Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 20-01-2004, 10:22   #21
Kingreno

And so it begins. Operation "Foo yong Hai" was given green light by our magnificent leader. Zulu forces boarded their ships in numbers as as second group made its way trough Greek lands to eventually meet up on the southern tip of our island.
We are still in our golden age and have decided to live that in our beloved goverment, namely despotism. We simply have too many gold per turn deals to be able to pay for it in Anarchy and we wish not to lose our fine reputation!
But first things first. Mister ProPain has himself in quite the situation. His Korean neighbours are almost dead and keep sending archers at him thus giving him nothing but leadermeat. That resulted in at least the Great Library and probably a FP too.
Wankers land is slowly shrinking and as our estimates tell us it will soon be reduced to a single city on our own continent, if he does not get that in the peace treaty.
PP's very bad attitude towards korean and zulu people has however made the rest of teh world very clear that PP is that bad guy:

66.28KB

In the interturn, India signed an MA with Germany agaisnt PP too! This sounds unimportant but India has teh lighthouse and actually can reach him in 2 turns as can be seen on this Minimap:

7.36KB

I really hope that the Greeks and the Indians land some forces on his turf. PP will have at least some trouble because:

3.62KB

Now for opperation "Foo yong Hi":

110.96KB

Above left a fleet of 5 galleys can be seen. They hold 3 horses and 7 impis, 3 elite. In 5 turns they will land 2 squares from Beijing. IF PP's anarchy is 6 turns he will have no time to buy troops. If it is less, he will not see the fleet (we have stealth) and will not be able to buy reinforcements too.
Tech wise, his best defender will be a spear, so even offensive impi are an option, but first things first: getting there...
He will probably not be able to see my fleet from in'chon but it is possible he has some units on Korean turf, though I doubt it. This is because he would and should go for their capitol first, since it has culture and will not be razed. However, we are by no means certain. If PP does see the fleet he will block the squares around beijing with units...
The purple lines indicate a second force. I will have 8 units ready on the southern tip of the island, 5 impi and 3 horses, their target will depend on the succes of the frist wave. If the first strike fails, where I mean beijing does not fall, I will pillage the shit out of him, though this would realy be a serious disapointment. The green lines are therefore just a theoeticel situation. Xinjan holds the lib so that owuld be an awesome target!
For real satisfaction, 8 swords are also slowly going south (alex has roaded as if he were on chieftan!)

There is also bad news though. I had made peace with the Greeks all for this opperation and last turn a hopi/sword combo entered my land without reason...that would screw up things, I need that RoP! I have a lux deal as well with him, so I pray I can keep his troops at bay. For safety I have send a few impi to is iron and horses.

Old 20-01-2004, 11:37   #22
Skyfish

Great Plan !
Indeed the only problem could well be Alex because even if you cant raze Beijing the pillaging tactic is very efficient and would deal a huge blow to him (see my game vs DrA for proof )
Old 20-01-2004, 11:55   #23
col
King

An efficient pillage will collapse a civ pretty quickly when most of the food and shields disappear. Once the road network goes, cities riot because of the lack of lux. At the same time, income drops too.Impis are awesome pillagers. 2 move and 2 defence make them incredibly difficult to drive away. I wouldnt even bother trying to take any cities.
Old 21-01-2004, 11:58   #24
Kingreno

***HOT NEWS***

On the littery beaches near Beijing we have established A BEACHHEAD:

22.45KB

In 5 turns these brave men will join the party:

36.37KB

The Greek "invasionforce":

21.94KB

PP is still in ANARCHY!!!!
Old 21-01-2004, 12:36   #25
anarres
anarchist butcher

I can't imagine PP suriving this, unless he has plenty of troops around as MP. Even then he will get pillaged back to the stone age...
Old 21-01-2004, 13:08   #26
Skyfish

I heard Bijing did not fall...looks like PP is not doing bad at all even
Report please !
Old 21-01-2004, 13:21   #27
Kingreno

Scattered reports comming in:

The beachhead survived but after a peek in the FOW Beijing had a vet Pike defending.
Therefore the "melee" order was given and immediately the horse, mined grass, mined cow were pillaged. Chinese forces quickly closed in on the now fortified impi and many losses on both sides.
A turn later the irrigated cow was also pillaged and 2 workers were slaughtered! The next turn all my forces were destroyed![]
PP upgraded all his warriors to MI...
However, a second wave will land in the korean lands next turn!
Old 07-04-2004, 13:11   #28
Kingreno

I conceded!

I lost much fun and the game progressed about a turn a week and that was my fault. I was very annoyed with the RNG and after 40+ elite vics for me without a leader, and PP's 4...and thus the wonders with them, I see no chances for me. The greeks are very strong and PP has notjing in his way to land a load of Riders on my land.
I believe he would not have succeeded in conquering my lands, but with both Leo's and sun tzu he would need only half of his reesources devoted to our war, while the rest can build infra.
PP played well, and took care of the Koreans well. I played like shit.

However, since this was my first PBEM started an age ago, I enjoyed the first 110 turns a lot.

And for those of you who said that pillaging was better then an attack on Beijing...I went back and played turn 119:

57.88KB

Congrats PP.
Old 07-04-2004, 13:23   #29
Skyfish

KingReno am disappointed in you

On a sidenote, I dont understand your remark about attacking Beijing, look at my comment on this :
Quote:
quote:even if you cant raze Beijing the pillaging tactic is very efficient
Re-reading the spoiler quickly I cant find a psot where somebody tells you NOT to raze Beijing, here is
another remark I made which substantiates the fact that I was sure your plan was to raze Beijing :
Quote:
quote:I heard Beijing did not fall...looks like PP is not doing bad at all even
So am really surprised and can imagine you are a bit bitter about not having attacked as soon as you could
Poor KR

Old 07-04-2004, 14:42   #30
Swingue
Prince

Well too bad, this is the end of an entertaining game.
I've heard most from one side: Propain's but watched your thread now and then.
You were close beating the shit out of him, now he is sitting opposite of me with a big smile

Better luck next time

================================================

Swingue got a new pair of eyes, 20/20 vision now
Swingue is offline   Reply With Quote