Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 12-03-2005, 09:41   #41
Kemal

I was wondering, I know the TS of a team works with decimals behind the comma, i.e you can have "low composed" or "high composed" TS.... but is the precise value also used to calculate the effect on the midfield, so that a "high irritated" TS and a "very low composed" TS have almost the same effect on your team, or is it so that irritated and composed give the same bonus whatever their exact value?
Old 12-03-2005, 10:01   #42
yndy
Prince

I guess so, but I wonder if there is a way to tell for sure.

Decimals are calculated in midfield ratings as there are matches where midfield ratings are "weak very low" vs "poor very high" and posession is 50%-50% where it should be 52% - 48%.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:07   #43
Kemal

Okay thanks yndy, I'll just hope that this is the case then, since my 3 last pleasant(!) buys have all resulted in a drop of TS, which means that 1 day before the crunch match vs emmen I know face an irritated TS... and 2 of those 3 buys had been forced replacement buys due to injuries.. the Devs really have pushed those anti-DT measures too far imho..
Old 15-03-2005, 01:11   #44
Dell19
King

In terms of TSI what are the different levels of skill worth relative to each other?

Does a solid skill have roughly twice as much influence as a passable skill

So: Wretched, poor, weak, passable, solid would look like:
1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32.

Or is something completely different? Anyone want to make a best guess?
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 07:36   #45
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Another silly question for the experts: Is there any way to search for leadership? Let's say I want a solid keeper with at least passable leadership? Does Supporter allow these kinds of searches?
Old 15-03-2005, 12:12   #46
Schip

@Dell: I don't think anybody can say anything about that. The problem with TSI is that a lot of factors are influencing it, which makes it impossable to break down. Except for keepers. Maybe some keeper-training community did some research on this. I never read anything about the difference in TSI for different levels. One of the problems is that you can never tell if you are comparing the same players.

@akots: no there is not. Supporter does not provide any fundamental advantage, it does give you nice stats and bookmark possibilities. But the games functions are the same for every one. If your looking for leadership I'm afraid you have to click through to the players page. I remember this being raised at the Dutch conference once, though the GM's state it would be impossible because the leadership is stored differnetly than the other player charcteristics. It is not seen as a skill, but more as a quality.
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 14:59   #47
yndy
Prince

Furhter to Schip's comments, TSI does not increase linearly with the skill so if you are training a guy from excellent to formidable in a skill his TSI will increase more than if you are training a similar guy from solid to excellent. Form should be exactly the same. I don't know of somebody who has broken the TSI formula but I'm sure there are people who can guess pretty good if a player is 'high' or not in his main skill.
Old 15-03-2005, 15:16   #48
Dell19
King

There are skill traders so there must be a certain understanding of the numbers. Basically with the assumptions that I made I had my players that popped to excellent near the top but several players that had just popped to solid were in the middle of the bunch rather than at the bottom.
Old 23-03-2005, 20:57   #49
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

45.36KB

There supposed to be no bying coaches in HT?!?!

The guy who had bet 600K will probably win since higher bids are not allowed. Or will it be different?
Old 23-03-2005, 21:05   #50
Dell19
King

He isn't a coach yet.

How do you find these future coaches?