Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Front Page News
Home

Old 15-05-2010, 18:06   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default Steam brings civ4 to Mac... for free

Steam is giving the Mac version of Civ4 (plus col2 and expansions) to those who already have the game on Steam. As the civ4 complete package was only 10 euros last week this would benefit a lot of people.

Quote:
Yesterday when we shipped Steam on the Mac, previous owners of the PC Steam version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, or Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition did not have access to their games when logging in on a Mac.

But as of now, upon logging into Steam, those owners will have access to the Mac version of their games, right in their Steam library.
Okay, there's nobody on this forum that'd interest this bit of news. I'm wondering how many people are actually affected by this, as you'd have the game on PC to begin with. The interesting bit is that I recently read that Steam will be expanding to Linux as well. I guess that would make running Windows games on Linux a lot easier.
Old 16-05-2010, 18:48   #2
Shabbaman
Administrator

Now, if you want to see a prominent retard errrr I mean Mac fanboy make a complete ass of himself over the release of Steam for the Mac, watch this