Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > Civ4 SGOTM 2
Home

Old 29-11-2006, 15:26   #511
socralynnek

Cool! If you two are back, we might even get this done, btw, samson or darkness, any interest in joining SGOTM3?
Old 29-11-2006, 18:09   #512
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hope you had a nice holiday

I guess I'm going to play a couple of turns tonight, not sure. I was working late today, I have to start at half past five in the morning tomorrow, followed by fourteen hours of work... with a similar day friday. Please kill me.
Old 30-11-2006, 10:24   #513
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Cool! If you two are back, we might even get this done, btw, samson or darkness, any interest in joining SGOTM3?
With the same caveat as Shabba...

I'd like to join, but RL will really restrain my playing opportunities for the next few months. I might be able to do a turnset now and then, but I can not promise regular activity.
Old 30-11-2006, 14:09   #514
Samson
Warlord

I have just had a look at the save, and I think there is some need for power. Eg. in Kagoshima there is no power plant, 3 enginneers, an unmined hill and a 8 food surplus. It is building a tank which will be ready in 9 turns. What I would do;

Let it grow by 1 while puttign as many workers as possible building the mine and workshops. With the 1 extra pop I reakon that should get the base production up to 38 (from 20). It should build the coal plant in 4 or 5 turns. It can then build a grocer in 3 turns. It will then have an adjusted production of 76 (at the moment it is 30).

I have not looked in detail at the other cities, but I did not see many power icons on the main screen. I could take it today (any time now) but I would want to change our build priorities a lot. I could leave it as it is if that is how the team want to play it.

I would also build more planes. They are very powerfull in taking cities and in naval warfare.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 11:07   #515
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Quote:

darkness?
I can take it thursday night, so anyone who wants to squeeze in a few turns before that can go right ahead...
Sorry guys! RL intervened last night. I'll try tonight...
Old 01-12-2006, 12:47   #516
Samson
Warlord

I could still play anytime, but I do not want to change lots of build and worker priorities without someone else agreeing. What do you think about building a load of power plants and probably workshops?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:50   #517
Tubby Rower

I wouldn't wholesale switch, but 50% switch would be fine with me. We still need a steady supply of troops to kill everyone in the world
Old 01-12-2006, 16:13   #518
socralynnek

samson, I don't agre with you in general. Germans don't have Tanks and I want to hit them before they get them, that's why I prioritized Tanks over Plants. If we hit them with Tanks vs Inf we don't need no bombers there, although they would surely help. It won't help us building up forever and never strike. But at east if you'd play and changing stuff it might be better than no play at all...
Old 01-12-2006, 16:39   #519
Samson
Warlord

Quote:

samson, I don't agre with you in general. Germans don't have Tanks and I want to hit them before they get them, that's why I prioritized Tanks over Plants. If we hit them with Tanks vs Inf we don't need no bombers there, although they would surely help. It won't help us building up forever and never strike. But at east if you'd play and changing stuff it might be better than no play at all...
I know what you are saying. We have a good stack of units and to not use them now is a waste. However, with my example Kagoshima as it is now we get a tank in 9 turns. With my plan we finish the coal plant and grocer in 8 turns, and then a tank in around 4 turns, so we get the 1st tank only 3 tutns later (possibly 4, I have only done a rough calculation) and the second ~2 turns sooner. I think this is worth the delay in the first one.

If we go to war, we will need some reenforcements. The main reason I would want a few planes is for the navel war (fighter are good for that). With the cheap upgrades the AI gets I would expect to have a good few destroyers coming our way, and without planes to make sure we win just about every battle we could easily lose control of the seas.

The other consideration is do we want any techs after radio or do we just spend the money on rushing stuff like coal plants, and troops in our HE city?
Old 01-12-2006, 16:45   #520
socralynnek

I'm fine with switching to some plants where it is really helpful.

I have too less experience with modern warfare, probably we can get em all without any further techs after Radio but MechInf and ModArmor would really be nice if possible.