Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > grs' forum
Home

Old 21-01-2005, 02:14   #11
grs
The Nameless One

Turn 75 (1125BC) - and a very important one.

The setup was that I had to trade what Banzai and I had researched for the AI techs. And it went quite well. More important was the proposal I wanted to make to him about dividing the Greek lands. It is probably the easiest to just add a copy of my mail here, since it is straightforward and I do not plan to break our agreement, nor do I think I take the bigger part of the cake with it. It just takes him to trust me in advance.

Quote:
quote:Hi Sander,

I traded CoL, Horseback and Currency to Greece for Construction. Alex had no gold to add to the deal. After that I gave Construction, Currency and CoL to the Incas for Map Making, Mysticism and 55gold. That was the highest gold we could get; they still have 16 gold left. Alex wanted an arm and a leg for Construction, but Map Making was surprisingly cheap for a monopoly tech. I guess the 2nd hand value of Construction made it. We are now up Mysticism and Map Making on Alex and have tech parity with Pachacuti.

You will have the most valuable (in beakers) tech of the AA soon and we only miss Polytheism to enter the next age. I am quite sure the Inca are already researching it and maybe Alex switched to it too. So I will start Literature, due in 12 atm. Together with Republic it may buy us at least a part of a medieval tech. I sent you Currency, Construction and 50 gold accepted. I can send you Mysticism and Map Making, but I could keep it for a later trade. Just tell me if you want the techs now and I will send them next turn. I will need Republic immediately once when you get it. I keept my cities small and will revolt immediately, since I want to attack Greece as soon as possible and obviously I will get my GA then and I don't want that in Despotism. The same is probaly true for you - with all respect.

I used almost all my cash for an embassy in Athens - have a laugh:

Size 5, the only improvement is the SoZ, only 2 reg. hoplites. Athes makes +2fpt, 8spt, 11cpt and is running 100% science. It will complete the MoM in 18.

About the war with Greece (as soon as we can start it): Alex has 7 cities and it is improbable he will settle more, since he has to clear marsh or settle very tight, which the AI does not do often. At most he will found one SE of Pharsalos. I know that this is asking something in advance but:

I have no use for any Incan city and we will very probably attack them after Greece. I will surely help you conquering them and try to fish for a leader too. Ok...so far the easy part...now the more difficult one: I ask you for an agreement about who will get which parts of Greece and I ask for getting most of it for myself. The reason is obvious, but I know that you could use this territory too. Sadly I do not know all cities by name, but this is what I propose:

There is a Greek town far in the nw of Athens near the Incan border. This is next to a mountain and west of the mountain are bananas. I would like to draw a line from the bananas through the mountains 3 nw of Thermopylae to the coastal tile s, sw of Delphi so that Thermopylae and the city 5 se of it lie on your side and Athens, Delphi, Pharsalos, the dyes towns and the town near the bananas where I started this long journey are on my side and this will roughly serve as our border no matter how we relocate the Greek cities or where we found additional ones. In this plan Greece will be completely eliminated we can gift them to the middle ages before that if we really want that - they have no iron yet.

This is not only to secure me a fair share of our continet, but also to strengthen out alliance with a mutually agreed border.

I hope this proposal is agreeable to you. Please take your time to consider it, I spent some time to balance it at best I could see.

Christian
This is the border I describe by words, since we cannot trade maps yet.

93.6KB

Since I was doing some shots, I can add the relevant information about the Roman Empire in 1125BC.

Lands:

111.68KB

Tech:

82.38KB

Demographics:

26.4KB

Despite what they look like, I consider them excellent, regarding a) 4 agricultural opponents b) I am gaining on Matrix on Romeo since some turns.
Old 25-01-2005, 12:04   #12
grs
The Nameless One

Turn 81 (975BC): We now have all required AA techs + Republic and both revolted. I delayed it for one turn by accidently not trading techs to Banzai . In 1000BC he exchanged Republic for Polytheism with the Inca and we all 3 entered the MA. Greece still misses Mysticism, Poly and both goverments and has nothing to offer atm.

I drew 5 turns of anarchy; so quite what was expected. I will need no 1-turn-riots and still have no towns starving, since 2 luxes are connected and no town is above size 6. The Inca revolted with us.
Old 25-01-2005, 12:14   #13
Kingreno

Dit Banzai accept the allianceproposal and if so, will you invade the other island together?
Old 25-01-2005, 12:40   #14
grs
The Nameless One

Yep, he did accept it. Our next plans are to invade Greece and then the Incas. We could get the SoZ (Athens - me) and the Pyramids (Cuzco - Banzai). We did not talk about any further plans yet. If all goes well, I would like to invade the other continent with him, but as far as we know, we will need at least astronomy to get there.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:13   #15
grs
The Nameless One

510BC (turn 101): War with Greece will start next turn. I will gift them to the MA and add Republic and attack then.

my stack (in Pompeii):

52.76KB

my wall:

104.56KB

my Statue and my Mausoleum:

101.29KB
Old 07-02-2005, 21:57   #16
grs
The Nameless One

Ok lets have a look again before I do something stupid.

Athens

104.26KB

Sparta

96.05KB

Pharsalos

93.38KB

Mycenae

85.6KB

Looks doable.

Alex gets republic for all his 33 gold and he revolts immediately (and yes - I mean during my turn). Excuse me if this is common knowledge, but I was surprised when I saw that for the first time. I gift Alex to the middle ages, hoping he won't get Feudalism as Bazai will get that from the Incas - he gets engineering. Besides that his ACs will be able to reach me more easily that's very good news.

Talk to Alex for a third time (he is polite now) and declare war - he seems surprised .
Old 07-02-2005, 21:57   #17
grs
The Nameless One

I move in and pass the turn to Banzai - awaiting Alex' attack.

94.9KB

Sparta: 5 legions
Pharsalos: 4 legions
Mycenae: 4 legions
Athens: 5 legions, 1 archer, 6 catapults
Old 07-02-2005, 21:57   #18
grs
The Nameless One

Alex killed 1 legion and lost the AC from Pharsalos. 3 legions are wounded, two of them were promoted to elite.

I attack Sparta first - take it with The Great Wall, attack Pharsalos and Mycenae and easily raze them. The stack stays and kills 2 ACs (bombarded to red) and leaves the last redlined one, not to split itself. Reinforcement substitue garrisons and who in turn reinforce the attack force.

118.65KB
Old 07-02-2005, 21:57   #19
grs
The Nameless One

The last AC vanished. I guess it moved to Athens, as I do not think it impaled itself on a fully healed legion. Reinfocements substituted the garrisons which in return joined the attack force. If the catapults do their work I may attack Athens next turn, if not 2 more legions join the main stack the turn after.

Two new towns were founded for the razed ones in better locations. I took a risk and moved 6 legions to Sparta to quell resisters. Oh and Alex shows me he still has a single reg warrior as an attack force. It is 3e of my lookout warrior.

121.69KB
Old 07-02-2005, 22:03   #20
Pastorius
Custard used tile

You ve taken Sparta already, no?