Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 15-09-2005, 14:38   #31
Tubby Rower

Ok I started this thing and forgot we were playing Accelerated Production. I adjusted my spreadsheet and now need advice on which way to go.

starting location

Which way should I go?

Safer start

Early settler
Old 15-09-2005, 14:43   #32
grahamiam
Emperor

#1, you need a military unit, just to be safe. i forgot about AC as well
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 15:05   #33
Tubby Rower

Ok. I figured that that one would work better. After posting them, I saw that I get my 3rd settler out on turn 19 in #1 & turn 20 in #2.

Do you need a spreadsheet for AP or not?

Also how can you delete attachments over here at CDZ?
Old 15-09-2005, 17:33   #34
grahamiam
Emperor

not sure how to delete attachments. if you want, you can just email me the AC SS. I'll take a look at it later, not sure I'll use it but I might need to to get this stuff straight
Old 15-09-2005, 17:52   #35
Tubby Rower

Sent to your yahoo address. I filled it our a little based off of what your screenie showed.
Old 23-09-2005, 13:18   #36
Tubby Rower

Gram, I don't know what happened.... My capital grew to 2 even before the other two AGR teams. I irrigated my cow. The IND worker must do things at 2x the speed instead of 1.5x. I swear I did nothing. My spread sheet said that I should have had 7 food in the box this turn but I swear that I did nothing. Can someone else check on this? All I did was download the save and start it up and boom I had 2 pop. This was a little worrysome because I had to re-arrange my spreadsheet and enter in numbers manually. I'm at a lost of what to say or do. I finished playing the turns and sent it on to Rik.
Old 23-09-2005, 14:34   #37
grahamiam
Emperor

TR, you have to remember, that you worker actions complete on the turn before they do in single player. So, if you click on your worker, and it says "2T to completion", that means that the work will be done when you hit the spacebar, and you get the benefits if your citizens are working that tile. Your worker will be frozen next turn, and then will be able to move the turn after.

So, if the Persians take 3T to irrigate a tile, they will recieve the benifit at the end of the 2nd turn.
Old 23-09-2005, 14:53   #38
grahamiam
Emperor

this also means you can get the benefits of roads in 1 turn as well as mines if you use 2 workers. However, in pbems, as IND trait civ's, I try to avoid stacking workers early as improvements are layed down so fast that it's a waste.
Old 06-10-2005, 17:11   #39
Tubby Rower

OK I grew to pop 3 first again....This is weird since I'm the last person... I'm slowing my growth to get the granary up quicker. Which was in the original plan.

I think that my king is a bit far away, so I'm thinking of bringing him back

I have spices withing my capital's radius now. I also spotted some dyes 1S-1SW of where my king is now

101.22*KB
Old 06-10-2005, 17:33   #40
Tubby Rower

I forgot to mention that I'm average militarily with everyone except Mistfit and I'm weak against him.... I have just my king, & a spear.