my thoughts;

Production - Settler will finish soon with the forest chops. Pop out a warior to protect the next one then another settler? Use all the forest chops for the settler (with the switching within the turn).
Warior - Keep moving about looking for barbs (have we had barb wariors yet?). Make sure he is in a position to keep the setler safe.
Settler - 1.
Tech - AH MAY be finished at the end of my turns, if so then writing.
Workers - Keep chopping ATM. Send 1 down with the settler to improve either the copper or cows as soon as city founded. If I get a growth while making the warior then improve another tile. The other option would be a road to 1, giving faster movement of the settler and a trade route when it is founded (1 gpt) but I think it is not worth it now.

What tiles to improve - I THINK the grassland copper and the plains hill stone both give 5 hammers + food (power) whereas the cows give 6. So I guess I should improve the cows before the stone or copper. However the cows are further from the forests at Thebes and the copper is the priority for 1. Any thoughts?

Old 15-05-2006, 18:14   #86
Samson
Warlord

Got it. Any thoughts wellcome.
Old 15-05-2006, 18:29   #87
grahamiam
Emperor

I'm fine with another warrior before the next settler. We may have some bogies coming and it'll help. Plus, it'll only take us 6T to grow.

For the workers, you will not be able to improve the stone tile since we don't have Masonry. Grassland is 2f, 0h. Copper grass is 2f, 1h. Mining it gives you 3h, which is where I came up with 2f, 4h. I also agree with sending one of the workers to the W with the settler. Roading to get it there a turn or 2 faster is what I would do, but that's probably not optimal. For the worker near the capitol, moving it 2T to the cow should be fine, and it'll be 2T to get back to a forest, no matter what happens.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 18:37   #88
Samson
Warlord

Bit of news. A barb warior appeared to the south on the turn the settler is ready. Couple of decisions;

I think the barb will go for cathy if we let him. I think they go for the civ with the highest score. If we put a city at 1 then we will have to kill him. I am sure the settler can get past the barb without him meeting it.
The settler finished with 20 hammers left over, and there is a forest coming this turn. I had planned to leave it on settler this turn and then change to warior to allow it to grow. I could build another warior this turn and then get back on the settler.

Any thoughts? I shall leave the game a few minutes for anyone to reply.

149.47KB
Old 15-05-2006, 19:02   #89
Samson
Warlord

2590 - Alls well.

2560 - Warior S, 1 forest done

2530 - Warior SE, not good, leaves loads more fog. Worker N.

2500 - Warior NW, Worker start chop, other worker W. Forest grows NE of 3.

IBT - Welthiest Civs, Cathy 3, Hayua 4, CDZ 7.

2470 - Warior N, Worker start chop.

2440 - Warior S

2410 - Warior N,

2380 - Warior S, forest chopped

2350 - Settler finished. 20 overflow, so started on Settler. Barb warior appears in south. I reakon I can handle it, so move settler + worker towards 1. Forest chopped. Warior moved towards Barb.

2320 - Settler + worker still on route, warior onto forested hill next to barb. Thebes changed to warior. Worker onto last forest.

IBT - Wariour kills barb warior, 1.1 health, 2 exp.

2290 - Settler + worker still on route, warior towards 1. Worker started chop then canceled. This I do every turn so I do not forget to change build to settler.

No screen shot as nothing new to see (just a few less forests).

Save at http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/ci....Civ4SavedGame.

[EDIT] Thought I would add some points;

I think a mine on grassland gives fewer hammers than on on a hill. I think a mined grassland copper will only be 3 hammers.
You can mine a stone hill and get loads of hammers. I think it is the same as a quarryed one, but no commerce. Of course it is a waste of worker turns, but ofen worth it if you are not going to be getting masonarry any time soon.

Talking of which, are we going for the pyramids?

Old 15-05-2006, 20:52   #90
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Nice play!

I checked copper on grass in another sav and there it gives 2f4h when mined (actually in 4OTM2, Lizzy. Playing this for practising). Hard to form a sound opinion about a Pyr run. If build it is extremely powerful but I have no experience how eager the AI is.

bed-head is up (he posted earlier he can play today), I'm on deck.

I made a seperate city placement thread in this forum btw.

Edit:

The worker is 2/2 xp now, I would normally go for Woodman but I guess this warrior isn't going to see a lot of wood in that desert tile. Go for the 10% strength?