Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Front Page News
Home

Old 22-10-2009, 10:35   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default New Civ game coming to... Facebook?

Apparently Sid Meier is aiming for a domination victory. In an attempt to get even more people addicted to civ, or, depending on your view, waste even more of our precious time, he announced a new Civ game specifically for Facebook:

Quote:
I wanted to let you know we'll soon be looking for beta testers to help us develop a unique new way to play Civilization. Ever since we finished Civilization® Revolution™ last year, I've been looking at ways of expanding the Civ gameplay experience to include solo, competitive and cooperative play to take advantage of the uniqueness of social networks. We're calling this project Civilization® Network™ and the full game will be available next year on Facebook. Civilization Network will allow you to join together with your friends to create the world's most powerful, richest, smartest, or just plain coolest civilization. You can coordinate your strategy to win great battles, share your technology to jump ahead of your rivals, lobby your family and friends to form your own government and win vital elections, manage and grow your cities to maximize production and happiness, spy on your enemies, and work with your friends to create the great Wonders of the World. The game will offer everything you enjoy in Civ in a fully persistent environment - you can play as much as you like, whenever you like, and it'll be free to play.
Now, I just had a serious "wait, wut?" moment. But after reading it it just sounded like "civ" slapped on top of something like Travian.

As seen on Kotaku.
Old 22-10-2009, 12:48   #2
Matrix
Administrator

I'm very curious in what this will bring!

I'm playing a game on Facebook already: Mafia Wars. They've got a funny applet with which you can easily make online programs, like quizzes and other games. And one company in particular has taken the opportunity to make some good and elaborate games to make money.
Old 22-10-2009, 16:28   #3
Robi D
King

Sounds interesting, definately be checking it out.

Actually when it does come out maybe we should do a cdz page on facebook to tie in with it, maybe get a few more playing the real thing here

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 16:46   #4
Shabbaman
Administrator

That's not a bad idea. Although then I'd have to get a Facebook page.
Old 22-10-2009, 21:00   #5
Socrates
Emperor

I'm puzzled about this news. I'm pretty sure this is just a way to attract many more people to the Civ world by buzz, and it'll just be a simplified version of the game applied to a persistent environment. Too much time to lose there (I remember Travian requiring way too much attention all the freaking time). And I don't want to touch Facebook apps.

But of course I'm curious about the project (just to please Matrix ).

BTW, any people here on Facebook ?