Old 23-06-2005, 11:56   #11
Pastorius
Custard used tile

grahamthebedmonk?
Old 23-06-2005, 14:50   #12
grahamiam
Emperor

very nice paal, that looks good to me

also, i'm going to try today to open a gmail account for the saves that we can all access. that way, there won't be any problems when we switch players. hopefully, this game utilizes matrix's turn tracker.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 15:24   #13
grahamiam
Emperor

list and p/w sent to Rik
Old 23-06-2005, 18:29   #14
romeothemonk
King

Excellent smithers!!
I am looking forward to this one a lot.
Old 25-06-2005, 03:42   #15
grahamiam
Emperor

all of our selections were rejected due to the selection method. Rik wants us to select 5 new civ's, but I'm not sure what the heck the criteria is so I asked which civ's are still available. Maybe it'll shed some light on what this process is as none of us seem to understand it.

edit: actually, I'm kind of pissed about this. Why are all 5 of ours eliminated but all other 7 teams have a civ from thier list? can't he find a fucking way to give us at least one civ from our list and give someone else a different selection from thiers? And I know we sent our list very early (2nd or 3rd), so how the hell did the others select before us
Old 25-06-2005, 03:44   #16
Rik Meleet

I'm not going to tell you as that would give you some information of the other teams and possibly create an unfair civ-choice. That is the reason why I asked 5 instead of just 1.

Just choose 5 non-Agri civs you'd like to play. I'll check your top choice for availability etc. You get the civ you prefer (if possible).
Old 25-06-2005, 03:50   #17
grahamiam
Emperor

sorry, can't sign in MSN right now. problems with the connection. plus, i need my teamates to help with the list. how 8 teams can submit 40 civ choices and not get 8 distinct civ's is beyond me
Old 25-06-2005, 03:52   #18
Rik Meleet

Sure, Consider you options. I've send the PM to all 3 team-members so they are aware of it when they log in.
Old 25-06-2005, 04:12   #19
Rik Meleet

quote: actually, I'm kind of pissed about this. Why are all 5 of ours eliminated but all other 7 teams have a civ from thier list? can't he find a fucking way to give us at least one civ from our list and give someone else a different selection from thiers? And I know we sent our list very early (2nd or 3rd), so how the hell did the others select before us -

The selection method (as described by Markstar in the thread) used was:
1 - Compare the 1st slot. All civs that are unique (chosen by only 1 team in that slot) are chosen.
2 - If a team has been assigned a civ; the team's choices for later slots are ignored.
3 - Double civ-choices in any slot are automatically removed from the game - eliminated.
4 - Compare the 2nd slot. All civs that aren't eliminated and are unique (chosen by only 1 team in that slot) are chosen. rince and repeat for all 5 slots.

Meaning in your case: your slot 1 civ was doubled. Your slot 2 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1. Your slot 3 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1 or 2. Your slot 4 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1,2 or 3. Your slot 5 civ was doubled or already uniquely chosen in slot 1,2,3 or 4.

The other 7 teams had chosen a civ in a slot that was both unique and not chosen in an earlier slot by a different team. The civ selection has nothing to do with the order in which the PM's were received. The play-order in the game will be.

I will post a clarification in the main thread on how the civs were assigned to the teams after all 8 teams have a civ assigned. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the selection method was known upfront in this post: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...REPLY_ID=52828
Old 25-06-2005, 04:24   #20
grahamiam
Emperor

well, sorry, but this just gets my "irish" up