Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > grs' forum
Home

Old 12-02-2005, 16:29   #21
grs
The Nameless One

Some turns later in 310BC:

77.13*KB

117.17*KB

Yes, I have taken Athens and Delphi, got a great leader razing Thermopylae and rushed the Forbidden Palace with it. I am prebuilding for Leo's and will skip knights and aim for cavalry.

Banzai now has The Great Lighthouse and took the Pyramids from the Inca and is building Sun Tzu's atm.
Old 12-02-2005, 19:59   #22
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Will this turn into a two vs 2 alliance?

Or a 2 vs 1 vs 1 alliance?

Athens with FP and MoM should be a happy productive spot
Old 14-02-2005, 03:23   #23
grs
The Nameless One

My 11th elite win gave me my 2nd MGL and though I so not know what to do with him right now, that is great news!

Quote:
quote: Will this turn into a two vs 2 alliance?

Or a 2 vs 1 vs 1 alliance?
I do not have the slightest idea. Romeo killed off the Byzantines, but Matrix...he still has his capital between 2 and 4 pop and while I can imagine he needs 6 turns in any way to get 20 food there - maybe saying to himself: "I can get that few shields even at small size" - he misses every opportunity to slot in a warrior or an improvement and most importantly a lot of uncorrupted commerce each turn. I have never seen a competitive player do such a thing

The -men overtakes me in any aspect of the game and I guess I'll have to live with that. I do not know if he has a FP yet, but Athens will be a killer. It is size 2 but already has the FP, a granary and +5fpt and with the MoM I can let it grow like I like. I am currently building the HG in Antium, my 2nd best city till Athens will be bigger. I am quite sure that is not in Banzai's interest, but I need to pull the blanket a bit more to my side.
Old 29-03-2005, 12:14   #24
grs
The Nameless One

It is 280AD now. We all have contact with another and this is the minimap.

9.9*KB
Diplo - none. There is probably no alliance between Matrix and Romeo, their tech advantage differs too much, maybe a non-agression pact.

Romeo had an RoP with the Dutch which he let run out some turns ago - guess we all know what that means.

Eastern alliance techs (Banzai also has Metallurgy, which I will get when I want it):

101.79*KB

Romeo: down Astronomy, Chemistry and Economics and up Music Theory
Matrix: down Monarchy, Engineering and Theology
William: down Chemistry and Economics

Wonders:
me: SoZ, MoM, Wall, Leo's and prebuilds for Newton's (quite sure) and Bach's (will be close)
Banzai: Pyramids, Lighthouse, SunTzu, Copernikus and a prebuild for Smiths
Romeo: KT and building Sistine's (he probably has many temples!?)
Dutch: HG, Colossus, Oracle, ToA and buildings Sistine's too
Matrix: none

Demographics:

78.54*KB
Old 05-04-2005, 15:43   #25
grs
The Nameless One

Matrix has declared war on the Dutch and a few turns later Romeo joined. They have formed a formal ingame MA vs. the Dutch - whatever this is for between 2 humans!? Matrix is having a hard time against the Dutch as he wrote in the open thread - AFAIK he has only taken one city yet.

In between Romeo, Banzai, the Dutch and my Romans are chasing for the 600 shield wonders. Romeo and The Dutch have been building the Sistine Chapel for a long time (and Romeo recently switched his one to Bach's). Banzai is close to finishing Smith's and I have a palace prebuild 5 turns short of the 600 shield mark. By agreement Banzai will go for Smith's and I will go for Bach's. If my old info on Amsterdam is still valid, the Dutch can't beat me to any wonder, but Romeo is building his one in an inland city we can't inspect. It may even be the case that he will try to switch to Smith's, but he does not have Econonics yet. I already see myself either getting Sistine's (without planing for a single cathedral) or a 580 shield university
Old 09-04-2005, 17:58   #26
grs
The Nameless One

Turn 153 / 390AD

What a turn &

first the

23.03KB
I did not even know SGL are on!

The discovery of Navigation allows me to buy a map from the Dutch:

54.47KB

the new minimap:

15.6KB

but then

111.91KB

112.38KB

I can fallback to the Sistine Chapel (not an option) or Smith's (agreed with Banzai he would get it). So basically I will get the 200 shield university.

Some other interesting observations:

Romeo, while having at least 2 iron and salpeter, misses horses. He can get them from the Dutch close to his southern border though.

36.95KB

Both Dutch towns in his north are settled next to a furs resource, which Romeo misses.

43.98KB

Matrix has no iron visible for me. He has one town out of my view on the southwestern one of the two isle he settled. It probably will hold his iron.

52.38KB

While playing the turn and writing this, I had a chat with Banzai. He basically agreed about me claiming Hoover's and him taking The Universal Suffrage. He feels very strong to me
Quote:
quote:"[16:48] Banzai: i see no reason to attack you.. we are working together just fine"
"[16:48] Banzai: romeo is a much bigger threat"
and while he is far stronger than I am, I only consider Romeo bigger. I still have the MGL -> cav. army and the SGL -> Hoover's.
Old 20-04-2005, 14:59   #27
grs
The Nameless One

480AD / turn 163

The invasion of the other continent has started:

The Germans and Celts obviously work together now; Matrix has been gifted many techs to reach the Industial Ages faster and get his free tech. They still struggle very hard against the Dutch. Meanwhile Banzai and I have met in the ocean to land troops next to Entremont and Alesia. This turn I have declared war on the Celts and Banzai will do so too.

The stack contains: Army (3 vet. cavs), 5 vet. cavs, 4 vet. AC, 3 elite legions.

106.71KB

I also sent 4 vet AC towards Lauwersoog - they could not join the main stack in time and it will force him to split troops or let me take the city, which was formerly a Dutch one.

71.47KB

Our goal is "to raze a few core cities" as Banzai put it. That should be at least Alesia (Forbidden Palace), Entremont (Palace, Knights Templar), Lugdunum (Bach's). My secondary goal is to keep my cav army alive of course and to fish for another MGL with the 3 elite legions. I also will use up my soon obsolete ACs to free unit support for cav and the soon to have infantries.

We now have researched Steam, Medicine and Electricity. Banzai will do Sci. Method or Rep. Parts next (depending on his ToE prebuild) while I will do Industialization. The Celts and Germans still miss Metallurgy to enter the Industial Ages plus Military Tradition, Navigation and Economics.
Old 21-04-2005, 14:25   #28
grs
The Nameless One

I took Alesia and destroyed Lauwersoog as expected (and as you can read in the open thread). Romeo has made peace with the Dutch and signed them to a MA vs Banzai and me and the Dutch did declare. I did not get war happiness from their declaration though. The faces in my towns did not change since last turn (yes I moved the lux slider once back and forth) and I also can't see it from counting the faces. Can anyone explain this to me?

79.11KB
No market, no temple, lux (temporarily) to zero, no ww. I count 1 content face (emperor) + 5 luxes = 3 happy faces and that's what the picture shows. No war happiness for me, why?

Old 21-04-2005, 19:39   #29
Pastorius
Custard used tile

There is a set of graphics that displays nationality mood badges @ CFC. Faster than clicking them all...
Old 21-04-2005, 20:01   #30
grs
The Nameless One

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

There is a set of graphics that displays nationality mood badges @ CFC. Faster than clicking them all...
Yes, aeh, I thought that is what I use; I do not click them all.
Sorry, I guess your comment is helpfull, but I don't get it.