Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-01-2004, 06:57   #41
yndy
Prince

Bootstoots, that was a close game. Still there are rounds 4 and 5 for the teams that do not qualify. Check my post with matches above.
Old 22-01-2004, 07:54   #42
Shabbaman
Administrator

I lost my friendly with cruise 2-3, very close... I should have listed a defensive midfielder and a better winger.
Old 22-01-2004, 12:19   #43
yndy
Prince

So Cruise is in after all .

Edit: No, he's not, he already scheduled a game for next week so, Shabba you get a 5 - 0 win this time in the CDZ Cup.

Edit 28/01 (why add another post?):
Congrats ProPain for making it to the last qualifying spot. Remember guys, it's not over yet for anyone, only Schip has a week off but Meli and Bootstoots are to face each other nex week. Check the updated schedule on the previous page.
Old 28-01-2004, 18:19   #44
Matrix
Administrator

W00t! 5-1 victory.

I really didn't expect to win...anything.
Old 28-01-2004, 18:33   #45
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Well Matrix, we're gonna battle for the final next week. I strongly advise your supporters to wear warm clothes because the PP SV Arena tends to be empty and windy.

My win over Meli is actually based on a huge mistake on my part. I didnt realise the english friendlies were played on tuesday instead of wednesday. So when I logged on to change my line up.......I saw the match had been played already by my first squad

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004, 14:05   #46
Skyfish

at PP !
Old 04-02-2004, 09:55   #47
yndy
Prince

Bootstoots is the first to end his games in this opening edition of the CDZ Cup after yesterday's 2 - 4 loss against Meli.

Congrats, and we're waiting for you next HT - season for the second edition.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:02   #48
Shabbaman
Administrator

Fuck, why do matches in romania start this early! I couldn't even list my team... fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck... This means my first team is playing... I pray for "no injuries", and no major form loss for the reserve players...
Old 04-02-2004, 10:50   #49
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Sticla T-veni - Shabba FC 0 - 3

View game: HT Live
Date: 04-02-2004 at 10:00
MatchID: 13852919
Arena: Sticla T-veni Arena
Crowd: 1122

The crowd of 1122 turning up at Sticla T-veni Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Sticla started off with a 4-3-3 lineup. Lineup: Abolafio Martíne - Rădulescu, Spiridon, Tutuianu, Buzoianu - Jugănaru, Codreanu, Bănica - Stern, Nygĺrd, Timou.

Shabba started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Aupperlee - Geurden, Ramsaur, Geluk - Decker, de Maat, Couso, Romano, de Ruijsscher - Oorburg, Hamers.

Shabba had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 8:th minute when Jeremy Oorburg came up alone against Rubén Abolafio Martínez who managed a block. Shabba took the lead after 34 minutes with 0 - 1. Jeremy Oorburg placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Jeremy Oorburg increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

In the to 51st minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to Sticla´s Tyree Timou being carried off the pitch and replaced by Dumitru Gheorghe. After 53 minutes Muhamed Stern could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Pieter Aupperlee. Jeremy Oorburg was the first to reach the corner kick, but his header was saved by the keeper. However, Shabba´s Yair Romano managed to get hold of the rebound and scored the 0-3 goal. After this Shabba lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Shabba held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Sticla player was without a doubt Dumitru Gheorghe. However, Petrut Bănica made a disastrous appearance. Shabba´s best player was Sébastien Couso. However, Jeremy Oorburg made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 3.
Sorry Yndy. What team did you list? That were some really valuable players... A pity I couldn't list my "friendly" team, I had figured out a nice surprise for you. I don't know whether it'd work, but I thought you'd think I'd play 3-5-2. Obviously, I would, but with defensive wings and an offensive midfield, AIM. Would that've worked?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01   #50
yndy
Prince

I used my key goalie which is a bit out of form (he gets 3 stars in top shape) plus I had two of my best three defenders that could not play in the last match, plus three forward trainees that are close to solid scoring (you injured one), and my key midfielder, which is also a very good forward and plays as reserve in the Wednesday match to get some forward training from time to time.

Congratulations, it was a good game, I'm a little disappointed by my tactic that worked with Meli but not with you. I expected one or two goals this game. I guess you could have played 3-5-2 AIM to counter my 4-3-3 if you could get solid side defenses.

Edit: Matrix meets Shabbaman in the CDZ Cup Final;
Propain waits for me to visit him in the match for the third place;
Melifluous meets Schip to fight for the 5th place.