Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Front Page News
Home

Old 09-06-2009, 10:24   #21
Shabbaman
Administrator

But they need better graphics to cover up that they made a crappy game. It's easy to say "ditch the 3d", but that would mean they'd have to go back to old civ-engines or develop a new one. One of the reasons they made the game 3d is that all graphics engines currently are 3d-engines. I think making the game 3d is cheaper than making it 2d.

That is, if you build the game from scrap. They don't have to build the game from scrap, of course. Considering the recent experience they have with civ4 it makes sense to build on civ4 instead of civ3 (or earlier). It should be a lot easier than making civ4 as well, so hopefully they can focus on stuff that matter.
Old 09-06-2009, 13:41   #22
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Sorry, but I think it's just a bit silly to be an active member of a Civ-fansite and not even care about a new version of Civ. What brought you here then?
Must be the reason then why I am not that active here anymore...

Will I buy Civ5? Probably not. Maybe I'll follow Shabba's lead, or maybe I won't play it at all... I don't know yet...