Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Dr Alimentado's forum
Home

Old 20-10-2003, 08:44   #71
Stapel
Emperor

Hehehehe! That looks nasty!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 08:47   #72
Aggie
Emperor

Killer, you said that anarres should respond with nukes (in the open thread). Looks like he didn't have them looking at the military advisor screenshot
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 09:06   #73
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

aggie, yes, I wanted to make a point about MAD - you have to make SURE that you also have a lot of nukes if your enemy builds them - or that the peace runs long enough for you to catch up.... in this case, there is no M in AD
Old 20-10-2003, 09:50   #74
Grille

Wow!

"10 gpt for each nuke NOT fired" (plus anarres could possibly gain some time to build up at least some 'MAD'-nukes then) looks rather very cheap compared to this devastation.

What's with unit losses on anarres side (F3-the day after)?

Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 09:52   #75
Aggie
Emperor

@Grille, I agree with you. DrA took some risks there! That F3-screen I want to see too!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 10:24   #76
Grille

DrA,
another question: you go commie (or monarchy)?
Switching from republic is probably a wise move, regarding the chances of collecting a lot of wwp now..

If ww works only half as effective as in SP games (), anarres is really fucked w/ all that cities being razed etc (plus being non-religious)...

Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 13:45   #77
DrAlimentado

I went Commie straight away - we actually had a bug at turn 273 which crashed the game until we re-declared war and instantly made peace - and I got full WW (50 - 70%) again then and now. There is some debate about whether I should have had it or not... turn 273 was 21 turns after we had previously made peace, but there is conflicting research about how WW decreases.

IIRC anarres still had the majority of his troops intact, - 20 or so mechs, I'll grab a shot next turn in the unlikely event this game goes on. He is unable to reach my troop stacks next turn , and I kept 3 nukes back just in case he is foolish enough to try and threaten my stacks of MA. I am pretty sure he will resign now Even though I am back to slow research he has no core at all... just 1 mega-city left (Uliastay) and I have disconnected a bunch of luxes to boot. I have also built temples in the former chinese bloc and got all the coastal tiles etc and am now just 30 tiles from a dom win!

As far as the peace offer goes, it was conditional on anarres dismantling his entire Military completely. I didn't think for a moment he would accept - but if he had then the second he built a single nuke (or any mil unit) I would have unleashed the storm! Removing my spy would have been interpreted as an act of war of course - call them US (United Spanish) weapons inspectors and you get the idea I am confident I could have outresearched him and outproduced him to SS. -400gpt would have hampered him even further.

Cynics and Mongol-sympathisers have said that the peace ultimatum was just for PR purposes - an unrealistic offer that the Mongls could never accept. They claim that it was done to sway domestic opinion into supporting an imperialist invasion of sovereign Mongol territory. These kind of Mongol-loving scum will always complain about shit, because they are self-hating and have a pathological hatred of the Glorious Spanish empire and the Spanish way of life. We made it clear if they loved the Mongols so much they were welcome to go live there - they have been silenced.

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 14:25   #78
digger760
King

good game DrA, looks like you will win...and you should win the picture count as well 71 images to 65 in Annares thread...thank god i can use broadband at work.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2003, 15:12   #79
DrAlimentado

Anarres has said he will fight on! He claims to have 130 MA - a lie! But we will destroy him whatever the case... Even if we went 1 for 1 I can replace troops and he can't

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 10:08   #80
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Nice game