Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 21-10-2010, 12:19   #21
Shabbaman
Administrator

The thing about training wingers is that you don't really miss it if you sell a player, or just started training a new one. Sure, your wing attack will drop, but that's not the most important aspect of the team to begin with. You can keep all strong inner players (fc, im, cd, even defensive wb). Even if you want to have a strong player on the wing position you can just look for a IM with inad/passable winger and play a WTM.
Old 21-10-2010, 12:56   #22
Aggie
Emperor

I'm convinced now! Depending on the prices of players at the end of the season I will choose what age my trainees will be. Right now 28 YO's are affordable for me considering the team strategy.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:10   #23
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
I'm convinced now! Depending on the prices of players at the end of the season I will choose what age my trainees will be. Right now 28 YO's are affordable for me considering the team strategy.
I changed my mind.

In normal circumstances I would go for winger, but I am very afraid that prices will drop in the coming seasons (due to a flood of super-multiskilled players). It seems to me that a lot of people will lose money while training, unless you start with very young players.

Added to that the salary increases would be gigantic should I switch to winger training. I think this would be about 150K per week.

In short: I don't think I can afford winger training without abandoning the league and cup goals (meaning: I wouldn't choose 17 yo trainees).

Instead I will go for keeper training with 1 keeper and 1 defender on the training spot (thanks for the tip ynnek!). I will keep the rest of my team, replacing some weaker individuals with stronger oldies (> 29 yo).

I think that this way I will be able to compete in IV and get far (beyond round 5) in the cup.

The money I make will be from weekly profit (a positive balance between crowd income and player salary/player replacement).
Old 31-01-2011, 11:46   #24
Aggie
Emperor

After about 10 training games my 2nd keeper went from wretched to passable. His keeper star rating went from 3 to 5.5 (then being inad, now being solid). The first keeper has 5 stars while being inad!!!

Within a season the 2nd keeper will become outstanding. Within 5 seasons reach ET. By then he'll be an ET keeper and ET defender (and also brilliant SP).

All these developments made me decide to sell my first keeper (worth 5 M) and buy another 25 yo strong defender, SP taker (worth 3 M). It's far more fun to see so many pops and also I believe this will be more worthwhile than training keepers that are already strong. My first keeper had one pop (from SN to Tit) and is worth the same as last season.

One drawback of training these types of players is that you can't guess the current value with transfer compare. This TC can't make a selection of strong defenders with reasonable keeper abilities.

Last edited by Aggie; 31-01-2011 at 11:54.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:11   #25
Aggie
Emperor

I should probably not be so hasty. I'd better wait one more season so that I have 2 strong keepers in an (so it seems) important next season.
Old 03-02-2011, 16:45   #26
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm not sure I get what you were trying to do in the first place...
Old 24-03-2011, 15:55   #27
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I'm not sure I get what you were trying to do in the first place...
Saw this reply just now (a bit late I guess...). My plans are still the same.

I have two keeper trainees. Keeper A started as SN keeper and keeper B started as wretched keeper with ET defense. Naturally both also have strong SP.

I notice that my keeper A now has 7 stars with solid form. Keeper B has 6 stars with passable form. The progress of keeper B has been superb. From wretched to excellent in a season. Within now and very soon he should be stronger (on stars) than keeper A.

That's why I will sell keeper A after the next pop and buy back another wretched keeper with high defense and SP. I hope to get 5.5 to 6 M for my keeper A while the new keeper will only cost 3 M.

I am very interested to see how much I will get for keeper B as soon as he reaches ET keeper, ET defense and high SP (within 3 seasons).
Old 24-03-2011, 17:46   #28
Shabbaman
Administrator

Spell it out for me, apparently I'm retarded. You're training GK, I gather that much. But not at GK apparently. SP, def?
Old 24-03-2011, 20:19   #29
barbu1977
Emperor

Having a deffensive keeper is better? I always thought GK (and SP) was the only important stat for a keeper.
Old 25-03-2011, 15:58   #30
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Spell it out for me, apparently I'm retarded. You're training GK, I gather that much. But not at GK apparently. SP, def?
Let’s see what I can do...

Ynnek suggested me to train a strong defender in the goal (see his post in this thread). So I bought myself a 25 yo ET defender with wretched GK. He played the wednesday matches every week and after 15 weeks of training him GK he went to excellent (almost formidable at this point). The rest of the previous posts speak for themselves, I hope….

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbu1977 View Post
Having a defensive keeper is better? I always thought GK (and SP) was the only important stat for a keeper.
Hattrick Wiki: "Regarding influence on ratings, a level of keeper is equivalent to about 3 levels of defending for a goalkeeper." This means that my excellent GK actually is as good as a worldclass GK (with his ET def).