Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 07-01-2004, 14:22   #21
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Thanks for clarifying this Yndy

Also should we assume that teams on the left in the above list are the Home teams and the right are away teams?

Melifluous
Yes Meli, and yes you're the only one to play two international friendlies at home during the first three rounds.

During next rounds the team with most victories and goal difference will play home.
Old 12-01-2004, 19:56   #22
Cruise

I will join next time,

i was on ski holiday when this idea came up
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004, 09:02   #23
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cruise

I will join next time,

i was on ski holiday when this idea came up
I wish I had a ski holiday too

You could have challanged Matrix as he does not have any friendly for this week. But I saw that you scheduled one so that's not an option.

You could still join from the next round and give Matrix a 5-0 win against you for not showing up this round. It's basically for fun so scores are not that important. Let us know of your decision.
Old 14-01-2004, 00:22   #24
Bootstoots

Shabba should have an easy victory...I'm playing with my B team using an unfamiliar formation (they haven't tried 3-5-2 yet).
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 01:57   #25
Schip

He Mel, congratulations. You lucky bastard. I injured my best player last sunday, which screwed up my tactics. I should have carried the 0-2 home, if I hadn't lined up so much young players. Anyway, that's the drawback to training and friendly's, I think my competition is more important now (shared 1e place). No excuses however, I'll kick your bud next time

congrats, Schip
Schip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 10:18   #26
Melifluous
Administrator

Luck?

HaHa that was skill. I think I'll copy and paste the match report here for other people to read. Also that was my best team and the bad news for me is that my injured striker is now out for 6 WEEKS!! [] OMFG! Ho hum time to start training my team in the use of 3-5-2

View game: HT Live
Date: 1/13/2004 at 21.00
MatchID: 13671894
Arena: Melis Manglers Arena
Crowd: 603

603 spectators had come to Melis Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Venkataraman, Bryan - Knell, Hornabrook, Alistair, MacLise - Hunt, Verspoor, Greenwood.

Acorazado had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Poffers - Kal, van Haaften, Meessen - Grondman, Geijtenbeek, Hoekstra, van der Tempel, Borgerink - Emin, Berg.

Manglers mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle. Acorazado saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 21st minute allowed Kelvin van der Tempel to score 0 - 1 for Acorazado. In the games 23rd minute Thijs Geijtenbeek nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. In the 24:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Keimpe Berg finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. In the games 27:th minute Manglers´s Joseph MacLise fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Joseph MacLise for taking a dive. Manglers's Ed Knell scored 1 - 2 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. Acorazado came close to extending their lead as Thijs Geijtenbeek delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 2. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

After 51 minutes of play Richard Alistair equalised for Manglers after an elegant attack from the right. After 79 minutes Manglerss Steve Hunt had to be carried off on a stretcher in agony. Oskar Rouvé came in instead of him. Several players now looked tired, especially Frank Kal who quite horribly caused the 3 - 2 goal as he lost the ball to Alan Hornabrook of Manglers, who seemed to have some energy left. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 84 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Jari Poffers made a spectacular save. A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 85 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manglers. However, Jari Poffers made a spectacular save. Acorazado appeared unsure on how to play. The home side failed to add to their score as David Spreadbury shot a penalty wide in the 88:th minute. Alan Hornabrook of Manglers received a yellow card in the 88:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Walsh Greenwood. Oskar Rouvé on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Acorazado player was Frank van Haaften. Falko Borgerink was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 2.

And the players stats...

Meli's Manglers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: weak

Acorazado Fuerte
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: weak

Bring on Sticla T-veni

Melifluous

It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 10:20   #27
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

After my incredible serie of losses I'm weak in the knees already for tonight.

Hopefully that plane ride and our under construction stadium will tire Yndy's troops.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 11:13   #28
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bootstoots

Shabba should have an easy victory...I'm playing with my B team using an unfamiliar formation (they haven't tried 3-5-2 yet).
Thanks for the info
But I haven't won a friendly yet this season... The only good thing about tonight's match is that I have to first team regulars ready for the game... since they both got a red card last match they can't play this weekend anyway
Old 14-01-2004, 12:37   #29
yndy
Prince

Here's a direct link to the cup page.
http://www.cupmanager.org/cup.php?nCupId=361

Also the site is now available in dutch as well.
ProPain, actually I have two first squad players in (or were they three?)
Old 14-01-2004, 22:12   #30
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

I won ?!?!?
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote